Author Topic: Any way to see how many hours you have spent playing?  (Read 914 times)

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
Any way to see how many hours you have spent playing?
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:41:40 pm »
+3
Hello,

Is there any way to see how many hours you have spent on this game?

Except for:
Steam.
Your granny keeping time.

Personally I want to see how many hours I've wasted feeling miserable and lost instead of going outside.

With many hugs and kisses,
Yours truly,

Lekis
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: Any way to see how many hours you have spent playing?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:11:33 pm »
+1
i used the admin panel to access your character data and estimated your play time based on a few simplifying assumptions. i can post the result publicly or via PM, as you wish.

i won't calculate it for others because i have better things to do with my life, but i can post a short guide on how to estimate your playtime. you don't need to be admin to estimate your own playtime, but you need to be admin (or ask) to estimate the playtime of others.

let me know which one you want.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »
i used the admin panel to access your character data and estimated your play time based on a few simplifying assumptions. i can post the result publicly or via PM, as you wish.

i won't calculate it for others because i have better things to do with my life, but i can post a short guide on how to estimate your playtime. you don't need to be admin to estimate your own playtime, but you need to be admin (or ask) to estimate the playtime of others.

Oh, nice!
I would like it in a PM, too ashamed of the result, probably.
Can you see the STFstats aswell? Had 1 year when I only played STF more or less.

Thanks a bunch!

Kisses for you,
Lekis
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 01:18:11 pm »

post short guide please :) i m curious as well

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »
+1
here is how you do the math:
  • for gen 1 till 16, first multiply 16 with 8700000, then divide by AvgM, then divide by AvgE, then divide by 1325, then divide by 60 to get the play time in hours
  • after gen 16, multiply your number of gens over 16 by 8700000, then divide by AvgM, then divide by AvgE, then divide by 1450, then divide by 60 to get the play time in hours
  • for the current gen, check your character's exp, divide by AvgM, divide by AvgE, divide by 1450, then divide by 60 to get the play time in hours
  • add the three above results together and you're done

AvgM is the average multiplier; I take 2.12 which is the value suggested by WaltF4 in one of his older posts, but take something else if you think you are better/worse than average.
AvgE is the average event experience multiplier which takes into account how much you played under double and triple exp compared to single exp. I take 1.5 because I played half the time on single exp, almost half the time on double exp and the rest on triple exp.

if you never reached gen 16 obviously don't calculate with 1450 or 1325 but whatever the current exp/tick on x1 is
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 01:30:14 pm »
simplifying assumptions used above:
  • you never played with your STF
  • you never lost exp due to respecs
  • you always retired at level 31 respectively 35, but not later
  • you didn't play strat extensively at totally astronomical exp rates
  • you didn't delete any characters that gained exp
  • we use 8700000, the minimum retirement threshold in the old system, not the ~8000000 of the new system. if you retired a lot during the new system it is probably still a good idea to use 8700000 because it eliminates a bit of the rounding error from the assumptions above

obviously at least one of the simplifying assumptions does not hold for everyone, so the real result will be higher than what you estimate
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:43:08 pm by Rico »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »
and + strategus battles and respecs
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.