Author Topic: Open Field Battle  (Read 22072 times)

Offline Zotte

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Zotte, Craftybadger
  • IRC nick: Zotte
Re: Open Field Battle
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »
-- nvm

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2011, 06:18:55 pm »
look it's exactly what i was raging about on IRC yesterday! i don't see anybody calling these people dumb though??? it's like...i'm a prophet or something. i can see problems with the game before the community at large finds them. good lord.

also now that this shit has hurt the EU clans i'm sure it'll be changed, it's just a shame it has to happen to EU before anything is done.
FREE ALLERS

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »
Anyway - abusing a rules\abusing and\or game mechanics - it's illegal by default.
I am a little don't understand why it's not so clear for all?

Yes, it's beta test, yes, we found a bug\devs.mistake. Yes - it's definitely a bug\devs.mistake.
So anyone who use it is\are on the other side (out of the laws).

How to solve it? It's easy. Just to officially disallow to attack each other untill they fully (fully!) spawn at start (only at start).
And then all is ok. Is it too hard?
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2011, 07:49:53 pm »
Stop the ad hominem attacks and go ahead and actually try and defend what has happened in the last two weeks. LLJK was hacked and lost two armies, and now apparently it's possible to win a battle before one side even spawns. But, oh "LLJK LOL THOSE my old friendS", best argument you've got, I guess.

I think you're on crack good sir.  The attackers had basically as many people as the defenders when we attacked you guys across the open battle field.  It was a very small distance between us.  I was scouting your spawning, and when we did our first cavalry charge (right before the infantry hit you) you guys had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horsemen encircling your troops who were surrounding your spawn point.  You had at least 40 people in the mob before I ran through your ranks with my horseman. 

I honestly don't know what the problem is here.  So to quote a fine man:

/edit:  seriously stop bitching...dfc side had at least 40 people spawned...there was a massive blob of people unorganized huddle up, while the ats side was coordinated and attacking.  i only saw two naked people with large weapons on dfc side, most of them were equipped almost as well as our side.  You had fucking war horses...

//edit 2:  just watched the video you can clearly see when the guy hits tab for scoreboard that almost all of the dfc side had spawned in.  on a related note i got the first kill in battle :D  And to repeat about dfc's cav claims, you had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horses (that I saw).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:03:20 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2011, 08:02:24 pm »
blah blah blah

Two things.  First, don't reply to comments made 40 posts ago without reading the intervening stuff.  If you bothered to, you'd read that a good portion of our team was missing gear (a bug that we now have video evidence of), and that the spawning mechanic has been used multiple times since your battle to faceroll the attacking faction.
boop

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »
Two things.  First, don't reply to comments made 40 posts ago without reading the intervening stuff.  If you bothered to, you'd read that a good portion of our team was missing gear (a bug that we now have video evidence of), and that the spawning mechanic has been used multiple times since your battle to faceroll the attacking faction.

I was in the battle (hint, I was at the top of the scoreboard at the end), and I watched the video.  You had all your troops spawned, and I personally scouted, and ran through your whole ranks.  You only had a few people without armor, and they still had weapons (your claims about not having people spawned and with weapons, thrown out).  We also had a couple people who spawned without weapons.  You had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horses (cav claims get thrown out).  Us defenders spawned one at a time and after 60 seconds it respawned us all back on our spawn point.  We didn't engage you guys until 2 minutes into the battle, and if you look at the scoreboard of the video all of your people are basically spawned in before our infantry gets over the hill. 

You had all your troops in battle when the attack occurred, I was our scout and I personally witnessed your army massed up around your spawn point with your 7 or 8 cavalry circling your ground troops. 

And btw, I have read through the thread, you guys keep saying the same thing despite reality contradicting you (along with video evidence).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:07:19 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:50 pm »
I think you're on crack good sir.  The attackers had basically as many people as the defenders when we attacked you guys across the open battle field.  It was a very small distance between us.  I was scouting your spawning, and when we did our first cavalry charge (right before the infantry hit you) you guys had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horsemen encircling your troops who were surrounding your spawn point.  You had at least 40 people in the mob before I ran through your ranks with my horseman. 

I honestly don't know what the problem is here.  So to quote a fine man:

/edit:  seriously stop bitching...dfc side had at least 40 people spawned...there was a massive blob of people unorganized huddle up, while the ats side was coordinated and attacking.  i only saw two naked people with large weapons on dfc side, most of them were equipped almost as well as our side.  You had fucking war horses...

//edit 2:  just watched the video you can clearly see when the guy hits tab for scoreboard that almost all of the dfc side had spawned in.  on a related note i got the first kill in battle :D  And to repeat about dfc's cav claims, you had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horses (that I saw).

I don't even care that i've known you for years at this point, you're clearly fucking retarded for not understanding that if you're a defender and have enough money to equip 2-3 spawns worth of troops you cannot possible lose a village/open field battle. LLJK proved this earlier with their 3 battles, we had 0 organization and worse or roughly the same gear as the attackers and won all 3 battles within 5 mins of spawning. And we managed to confirm the equipment bugs as well during the course of these battles. Strat is a fucking joke right now theres more or less 0 chance to take a village unless the spawn point is miles from the town. Basically at this point if you down own a fief you're more or less fucked until the spawn mechanics get changed.

