Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 43690 times)

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 05:22:33 am »
Can you guys share more videos about BF3. Already watched Metro , Tank , Sniper Campaign , really small multi that guy runs in first 2 mins.

Any luck about steam so we can buy from it ?

Wont be on steam unfortunately, EA is using this to front their steam clone Origin  :?
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 05:55:38 am »
The whole deal about it scanning your computer etc was changed by EA. It caused such a uproar they removed it from there ToS.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 06:09:48 am »
The whole deal about it scanning your computer etc was changed by EA. It caused such a uproar they removed it from there ToS.

yay
Just a soldier

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 07:35:17 am »
I'm still waiting for my preorder "early access" beta key... good job EA. 48 early beta access my ass. This is the last time I'm a sucker for EA promotions.

EDIT: after third try of waiting for an hour in EA support chat queue I finally managed to talk to a guy who can speak proper english, who also gave me the key.

Horrible, just horrible.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:49:59 am by Vibe »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:10 am »

Have you got any official links or something from a news website that says this, like the last guy did. Not that I don't trust you but it would put a hell of a lot of stuff to bed! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:13 am »
Have you got any official links or something from a news website that says this, like the last guy did. Not that I don't trust you but it would put a hell of a lot of stuff to bed! :P

I found this: http://www.gamesthirst.com/2011/08/27/ea-scandal-continues-revises-origin-eula-still-will-scan-your-computer-for-all-personal-information/

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 09:45:44 am »
Well, I haven't read or seen anything in regards to Origin scanning my PC, and I run extremely high security due also having important work on this one.
Most likely just Activision propaganda, given they're in the pockets of a lot of major gaming networks. If Origin would be scanning my PC in form I'd get an alert and so far nothing.

Otherwise, in general this is a great game, even with only Infantry action it is intense and hectic - unless you're a sad camper sitting in a bush 24/7 of course - Tor, Furax and I have been playing together for a bit, utilizing some team-play and it really makes for a great fun game. Took me a handful of matches to get properly used to the game as well, can't be Rambo you'll get shot to pieces, gotta flank or work your way up slowly, use cover A LOT, take it slow, if you're getting shot at the probability of quickly standing up and shooting your opponent is usually a bad idea, stay in cover and wait for an opportunity - I love that - especially if it's suppressing fire which blurs your screen thus providing cover for team mates.

There's bugs though, some clipping issues with the ground, animations are a bit weird sometimes when people are jumping over objects.

The unlocks are loads of fun as well, having a flash light and being able to blind your enemy (or team mates :P) is great fun, even with the laser sights if you aim at peoples faces it blinds and dazes them shortly, makes for some great close combat quarter fights.

For now Squads are done randomly though can't form or make one which is quite an issue given you can't play with your friends without a bit of a work-around (leave/join squads to try and transfer to each other).

I can't wait for them to release Caspian Border for the demo, going to be amazing :D
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 09:48:05 am »
Well, I haven't read or seen anything in regards to Origin scanning my PC, and I run extremely high security due also having important work on this one.
Most likely just Activision propaganda, given they're in the pockets of a lot of major gaming networks. If Origin would be scanning my PC in form I'd get an alert and so far nothing.

Otherwise, in general this is a great game, even with only Infantry action it is intense and hectic - unless you're a sad camper sitting in a bush 24/7 of course - Tor, Furax and I have been playing together for a bit, utilizing some team-play and it really makes for a great fun game. Took me a handful of matches to get properly used to the game as well, can't be Rambo you'll get shot to pieces, gotta flank or work your way up slowly, use cover A LOT, take it slow, if you're getting shot at the probability of quickly standing up and shooting your opponent is usually a bad idea, stay in cover and wait for an opportunity - I love that - especially if it's suppressing fire which blurs your screen thus providing cover for team mates.

There's bugs though, some clipping issues with the ground, animations are a bit weird sometimes when people are jumping over objects.

The unlocks are loads of fun as well, having a flash light and being able to blind your enemy (or team mates :P) is great fun, even with the laser sights if you aim at peoples faces it blinds and dazes them shortly, makes for some great close combat quarter fights.

For now Squads are done randomly though can't form or make one which is quite an issue given you can't play with your friends without a bit of a work-around (leave/join squads to try and transfer to each other).

I can't wait for them to release Caspian Border for the demo, going to be amazing :D

Nice imput :)

I heard rumors that they're going to add Caspian Border to beta, is this true?

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 10:03:20 am »
I heard rumors that they're going to add Caspian Border to beta, is this true?

As far as I know from EA at gamescom, Yes.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »
Password for the Caspian Border servers:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:04:22 pm by Nessaj »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 03:47:01 pm »
Password for the Caspian Border servers: sexyelevator

Hehe saw that :D

It will probably get changed before I get home and finish downloading the game...

Have you tried Caspian Border yet?

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 03:53:56 pm »
Yeah, shortly. Invert doesn't work for aircrafts and I hate flying without (I use invert on everything, since my first day of FPS).
Managed to do a quick fly around on the map though, downing a squad of infantry and a helicopter with gun only 8-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 09:21:06 am »
Ok so I finally managed to start up my "48 hour" early access. Played a few maps and so far so good. Will try to be objective about this.

Pros and cons of BF3 beta:

+ very nice graphics, considering not all graphic features are enabled yet
+ fair xp/point system, you get a lot of extra points/xp just for support (like kill assist, spotting, suppression fire assist!)
+ love suppression fire mechanic, very good for support and team work
+ sound is simply amazing
+ destruction is nice
+ I actually like the Battlelog thingy
+ nice bipod placement detection, you can actually place bipods on boulders and stuff standing out when crouching
+ flashlight blinding!
+ sniper lens light so you can notice them when they are aiming

- movement seems a bit buggy, atleast outside in the Metro map, walking on the grass and around rocks
- bug where you fall under the map
- damage seems a bit too much like in hardcore mode (but that will be fixed for final version they said)
- as an avid Engineer class player I'm a bit disappointed that RPG rocket explosions aren't bigger
- recoil seems a bit too much
- Metro is a CoD map, not really a true Battlefield map
- Tor is already over rank 30

Open beta starts today!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:51:45 am by Vibe »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »
new password
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:05:13 pm by Nessaj »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2011, 10:36:55 am »
played it yesterday, must say i like it but buggy as hell. ye i know its a beta but still...

i think im getting it  :mrgreen:

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login