Author Topic: Strategus Reinforcement Fail  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus Reinforcement Fail
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 10:30:36 am »
Sic semper tyrannis
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Inequity

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: kampgrounds of america
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:27 am »

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:34 am »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Thokan

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The ATS Swede
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Thokan, Guildmaster, Bambur
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 03:16:22 pm »
WTB 2 meter tall Canadian Lenin statue.

Offline Kazak

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Сiла и Чѣсть!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Honeybadgers
  • Game nicks: Kazak
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:28:37 pm by Kazak »
Не веровать и верить свободно - Вот в чём вера моя... И только в одно
Я верую слепо, как сердцу угодно: В веселье и радость, и в смех и в вино!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »
I would fill you in all the essentials bits of info about strat battles... but our current diplomatic relations make me a little hesitant about giving too much advice right now. You shall have to learn all this the same way we did... through a ton of war experience.

Just to say this is the worst part of cRPG, especially Strategus.

Newbies already have to go through the painful beginning of the game, preventing them to learn everything in the game just to have an edge on them is bullshit, even if tacticaly relevant.

How to keep people interested if they have to act like beta-tester in every way of the game ?

Im not talking about formations tactics, how to use their keyboard/mouse, etc... but im talking about HOW THE DAMN GAME WORKS.

If there is a complete tutorial somewhere then everything I said is useless but I still have to find a link !
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:18:10 pm by Butan »

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »

Just to say this is the worst part of cRPG, especially Strategus.

Newbies already have to go through the painful beginning of the game, preventing them to learn everything in the game just to have an edge on them is bullshit, even if tacticaly relevant.

How to keep people interested if they have to act like beta-tester in every way of the game ?

Im not talking about formations tactics, how to use their keyboard/mouse, etc... but im talking about HOW THE DAMN GAME WORKS.

If there is a complete tutorial somewhere then everything I said is useless but I still have to find a link !

Unfortunately with the way strategus is currently, not much is possible in the way of real 'strategy'. All terrain is passable, everyone moves at the same speed, anyone can enter any village, ect. So instead one of the only strategic advantages you can gain over an opponent is a better understanding of the bizarre mechanics of how strategus works. LLJK has its own strategus handbook where we gather information, as I'm sure many other clans do, and we all guard them jealously because its the one of the only sources of strategic advantage to be had over others.

Hopefully as strategus evolves this will no longer be the case and the game will grow a comprehensive user manual but as of now its "trial and error" for new players. I can tell you a bunch of funny stories about mistakes LLJK made in the first Shogunate war:

-Had a bunch of players sending gold to a village under siege, under the assumption that the funds inside a village were usable by the village owner. Nope! Whoops! I'm sure the Shogunate was grateful for the 100k gold we left for them inside it.

-Had our biggest army locked down for 24 hours attacking a dinky enemy force because we thought auto-calc was still in.

So yeap, welcome to the club ATS.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »
lol ATS noobs!!

Tbh, SPQR is right, there is no real strategy in strategus, and you could see that every clan keep his info very secret, all the old clan like Drz, Fallen, Shogunate, Guards, Grey, Templars (oh no, its no more a clan...) know very well how to use and abuse this specific rules.

But it seems that next version will be even more advanced, and i'm pretty sure that chadz will give a few or no info about game mechanics, once again the one who will win this new version will be the one to find the best exploit...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 07:58:15 pm »
Tbh, SPQR is right, there is no real strategy in strategus, and you could see that every clan keep his info very secret, all the old clan like Drz, Fallen, Shogunate, Guards, Grey, Templars (oh no, its no more a clan...) know very well how to use and abuse this specific rules.

The Fallen have yet to exploit any game mechanic or rules in strat thank you, we learn just as everyone else does.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 01:47:17 am »
The Fallen have yet to exploit any game mechanic or rules in strat thank you, we learn just as everyone else does.

Wow don't be that sensible Tears, btw did you participate in old strat?

But go down, i was speaking of tactics, move and actions which are in some way exploiting game mechanics, attacking NA at 5am in the morning is the first obvious example. Drz was the best to find a flaw in the system, all other clans did same tactics after them (blocking army, attacking from a fief), chadz makes some change to avoid or interfere in some actions (but i guess this old new version doesn't need to be changed further at the moment, this is only for testing)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 07:08:59 am »
Online War is Hell.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 01:03:31 pm »
Unfortunately with the way strategus is currently, not much is possible in the way of real 'strategy'. All terrain is passable, everyone moves at the same speed, anyone can enter any village, ect. So instead one of the only strategic advantages you can gain over an opponent is a better understanding of the bizarre mechanics of how strategus works. LLJK has its own strategus handbook where we gather information, as I'm sure many other clans do, and we all guard them jealously because its the one of the only sources of strategic advantage to be had over others.

Hopefully as strategus evolves this will no longer be the case and the game will grow a comprehensive user manual but as of now its "trial and error" for new players. I can tell you a bunch of funny stories about mistakes LLJK made in the first Shogunate war:

-Had a bunch of players sending gold to a village under siege, under the assumption that the funds inside a village were usable by the village owner. Nope! Whoops! I'm sure the Shogunate was grateful for the 100k gold we left for them inside it.

-Had our biggest army locked down for 24 hours attacking a dinky enemy force because we thought auto-calc was still in.

So yeap, welcome to the club ATS.

QFT. Only one, little measly addition to Strategus would actually make it...well, Strategic, and that's some fucking geography. It's one of the main things I and others were waiting for in the "new" version, but alas, still no strategy to be had in Strategus beyond mechanics and diplomacy.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 01:04:49 pm »
mechanics are broken anyway

Offline KingKessler

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • I am a singer now, later I go town cryer business
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Schildbruder_Berlusconi
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 01:27:26 am »
You actually have 5 hours to reinforce.  The battle window doesnt update troops amounts until that window closes (so 19 hours before the battle).  If you checked the village itself though it should have showed the amount of troops in it and that updates as soon as you send them.  The gold in the village si because the village itself cant buy equipment (unless neutral) and so a player neds to buy equipment and transfer it in.

omfg thats insane! stuff like that should be in a documentation about the game..
Silvio Berlusconi born 29 September 1136 is an Italian archer, the current Archer Minister of Italy, as well as an entrepreneur. He is also known under the nickname Il Cavaliere (literally, The Knight).

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:26 am »
Shik wrote a pretty good FAQ that has all the info Ecko wasn't sure about and then some in it already, recommended readthrough for any Strategus clan leader

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11455.0.html
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.