Most of this thread isn't even about the dfc battle anymore, its about the consecutive LLJK victories this morning that exposed the system to be a complete joke. and if you actually read the thread you would know that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:11:13 pm by Gumdrawp »

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »
crazycracka is my troll account, move along.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2011, 08:11:36 pm »
Apparently you didn't get the memo, but literally everyone now realizes that the spawn mechanics are fucked, including your entire alliance, and chadz. I could point you to any of the dozen threads on the forum about the subject but apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Xol!

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2011, 08:12:10 pm »
I was in the battle (hint, I was at the top of the scoreboard at the end), and I watched the video.  You had all your troops spawned, and I personally scouted, and ran through your whole ranks.  You only had a few people without armor, and they still had weapons (your claims about not having people spawned and with weapons, thrown out).  We also had a couple people who spawned without weapons.  You had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horses (cav claims get thrown out).  Us defenders spawned one at a time and after 60 seconds it respawned us all back on our spawn point.  We didn't engage you guys until 2 minutes into the battle, and if you look at the scoreboard of the video all of your people are basically spawned in before our infantry gets over the hill. 

You had all your troops in battle when the attack occurred, I was our scout and I personally witnessed your army massed up around your spawn point with your 7 or 8 cavalry circling your ground troops. 

And btw, I have read through the thread, you guys keep saying the same thing despite reality contradicting you (along with video evidence).

You seem to be mistakenly under the impression that anyone gives a flying fuck about the battle yesterday, other than exposing a bug and a broken gameplay mechanic.  Either your reading comprehension skills are shit, or you are being willfully stupid.  In either case, I'll summarize for you:

Attackers get screwed on spawn.  Defenders rush the attackers' flag and cap it really quickly.  There is also some sort of problem with equipment spawning.

ATS took advantage of the spawning system, which no on in their right might would expect them not to do.  LLJK has taken advantage of that same mechanic three times to win three consecutive battles this morning, after chadz insisted that the system was working as planned.  Meanwhile, video from these battles has also proved that the bug with equipment spawning indeed exists.

People are now claiming that the spawning system is not balanced and needs to be changed.  Don't bring up crap from yesterday that no one cares about.  Ecko himself agreed that the spawn system needs to be changed for the sake of the mod.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:14:40 pm by Xolvern »
boop

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2011, 08:16:02 pm »
You seem to be mistakenly under the impression that anyone gives a flying fuck about the battle yesterday, other than exposing a bug and a broken gameplay mechanic.  Either your reading comprehension skills are shit, or you are being willfully stupid.  In either case, I'll summarize for you:

Attackers get screwed on spawn.  Defenders rush the attackers' flag and cap it really quickly.  There is also some sort of problem with equipment spawning.

You had 100% of your people spawned in by the time we attacked you guys.  You were all milling around your spawn point with your cav circling your infantry/archers. 

ATS took advantage of the spawning system which no on in their right might would expect them not to do.  LLJK has taken advantage of that same mechanic three times to win three consecutive battles this morning, after chadz insisted that the system was working as planned.  Meanwhile, video from these battles has also proved that the bug with equipment spawning indeed exists.

I can't say anything about the bug, I can say I saw a few of your side naked with weapons.  We also had some people spawn without weapons.  I don't know if it was a bug or people just fucked up when they choose equipment (or there wasn't enough equipment).  I have no idea but that had no bearing on the battle (your 3 or 4 people without armor wasn't the deciding factor).

People are now claiming that the spawning system is not balanced and needs to be changed.  Don't bring up crap from yesterday that no one cares about.  Ecko himself agreed that the spawn system needs to be changed for the sake of the mod.

I'm not arguing whether the spawn system needs to be changed or not.  I'm arguing that the attackers had just as fair as a chance as the defenders.  You had all your people spawned in before you could even see our infantry over the hill.  If it was a larger battle map this point would be completely negated.  60 seconds in, our side respawned on our spawn point in one mass blob spawn.  It was a pretty much even battle as far as troop numbers and equipment goes. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xol!

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2011, 08:17:56 pm »
I'm not arguing whether the spawn system needs to be changed or not.  I'm arguing that the attackers had just as fair as a chance as the defenders. 

And this is the part that proves to everyone who will ever read this thread that you are absolutely and completely moronic.  Please take your stupidity somewhere else in case it's catching.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:20:08 pm by Xolvern »
boop

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2011, 08:23:02 pm »
Just let CrazyCracka hold onto his most honourable victory and most honourable top of the killboard, that is all he wants.  He is the best fighter, there is not disputing it.  ATS won through expert tactics and formations.  When I watched the video I felt like their general was literally channeling the spirit of Sun Tzu and Leonidas combined into one supreme god of war who could probably take on Ares and win.  Now that ATS has entered the desert conflict I'm done.  I'm done with it, let them have the sands.  There is no way to win against their unsurpassed might.  No way.  Everyone else should leave too while they've still got their butt.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2011, 08:23:57 pm »
And this is the part that proves to everyone who will ever read this thread that you are absolutely and completely moronic.  Please take your stupidity somewhere else in case it's catching.

No, you guys are bitching and complaining that you were beaten because it was "unfair" playing conditions.  You had every single opportunity that we did.  You bitched and complained about specific points.  I destroyed your points.  Now you resort to talking shit.  Good argumentative skills you have there.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xol!

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2011, 08:24:54 pm »
No, you guys are bitching and complaining that you were beaten because it was "unfair" playing conditions.  You had every single opportunity that we did.

And now they also know you're trolling.
boop