Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67591 times)

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:31 pm »
Nerf horse archers (add it to the poll aswell)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2011, 12:27:00 pm »
1h should not get more speed, they are freaking fast, even with 1 wpf. How can you seorusly say they need a buff?

And for god sake, stop putting 2h and polearm in the same group. They arent the same, at all!. Polearms is kinda op atm. But 2h swords suffered alot because of recent patch nerfs, polearm didnt.

exactly. and should be the other way around as polearms gives you:

- LOT more versatility
- Stun
- side swings with better reach
- very few UNBALANCED weapons
- a single weapon class for CAVALRY and INFANTRY

while twohanded weapons are merely INFANTRY weapons and they should be like they was before. now 2handed round up is:

- twohanded weapons DONT stun
- only blockcrushing weapons are MALLET and GREAT MAUL (we had morningstars, barmaces, iron maces, mallets, great mauls..)
- thrust damage is the lowest compared to 1handed weapons and polearms
- shieldbreakers are all UNBALANCED and SHORT.
- only good slashers are CLAYMORE, FLAMBERGE and maybe MIAODAO
- best thrust sword is the german with a laughly 26 pierce.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2011, 01:12:16 pm »
Phyrex: Two-handers have a harder animation to block. That's about it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2011, 01:13:45 pm »

This is flat out wrong.

2h
Overhead = +15
Left-to-right = +17
Right-to-left = +13
Thrust = +80 Not +80 anymore, but still incredibly long.

2h Polearms
Overhead = -15
Left-to-right = -7
Right-to-left = -2
Thrust = +19

From: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118906.msg2872758.html#msg2872758

Superior speed and reach? not rly, seen polearms speed and lenght? Tested against a polearm btw, with my danish greatsword. It had more range with swings, even when i did stab.

Yes. I use a 141 reach poleaxe, and I get outranged by standard 120 range 2H thrusts. "Tested against a polearm" is vague and does little to support your argument. Were you testing against a glaive, with 160 reach? Of course you shouldn't outrange that. Although you would probably get the first hit in with a thrust anyway, in real combat.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:20:19 pm by Rhaelys »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2011, 02:08:32 pm »
This is flat out wrong.

2h
Overhead = +15
Left-to-right = +17
Right-to-left = +13
Thrust = +80 Not +80 anymore, but still incredibly long.

2h Polearms
Overhead = -15
Left-to-right = -7
Right-to-left = -2
Thrust = +19

From: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118906.msg2872758.html#msg2872758

Yes. I use a 141 reach poleaxe, and I get outranged by standard 120 range 2H thrusts. "Tested against a polearm" is vague and does little to support your argument. Were you testing against a glaive, with 160 reach? Of course you shouldn't outrange that. Although you would probably get the first hit in with a thrust anyway, in real combat.

well fought several GLA polearms. they outreach my highland claymore. maybe i'm wrong  :rolleyes:

poleaxe length                             141
long hafted blade length               153
long hafted knobbed mace length  133

also polearm can opener:

Bec de Corbin
weapon length: 120
weight: 2.8
difficulty: 15
speed rating: 93
weapon length: 120
thrust damage: 26 pierce
swing damage: 36 pierce
slots: 2

1handed can opener:

Steel Pick
weapon length: 64
weight: 2.3
difficulty: 12
speed rating: 99
weapon length: 64
thrust damage: 0 pierce
swing damage: 33 pierce
slots: 1

twohanded can opener:

Morningstar
weapon length: 82
weight: 3.8
difficulty: 14
speed rating: 92
weapon length: 82
thrust damage: 0 pierce
swing damage: 38 pierce
slots: 2
Unbalanced
Bonus against Shield
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:10:30 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2011, 03:24:30 pm »
I put nerf cav -- but only one thing very specific.
Cav needs maneuverability lowered, but something else like HP should be increased in exchange for cav. or lower prices. Not a nerf, but a slight reworking.
But really, the game is well balanced right now and I love it. well done.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2011, 04:27:02 pm »
I'd rather just buff the weak things.

Buff throwing
Balance Armor

Whatever's weak, buff to the level of 2h/cavalry/etc.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »
Get rid of 1 slot 2h or add more...
you don't have to read anything after that, that is the only thing I wanted to get across.

