Author Topic: Faster Game Speed  (Read 20841 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Faster Game Speed
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »
It takes an average of only a few seconds for me to kill my opponent in melee on the battlefield, or be killed... I don't see this as needing to be faster. Rare are any fights that last longer then ten seconds.

^
This.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2011, 08:47:30 pm »
It takes an average of only a few seconds for me to kill my opponent in melee on the battlefield, or be killed... I don't see this as needing to be faster. Rare are any fights that last longer then ten seconds.

try EU servers sometime.  :rolleyes:

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2011, 08:48:17 pm »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2011, 09:36:12 pm »
try EU servers sometime.  :rolleyes:

About 25% of my playing time is on EU_1 or EU_2 or EU_4 due to running with friends over there or with the Fallen. I suppose I am missing all of the good long fights then. *shrugs* Maybe it is due to the hours I play as I can only play evenings/late-night/early-mornings times for the EU timezones due to where I live.

Since you play there all the time and presumably during normal hours, I will take your word on this.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:08 pm »
If we want this mod to grow, I suggest we keep the speed on medium. This game already has a steep learning curve as it is. New players have more of a chance of rage quitting permanently, if we speed up the game.  I think it is best to keep the speed where it is for the longevity and  "lastabilty"  of the mod. For those who think fights last to long, learn some more complex feinting.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2011, 11:22:06 am »
...hmm, I've changed my mind slightly, while I'm still not into raising gamespeed, wpf could use some tweaking I agree.

Athletics buff aswell?

Or just a plain, across-the-board weapon-speed buff? (tho I would prefer wpf boost, agi needs something)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:24:04 am by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2011, 04:01:48 pm »
Any increase to melee speed will be in favor for those who have better pings. A lot of good melee players also have a good ping (under 50).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:11:49 pm by Vibe »

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2011, 06:09:15 pm »
Any increase to melee speed will be in favor for those who have better pings. A lot of good melee players also have a good ping (under 50).

whats the difference between speeding up the game and increasing weapon speed? either way both will depend on ping.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Troy_Black

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • To live free is to live a lion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2011, 06:21:26 pm »
Game is fast already. Give an old man a break, my reflexes are not what they used to be. :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2011, 09:47:48 am »
whats the difference between speeding up the game and increasing weapon speed? either way both will depend on ping.

Well, this was my point really, there is no difference. Any speed change will result in battles being more ping dependant.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2011, 10:12:47 am »
I think if anything gets sped up, it should be the bonus speed from athletics.  AGI needs SOMETHING decent to balance against the STR stat.  High AGI/ATH characters really should have faster footwork as their defense rather than the HP you get as a str build.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:20 pm »
I think if anything gets sped up, it should be the bonus speed from athletics.  AGI needs SOMETHING decent to balance against the STR stat.  High AGI/ATH characters really should have faster footwork as their defense rather than the HP you get as a str build.

yes. athletics should be buffed and heavier armors should then weight more to balance the changes. buffing athletics without making plate heavier, will only make plate/transitionals 18/21 builds too much fast running.

EDIT:

and by the way, im a balanced 21/18 so i'm speaking against me.  :?

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2011, 01:35:27 pm »
People with 80+ ping should perhaps consider if they're playing the right game. A twitch-based game where 'skill' equals your reacation time. :rolleyes:
i played the old crpg with 130-150 ping for months and killed many many ppl....Was hard but its not that bad :)
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:55 pm »
Very wrong, speeding the game will speed up everything, so worse hit detection, more spamming etc etc and will make ppl with high pings dont have a chance. WPF actually helps to high pingers, since in the end,  more wpf feels exactly like lower ping (when attacking, that is)... That is why i actually played the old crpg with high agi to compensate my ping, and while i needed  2 or 3 hits more it was worth and could kill anyone having 130 ping.....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:20 pm »
I get enough outspammed because of my shitty connection already. I, for one, don't want it to be faster.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.