Author Topic: Khudan Spawn Point  (Read 9066 times)

Offline Hauptmann

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you.
    • View Profile
Re: Khudan Spawn Point
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 07:32:23 pm »
Cool.
Never again.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 07:32:49 pm »
Yes its beta come on we need to play it for 5 years to release real one lol

chadz these are your last days as a moderator in 2 weeks people will quit this shit already.

I will still play. *shrugs* People were screaming for strat to be released even if it had bugs, and they got what they asked for, serves them right.

Regardless of Strat, the cRPG battle/Siege/etc part is still grand fun!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 07:33:16 pm »
Its not our fault that Drz decided to fill up the roster and not show up to defend the town, we were just trying to test the raid function, as i at least have never seen it in action, sadly, it doesnt work
I agree that blaming you guys in this situation is pretty messed up. I can also believe that you wanted to test the raid mechanic. But that's just not fair and pretty much everyone here knows it. I am strongly for turning the castle neutral. There was a bug n the beginning of strat where our member, Tigersblood got nearly 2million gold somehow and we quickly reported it, as this would have been a totally unfair balance breaking advantage. I do hope you or the mods will do the same in this situation.

Regardless, thanks for finding the bug.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:57:59 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 07:40:24 pm »
mercs got to keep their city after the spawn let them inside. I do not see how this is really any different. Applaud tkov for the daring raid. It will get fixed when the devs have time but why roll it neutral again? The only reason you are asking it due to the war. I understand why.. but why should the devs care about a war between two factions?

people signed up to defend the place and did not show up. Is that a bug.. nope. Just bad time management or indifference. Either way you can not blame goat and crew for that happening. Bug has been noted. It will get addressed in a patch or next strat.
Leader of BS

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »
...Just bad time management or indifference....
You are so funny.
"Bad time management"
Wow. Are you from this planet? Or you really saint and have a nimbus and really trust what you type?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:47:26 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »
People signed up to defend. 1 of them showed up.

I only ever sign up when I know I will be able to make it... its called time management, signing up and not showing up for whatever reason is poor time management... Since it was neutral city they were defending, maybe the defenders were indifferent to the outcome and that is why the no shows.

I do not see what is wrong with my statements.
Leader of BS

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »

Wow. Are you from this planet? Or you really saint and have a nimbus and really trust what you type?

and I will be honest, I have no idea what you are saying above.
I will attempt to respond to your crit...
Clearly from the planet (I tried to get internet on mars but the cable provider would not run the lines) Those who know me including my dear mother would call me a saint. I seem to be lacking any and all nimbus cloud effects. Maybe I will get that for my birthday.
Leader of BS

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 08:18:12 pm »
People signed up to defend. 1 of them showed up.

I only ever sign up when I know I will be able to make it... its called time management, signing up and not showing up for whatever reason is poor time management... Since it was neutral city they were defending, maybe the defenders were indifferent to the outcome and that is why the no shows.

I do not see what is wrong with my statements.

I think you're being short sighted. Being able to take a city like that changes the entire game. It's game breaking and just a matter of time till everyone exploits it. Fallen already has three or four battles up where they are attacking major cities with around ten guys.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 08:27:18 pm »
Personally I find limiting a sides defenders/attackers based on the size of the ENEMY troop to be totally asinine. If we're going to have 60 on 60 battles, 60 people should always be able to sign up if the side they are doing so for has enough troops to spawn them at least once, they shouldn't reduce their numbers to 10-15 just because the other side doesn't have enough to field a full force.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 08:35:24 pm »
hey mala I agree with your numbers troops thing. I like having bigger fights. Lots of people want to join the strat battles and when numbers are based on troop count it limits who can get involved.

As for short sited now I can not agree with it. People learned from this battle and I have seen defenders at the cities now. I doubt it will happen again. The bug was reported and people are going to keep trying to use it till it is fixed or they are told that it is punishable. Nothing anyone in the playerbase can do about it till those things happen besides sign up and actually show up for defense..
Leader of BS

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »
hey mala I agree with your numbers troops thing. I like having bigger fights. Lots of people want to join the strat battles and when numbers are based on troop count it limits who can get involved.

As for short sited now I can not agree with it. People learned from this battle and I have seen defenders at the cities now. I doubt it will happen again. The bug was reported and people are going to keep trying to use it till it is fixed or they are told that it is punishable. Nothing anyone in the playerbase can do about it till those things happen besides sign up and actually show up for defense..

Yup, you're right. You're not being shortsighted. You're just an asshole. My apologies.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 09:47:34 pm »
Chaos calling other people assholes? What next, gonna call someone a troll?  :lol:

WE BETTER GET SERIOUS GUYS TIME TO PUT ON YOUR SERIOUS ARMOUR
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »
how am I being an asshole. I agreed with Mal about upping the number of people willing/able to join a strat battle.

The second part is not about me being an asshole.. I honestly do not think Chad and Devs care that our sides are fighting, or who holds an advantage over the other. Nor should they, since it has nothing to do with coding the game.

Did tkov find a bug, potentially. waiting to see what Devs say regarding it. The potential bug was reported (being able to attack such a large town with so few troops is the bug I refer). Is this me being an asshole? I still do not think so

Did they cheat to get the town. No. they had 4 guys. Defense had people signed up. 1 showed. That is not the fault of the attackers. Is this me being an asshole?

I know a handful of chaos guys and get along with them. I was not insulting anyone/or alliance. Not sure what I did to earn being called an asshole.

Leader of BS

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
how am I being an asshole. I agreed with Mal about upping the number of people willing/able to join a strat battle.

The second part is not about me being an asshole.. I honestly do not think Chad and Devs care that our sides are fighting, or who holds an advantage over the other. Nor should they, since it has nothing to do with coding the game.

Did tkov find a bug, potentially. waiting to see what Devs say regarding it. The potential bug was reported (being able to attack such a large town with so few troops is the bug I refer). Is this me being an asshole? I still do not think so

Did they cheat to get the town. No. they had 4 guys. Defense had people signed up. 1 showed. That is not the fault of the attackers. Is this me being an asshole?

I know a handful of chaos guys and get along with them. I was not insulting anyone/or alliance. Not sure what I did to earn being called an asshole.

You're defending a position that is indefensible because it benefits you. Furthermore, the position you are taking ruins the game. That makes you an asshole. 

Towns, castles, and cities have incrementally larger npc populations to defend them because they are suppose to be incrementally that much more difficult to capture. What you have done is turned strategus into a waiting game. Under the current conditions you support you no longer need to take the time to save up the gold and manpower to take a city, you don't have to put in any effort, you just need to continually attack cities and castles with ten or so guys and hope noone shows to defend.

For comparison sake lets say we were playing a game of monopoly that went on for months and every time you got up to take a piss, go to work, go to school, go out to a bar and have a drink, I took another piece of property off the board and only paid a tenth of what it was worth. Does that sound like a fun game of monopoly to you? If it does you're an asshole.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 10:39:34 pm »

I have an opinion. I stated opinion. You disagree with it. Still does not make me an asshole. Tkov did something to get them an advantage in a war. This whole strat is about finding a way to get an advantage. They pulled something off no one thought to even try. Not defending it. Nothing to defend. Well the town could have used some defense but those people decided not to show.
Leader of BS