The archer weapon (langes messer) is running rampant , and it's a forced style of play on most 2h archers who don't want to negatively effect their archery skills whilst still using a 2h.
Either make more bastard weapons 1 slot or remove all 1 slot 2h, its not balanced and it doesn't make any sense to my reptilian brain xD

Do it for my character, Bow Samurai, who now runs around with 2 bags of bodkins, a strong bow, and a 2h.. a Langes Messer.. The most samurai weapon ever. Force his lazy ass to use a wakizashi, or give him more choices for 1 slot 2h.. Coz right now, there is no way I'd sacrifice a bag of arrows to use a katana over the langes messer.. xD & to top it all off, the langes messer IMO is a better weapon stats wise, you have an actual stab that hurts, more cut dmg than a bastard sword about the same length as a katana & just about the same speed as well.

Think about it this way, Bow Samurai would rather use a langes messer over a wakizashi simply because there is no negatives that could come from that choice, infact, only positives.

Totally unrelated, make the wakizashi 0 slots, maybe cost a little more, I want to be able to wear my 3 swords again. :C I miss it.
& maybe 0 slot wakizashi would be a choice over 1 slot 2h the langes messer.

Just my 2 cents, but this slot system is screwy and not doing it's job really other than stopping ladder spam on siege..
Only thing I think is a good idea about the slots thing is having to drop unsheathable weapons on the ground to switch weapons & 3 slots on a siege ladder to stop epic ladder spam wins on the Siege server, mostly though if you want to beat the slot system and still use a 2h.. Use a langes messer xD         Longbow(2), Bodkins(1), Langes Messer (1) or Arbalest(2), steel bolts (1), langes messer (1)

in conclusion, either more 1 slot 2h, or none at all please.
Atm the only 2hwep I see most 2h archers/xbow using is the langes messer, and it's kinda obvious why.

just my opinion, but 2h archers now have a forced style of play if they don't want to sacrifice arrows for no real benefit... Katana(2) warbow (2) .... or Warbow (2) Bodkin (1) Langes Messer (1)

/end wall of text about nothing
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:14:20 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »
Apparently 1h needed a nerf, who was complaining???
Just a soldier

Offline Waylit

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: chinaserf1
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »
I picked "Buff Xbow" and "Buff Archer" but I want to clarify that I don't think that any of the weapons combat stats need to change at all except for the slots.  Either the heavier Xbows/Bows should be dropped a slot, or the ammo for them should be dropped to 0 slots.  Ideally, I think that Xbow + 1h weap + 2slot shield should be possible.  They existed, were called pavisier, and were a significant part of the medieval battlefield.  It makes the most sense to me to make the bag of (now less quantity, too!) bolts that hangs on your hip could be 0 slots.  Or Bolts could be 0 and Steel Bolts 1 slot.  I understand that you want to limit the heavy armor + 2h + heavy xbow classes, but if you can carry two polearms, one in hands, one on back, I do not see why you can't do that same config with an Xbow and 2h, just with a little pack of bolts on your belt as well. 

There should be a penalty for carrying a lot of stuff, I just thing that it should have to do with weight instead of limiting how much stuff the guy can carry beyond M&Bs 4 item slots.  Perhaps to penalize the people carrying multiple weapons, there could be a minus to attack skills based on the extra weight of extra weapons.  So the dude with the 2h and Xbow swings slower because of that damned thing hanging on his back, and the bolts on his belt.  He can still choose to lug them around, but until he ditches them, he will be a less effective soldier.

EDIT: Also, any 2h that can also be used as a 1h should now be 1 slot.  The "fits on belt" rule.  Then that leaves all the big massive ones as 2 slot, and that makes sense to me.

Totally unrelated, make the wakizashi 0 slots, maybe cost a little more, I want to be able to wear my 3 swords again. :C I miss it.
& maybe 0 slot wakizashi would be a choice over 1 slot 2h the langes messer.

Wasn't that the main Samurai loadout?  Nodachi, Katana, and Wakizashi?  So if humans in real life carried something, but you can't in a video game, that seems backwards. 

In general, I like the weapon damages as is.  If anything, as a pike man, I think the Pike needs to go back to 280, because 300 seems a bit buggy.  I like the unsheathables (I'm having fun dropping my pike and picking it back up when needed heh, makes for more realistic and interesting gameplay).  It's just that the slot system seems too limiting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:57:28 pm by Waylit »

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2011, 06:42:39 pm »
I know this poll is limited, it's just intended to give us a general idea.
To give you a helping hand in answering the topics, ask yourself this question:
buff <item class> - would I like the fact that every item in that class would get it's stats increased by 5%.
nerf <item class> - would I like the fact that every item in that class would get it's stats decreased by 5%.

that should give you a good idea about what to tick and what not.

