Author Topic: Bug or not - strange money behaviour in castle  (Read 720 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Bug or not - strange money behaviour in castle
« on: August 15, 2011, 01:08:15 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just in a castle with a weird and friendly lord... ;-)
(a transaction log would actually very helpful to determine what is going on...).

Following some helpful advice I travelled to a remote castle, the harmless hermit from the forest was granted access, and he took up some honest work.

Earned a certain amount per hour, everything fine.

Then switched to recruiting and expected to slowly lose money. Instead, every day I log in I have made cash, and more than if I had been working...

Any reason for that or just a bug?
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Bug or not - strange money behaviour in castle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:10:42 pm »
You get cash just from playing your character. Every time you earn gold, a small percentage goes to your cRPG character.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:12:03 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just in a castle with a weird and friendly lord... ;-)
(a transaction log would actually very helpful to determine what is going on...).

Following some helpful advice I travelled to a remote castle, the harmless hermit from the forest was granted access, and he took up some honest work.

Earned a certain amount per hour, everything fine.

Then switched to recruiting and expected to slowly lose money. Instead, every day I log in I have made cash, and more than if I had been working...

Any reason for that or just a bug?

I'm a bit curious, what castle is/was it?(sounds like the place to be  :wink:) Also, did it give a set rate per hour when you saw the option of recruiting soldiers? It should have been listed in parenthesis right next to the option itself.

TOD's explanation is more than likely what is happening to you though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:34:38 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:27:36 pm »
thanks guys - ToD's explanation would make sense, I have been playing quite a bit the past days, opposite to the weeks before.
Will see if my char makes money today as well, since I will not be playing and left him there for recruiting.

Officially he should be losing 5 gold per hour since that is the visiting fee.

And while I doubt that it is an issue of a specific castle - you can join me in Chalbek castle, Darkkarma - officially I'm recruiting there, but you might find me in the tavern... :)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »
Hirlok, if you want a good recruitment rate go to villages, if you want to earn good money go to a city.  The castle's troop and money rates are almost always below both but then again there are many neutral castles so you dont have to worry about high rates or getting kicked out.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo