Author Topic: 60 sec spawn delay and abuse.  (Read 10581 times)

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
60 sec spawn delay and abuse.
« on: July 30, 2011, 06:51:51 pm »
+1
Many players do not visit Factions forum, so I will post it here too.
(original message http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12120.0.html)

This text (bellow) was translated with a help by one good man. Thx 'em.
"So, with the new spawn system defenders can easily rush the enemy's flag and a battle is done in 2 minutes. Exmaples: LLJK battle against Templars, LLJK battle against Shogunate, ATS battle against DFC. These 3 battle have been won by defenders using this exploit, without any chance for the attackers. It totally kills the fun of Strategus, makes the game unfair and boring. Hope you, devs, will fix it."

chadz, game admins, game developers, Strategus players.
It's just end of the game. It's just crazy.
Defenders evev DID NOT ANY CHANCE to attackers even TO START A BATTLE at all.

If something like this happend again - I am sure what abusers must be punished, all attackers loosed forces\tickets must be restored (battles rolled back).
This is really an ABUSE.
WTF, really?

Here is my try to solve this with an admin. He is really good man, he tried to help me, but....
He can't , cos of existing rules.
(click to show/hide)
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
Re: 60 sec spawn delay and abuse.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:54:20 pm »
The same win by exploit for the battle between Pecores and LLJK for Ayn Assuadi
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »
Many players do not visit Factions forum, so I will post it here too.
(original message http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12120.0.html)

This text (bellow) was translated with a help by one good man. Thx 'em.
"So, with the new spawn system defenders can easily rush the enemy's flag and a battle is done in 2 minutes. Exmaples: LLJK battle against Templars, LLJK battle against Shogunate, ATS battle against DFC. These 3 battle have been won by defenders using this exploit, without any chance for the attackers. It totally kills the fun of Strategus, makes the game unfair and boring. Hope you, devs, will fix it."

chadz, game admins, game developers, Strategus players.
It's just end of the game. It's just crazy.
Defenders evev DID NOT ANY CHANCE to attackers even TO START A BATTLE at all.

If something like this happend again - I am sure what abusers must be punished, all attackers loosed forces\tickets must be restored (battles rolled back).
This is really an ABUSE.
WTF, really?

Here is my try to solve this with an admin. He is really good man, he tried to help me, but....
He can't , cos of existing rules.
(click to show/hide)

Its been verified by chadz to be the intended way to be more skilled than your oponent. Basically if you want to win in strategus you only need 3 things

1.45-60 people to sign up to your battles
2. own a fief or play a defensive war
3.rush the attackers spawn every game and spam swings while tapping f repeatedly.

if you dont already own a fief, too fucking bad.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:58:28 pm »
The same win by exploit for the battle between Pecores and LLJK for Ayn Assuadi

And from the rest: All I've seen is a peasant mob trying to attack a well-trained and coordinated army - and getting repelled instantly. You can clearly see how one side is perfectly coordinated, while the other side was a bunch of farmers.

If you attack, it's up to you to be better than the defenders. Attacking is no longer a troop-comparison - you need tactics and commitment to pull off a successful attack.

Not an exploit broski. It's a stupid game mechanic that is working as intended. If we want it changed, the entire player base needs to be posting in the thread that's under the Suggestions forum.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »
I personally didnt spawn as attacker before our spawn was blocked, it was the same story for half our team...

We had 3 man on the ground when the first horse hit our spawn, seconds after that we kept being blocked so, their infantry could reach us and we lost the battle took less then 1min which is very depressing as player.

and we lost all our gear as attacker, which also dont make sense we should only loose the gear we used.

this is 2 big flaws which make strategus very depressing for its players.  :cry:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »
I personally didnt spawn as attacker before our spawn was blocked, it was the same story for half our team...

We had 3 man on the ground when the first horse hit our spawn, seconds after that we kept being blocked so, their infantry could reach us and we lost the battle took less then 1min which is very depressing as player.

and we lost all our gear as attacker, which also dont make sense we should only loose the gear we used.

this is 2 big flaws which make strategus very depressing for its players.  :cry:

3 men on the ground? you are lying your ass off. I personally saw your whole team spawned before our infantry even came over the hill into your line of sight.  And the video that someone made backs that up (look at the 1:50-2:00 minute mark and you see him bring up the scoreboard).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 08:19:58 pm »
3 men on the ground? you are lying your ass off. I personally saw your whole team spawned before our infantry even came over the hill into your line of sight.  And the video that someone made backs that up (look at the 1:50-2:00 minute mark and you see him bring up the scoreboard).

you realize hes a euro that lost to LLJK and not from dfc right? are you sure youre not just flat out being fucking ignorant? becuase im pretty sure you are at this point.

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »
you realize hes a euro that lost to LLJK and not from dfc right? are you sure youre not just flat out being fucking ignorant? becuase im pretty sure you are at this point.

DOLPHIN -> DOLPHIN FAN CLUB -> LLJK -> RAPED AND MURDERED MY FAMILY -> RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 08:23:04 pm »
The whole thing is stupid and no one should attack anyone till this gets fixed. If you attack right now you are a fucking lunatic.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 08:27:48 pm »

No, I'm just assuming he was talking about the battle last night.  I don't know every single person's name on the forums, nor do I really care.  You sound angry and are being irrational (as are most of the people posting).  Try not to let emotions get involved, take a rest and a breather and come back and see if you're still as pissed off.

You know me from outside of warband, I've always been a pretty rational and level headed guy who's opinion is respected in other communities.  The scoreboard in the video backs up what we are saying and refutes what your side is saying. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:29:53 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 08:35:29 pm »
look at the faction that says knights_templar ...

the dolphin fan club i have no idea whaat the fuck that is, i noticed it and laughed a bit that is all.

Edit: i have nothing to do with the faction "Dolphin_fan_club" if they adore me i dont mind.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:37:02 pm by Dolphin »

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 08:38:22 pm »
No, I'm just assuming he was talking about the battle last night.  I don't know every single person's name on the forums, nor do I really care.  You sound angry and are being irrational (as are most of the people posting).  Try not to let emotions get involved, take a rest and a breather and come back and see if you're still as pissed off.

You know me from outside of warband, I've always been a pretty rational and level headed guy who's opinion is respected in other communities.  The scoreboard in the video backs up what we are saying and refutes what your side is saying.

I'm angry and irrational becuase you lack common sense. People like you are literally going to be the downfall of humanity.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 08:40:19 pm »
I'm angry and irrational becuase you lack common sense. People like you are literally going to be the downfall of humanity.

I lack common sense because I'm applying my personal experiences in game and assuming that the same game mechanics apply to other battles?  We spawned in one at a time for 60 seconds, at the 60 second mark we all respawned on our spawn point.  A full minute later when we came into view of your infantry, you guys had everyone spawned in. 

Where am I lacking common sense?  Please, point it out for me.   If the 60 second "respawn" isn't the norm and was an admin manually doing, then yes, the system obviously needs to be fixed.  If that was an automatic respawn, then I don't see anything wrong with the system.

I'm going to be the downfall of humanity?  That's hilarious, I'm one of the more intelligent people you know, just another irrational comment by you.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:42:09 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:54:57 pm »
We spawned in one at a time for 60 seconds, at the 60 second mark we all respawned on our spawn point.  A full minute later when we came into view of your infantry, you guys had everyone spawned in. 

Why dont you stop copying the same text in every post you do? We already know thats your "personal experience" on that one battle. There have been several battles with different factions since then with a similar outcome.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 10:41:01 pm »
Nah I seen those battles and they are bad.

Last 1 minute and are supposed to be fun to play battles, doesn't look like it.