your all saying buff this and that but dont change its stats..why the hell say buff it then?? most of you are whining about my 2h sword takes 2 slots waaaaah i cant carry other crap i wont use waah his weapon takes 1 slot why doesnt mine waah...ffs chadz says if you want a buff it will give a 5% stat  increase so stop talking about weapon slots going off topic
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:43:56 pm by Hunter_the_Honourable »
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:27 pm »
I picked "Buff Xbow" and "Buff Archer" but I want to clarify that I don't think that any of the weapons combat stats need to change at all except for the slots.  Either the heavier Xbows/Bows should be dropped a slot, or the ammo for them should be dropped to 0 slots.  Ideally, I think that Xbow + 1h weap + 2slot shield should be possible.  They existed, were called pavisier, and were a significant part of the medieval battlefield.  It makes the most sense to me to make the bag of (now less quantity, too!) bolts that hangs on your hip could be 0 slots.  Or Bolts could be 0 and Steel Bolts 1 slot.  I understand that you want to limit the heavy armor + 2h + heavy xbow classes, but if you can carry two polearms, one in hands, one on back, I do not see why you can't do that same config with an Xbow and 2h, just with a little pack of bolts on your belt as well. 

There should be a penalty for carrying a lot of stuff, I just thing that it should have to do with weight instead of limiting how much stuff the guy can carry beyond M&Bs 4 item slots.  Perhaps to penalize the people carrying multiple weapons, there could be a minus to attack skills based on the extra weight of extra weapons.  So the dude with the 2h and Xbow swings slower because of that damned thing hanging on his back, and the bolts on his belt.  He can still choose to lug them around, but until he ditches them, he will be a less effective soldier.

EDIT: Also, any 2h that can also be used as a 1h should now be 1 slot.  The "fits on belt" rule.  Then that leaves all the big massive ones as 2 slot, and that makes sense to me.

Wasn't that the main Samurai loadout?  Nodachi, Katana, and Wakizashi?  So if humans in real life carried something, but you can't in a video game, that seems backwards. 

In general, I like the weapon damages as is.  If anything, as a pike man, I think the Pike needs to go back to 280, because 300 seems a bit buggy.  I like the unsheathables (I'm having fun dropping my pike and picking it back up when needed heh, makes for more realistic and interesting gameplay).  It's just that the slot system seems too limiting.

Only solution i could see for 0 slot bolts are bad bolts with low amount of bolts in bag. Like 5-10 bad bolts.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »
Gawd I need to stop reading forums.
Pock gobblers

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:36 pm »
Buff agility, the benefits that agility points give you arent as good as strength benefits. The amount of high str builds running around now is ridiculous, strength is the way to go, agi should be buffed or str should be nerfed to allow a greater variety of effective builds.

The balance between weapon classes is great nowadays, so I voted for keep everything as it is.

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2011, 05:23:13 am »
Let me fix this for you, (slashed the things that are total bullshit, and put my comments in italics), I also added a few things.

POLEARMS
- LOT more versatility 2h weapons can stop a horse about as good as polearms, crush blocks and be good at 1 on 1, the one thing they're missing is full support weapons.
- Stun
- very few UNBALANCED weapons
- a single weapon class for CAVALRY and INFANTRY

while twohanded weapons are merely INFANTRY weapons and they should be like they was before. now 2handed round up is:

- twohanded weapons DONT stun
- only blockcrushing weapons are MALLET and GREAT MAUL (we had morningstars, barmaces, iron maces, mallets, great mauls..) This one is just laughable, they have 2 of the 3 block crushing weapons in the game, and you say "only"?
- thrust damage is the lowest compared to 1handed weapons and polearms As it should be, try immitating the animation and see how awkward it is. you're also neglecting the fact that the new 2h thrust animation is almost instant.
- shieldbreakers are all UNBALANCED and SHORT. I'd consider any weapon with 40+ damage to be a shield breaker.
 - only good slashers are CLAYMORE, FLAMBERGE and maybe MIAODAO I loled.
- best thrust sword is the german with a laughly 26 pierce. 26 is still better than a lot of polearms and 1h weapons, again, they shouldn't be the best thrusting weapon.
- Biased animations that give them more speed and range than what the item stats say.
- Animations that allow long weapons to be effective while face hugging (polearms also have this problem). Really? why should a 5 foot long sword be a better close range weapon than a 1h mace?

If you can't tell, I voted to "nerf" 2h weapons, though I wouldn't call what I want a nerf. What I want is an animation fix.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:33:53 am by chief »