Author Topic: crpg, strategus, chadz  (Read 42271 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
crpg, strategus, chadz
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:03:36 pm »
  • I will be back in about 7 days,
  • there is a wiki, please feel free to use and extend it: http://wiki.c-rpg.net - many thanks to all the people that did so far,
  • after that, strategus will get some love, and nearly a complete overhaul, gameplay wise first,
  • there will, due to heavy gameplay changes, be probably a mini-wipe - all money, items and troops will get wiped, only the fief ownerships will stay.

Edit: so some of you can prepare your chars  :wink::
  • There will be a feature to trade heirlooms with other players, you can also shift money around,
  • however, it will be separated: You have one char that is the main char (=strategus char), the others are alts. Alts can do business with other alts only, main chars can do business with other main chars only.
  • fighting in strategus battles will be limited to main chars
Discuss and curse!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:09:37 pm by chadz »

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
Re: crpg, strategus, chadz
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:20 pm »
  • there will, due to heavy gameplay changes, be probably a mini-wipe - all money, items and troops will get wiped, only the fief ownerships will stay.

Discuss and curse!

Hate Love you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:02 pm »
it's good to be a lord

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:13:22 pm »
Lord Siiem shall stay then :D

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:14:08 pm »
  • fighting in strategus battles will be limited to main chars

Thanks for this!!!

EDIT: On second thought... Everyone will have main char archer and any other classes will be alt so it wont be a big difference. Or i have missed something :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:16:57 pm by Krakatit »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:15:17 pm »
The subjects of Kelredan Castle has reason to live in fear once again, the Tyrant Lord Bjord (lol) will rule with an ironfist!

Very good news, chadz. AND FOR ONCE, GOOD NEWS! HISTORICAL!
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:16 pm »
Is there/Will there be a possibility to change your "mainchar" by deleting your current strategus char (deleting only in strategus) and joining with a new one?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:26:12 pm by Yaron »
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 12:32:10 pm »
i dont think it will severely limit the amount of archers in a strategus battle but it will make it more robust and that is a good think.

im a little lost though, what does alts have to do with strategus if you can only use your main in strategus. what i mean is, how can alts trade between each other if they're not in strategus less he is referring to your own alts only. if that is the case will the money earned by your main and alts be pulled together in a pool?

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:26 pm »
I am somewhat concerned that it is only a miniwipe. Several clans in strat are already so big, that the proposed trading system might not have an effect.

However, that remains to be seen.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:45:00 pm »
ehm, everything sounds great, only the alt-thing.

I levelled 3 chars only for strategus, an archer, a thrower and a pure cavalry guy, and now I can only play with my main char? sry, but that sucks.

That was the point of it. Because right now it is really stupid when people just use a char which fits best in battle. Right now people dont play one character at strategus but a swiss knife...

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »
Can we just get a full wipe?

Also my suggestions:

>Make Strategus completely separate from C-rpg.
>If you log into Strategus you get a lvl 35 character whom you can point up however you want.
>Institute INT and CHA stats to limit army size, army speed, vision radius, etc etc.
>Keep the 1 character rule and allow only Strategus characters to fight in Strategus battles.

I've given this a lot of thought and as I see it -- the only way to prevent the map from stagnation of 3-4 huge clan conglomerates is to institute INT and CHA stats and troop moral, just as in native single-player.  Troop moral limits the amount of troops any one player can have at one time, it also reduces standing armies of factions to what they can support.  Currently it is quite easy to support a standing army of 70k-150k troops as 1 town can produce excess of 50k gold a day.  This prevents small factions from gaining a foothold, so the clans in power will stay in power unless they do something extremely foolish (shogunate, irc , guard (pubcrawl)), or they get ousted by another conglomerate. 

By instituting the above changes, the meta game of Strategus becomes much more strategic.  If the amount of troops a single player can move at one time is limited to around 100-150 depending on CHA (ie leadership skill).  Large groups of players will have to be well coordinated in their attacks and defenses.  Skirmishers and scouting parties as well as marshals could be utilized.  The current state of play is that only one person need move an army of 10k-30k troops.  Everyone else just needs to sign up on the roster.

***Another important thought on the "mini-wipe" is that it will favor large faction conglomerates much more so than small factions.
Exempli gratia:
Fallen has around 30 fiefs, The Turks have 3 fiefs.  We out pass them in resource acquisition at a rate of 10:1.  So they have 100 troops in the time it takes us to make 1000 troops; we crush them.  Not only taking out all their troops but also taking all of their territory and preventing any counter-attack.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:15:27 pm by Loki »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:25:07 pm »
I think that crpg and strategeus is a good idea. Gives more meaning to your actions and cohesion in the whole.

Also, could you fix my war spear heirloom?
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 01:25:33 pm »
1. Do not try and make assumptions on the current version of strategus - this was just a placeholder, and the next version will be nearly nothing like that at all.
2. Yes, larger factions will have more power than smaller factions - however, this is just to iron out and test the new features. Once they are all included and tested there will be a full wipe.
3. Strategus and cRPG will be connected much more, not the other way around. Grinding, however, will probably not be of any use. Only time will tell.

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 01:25:52 pm »
In past was said that there is intended to make some payment for applying to battles from which you are far away. So you will have to take all your clanmembers with you when you want to attack someone to hire them without big gold loss. But i dont know if developers still have in mind to implement it :)

EDIT: Many strategus features was discussed before strategus was released. It was at summer and from that time until now joined many new players so they might not know about them. Dont worry as far as i remember there are intended many good things :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:32:22 pm by Krakatit »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »
fighting in strategus battles will be limited to main chars

This is a bad idea, we all made alts that now will be useless.