Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67590 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:09 am »
1.) Buff Horses

Anything below a destrier is practically worthless, save the courser for its exceptional speed. anything above that is far to expensive, and slow as hell, which amounts to death in any battle server.

a.) reduce cost
b.) increase armor
c.) increase health.

choose one or do all three, any of the options would remedy the situation

2.) Buff 2h swords

quite simply, compared to sword and board and polearms, this weapon is weak. its slower and shorter than polearms, and with it you can only defend or attack; not both at the same time, unlike the shield users. what really makes the 2h weapon unique? nothing, thats what.

a.) add 3 speed to all weapons
b.) add 2 damage to all weapons
c.) reduce price by 15%

choose one or do all three, any of these options would make it better.

3.) Nerf polearms

polearms are a very touchy subject because there are many different types; they are very versatile. the concept of the 2h weapon is that one is better than 2. the concept of the polearms is the bigger the better. gamewise, this plays out as the 2h sword being outranged, outdamaged, and most of the time outspeeded. oh yeah, and if you get hit by it, you're stunned.

a.) remove stun animation, which sucks ass anyway, and is VERY disorienting.
b.) slow weapons down by 2 speed
c.) Nerf iron staff; its VERY OP at the moment, being able to one shot my palfrey with a STAB, and if that doesnt do it, its so fast they can swing again.

add

c.) lances can be swung left to right, heavy lance is 75 speed.
d.) add 3 pierce to all thrust attacks.

4.) Nerf Shield

As it stands, shields are VERY strong. TOO STRONG. a buckler can take a dozen arrows with its invisible ghost reach, and a huscarl shield is nigh destructible.

i propose that all shields be reduced by 100 points for high tier, 50 points for mid tier, and 25 points for low tier, OR that shield resistance be reduced drastically.

i say this as a sword and board fan, that also does 2h; SHIELDS ARE OP.

and that is why i voted those.

oh my god... please ignore everything this man said. please.

1. cav already rapes lots of face... if you have trouble doing well with cav, you are doing it wrong.

2. 2h sword is the best wep class in the game for 1v1 fighting. polestun is all well and scary but go to a duel server and see what all the top duelists use... 2handers. mostly longswords. 2h is plenty strong as is.

3. pole stun... well i dont really care if its there or not. other than that... poles are good where they are. they have a ton of versatility but are best as teamwork/support weapons, whether poking from behind an ally or killing horses or breaking shields... they are not superior to 2h in 1v1 combat, though they hold their own.

as for your lance changes... no... lances do not need to swing left and right... its already pretty generous that you can even use them off horseback... theres a reason they are a cav only wep. p.s. they do plenty of damage as is.

4. shields are nerfed enough already. i got the benefits of my heirlooms cut in half after i reassigned 3 of my points into heirlooming a shield with the respec. i understand that you dont like shields that dont break in one hit, but deal with it. shields are an excellent teamwork piece of equipment, they cover against ranged weapons, and they allow the user to block multiple enemies at once. p.s. if you are upset that you cant break them fast enough, get an axe... shields are easy to counter unless you are a dedicated archer/xbow. polearms, 2h and 1h all have shield breaker weapons. the same logic leads people to using blunt/pierce weapons to hurt tin cans. you wont see me screaming that we should make all armour give 25% less armour and cost more; instead i bring a pick to the field as my back up weapon.

p.s. you are clearly NOT a sword and board fan.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2011, 04:56:38 pm »
I agree that the nerf to the HL giving it 65 speed seems to of not had an effect on its power (I am a cav) so it can still 1 hit me when not even going at full speed, lower the maneuverability on the Arabian Warhorse. if you think why well then just go watch Tommy zig-zag in and out of every one,  make last second turns when just in font of a wall of something and make the turn easy. that horse is the main horse I see used now its stupid needs to be nerfed. Don't think the shields need a nerf from what I have heard and seen that are as weak as ever, Horses don't need a buff that is a lie personally their fine as they are apart from the Arabian Warhorse as I mentioned above. 2h need a buff since all their weapons with bonus against shield are unbalanced and slow as hell very unfair when you compare to polearms who have a majority or bonus against shield weapons that are fast, long, and powerful so 2h needs a buff or at the very least a fix on the so many unbalanced weapons. I don't think the prices should be lowered by 15%  if they are going to be lowered it should only be but 1K 2 at most since the new prices I see less people running around with Flamberge's and other weapons like that. apart from that every thing seems to be fine I think personally. ooh and DTV needs some sort of fix the peasants on there are sooo OP they can take a hit from and GLA and 9PS its silly when their only in shirts and crappy clothes and the little hatchets that actually damage people in heavy armor is just past stupid so that needs a fix in my eyes.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2011, 09:58:09 pm »
2hand is fast as hell! nerf 2 hand speed to sub 90!

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2011, 11:22:17 pm »
2hand is fast as hell! nerf 2 hand speed to sub 90!

and 1 handers are not? O_o
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2011, 01:48:18 am »
and 1 handers are not? O_o

Where did he say they weren't? 1 handers are supposed to be faster.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2011, 01:43:39 pm »
are you freaking talking about 2h´s being op ? clearly you know nothing, prob just some haters.

Have you seen how many people which left 2h swords ? there is a reason for that ? god sake

And Polearm is superior to 2h:
Better reach
better dmg
not getting stunned when you stab
having a sick polearm stun
and they are same speed, or faster. (And its a polearm, its not supose to be as fast as a 2h, specialy not with these stats.)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »
Yeah something should be done.Give +10 speed to all 2h swords,also +15 damage.And thrust should always kill with one hit.All players with 2h sword  should have mental shield that will protect them from ranged.I know,thats not enough and 2h swords will be useless anyway,but 2h users are the most skilled players in crpg,I think they will like such challenge.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2011, 02:25:27 pm »
are you freaking talking about 2h´s being op ? clearly you know nothing, prob just some haters.

Have you seen how many people which left 2h swords ? there is a reason for that ? god sake

And Polearm is superior to 2h:
Better reach
better dmg
having a sick polearm stun
and they are same speed, or faster. (And its a polearm, its not supose to be as fast as a 2h, specialy not with these stats.)

You forgot the horse stopping thrust, majority of the polearms have shieldbreaking, two kinds of stun - weapon stun and hit stun, versatility by having cav equipment and support equipment such as pikes which you can also spam over and behind friendlies on enemies and also spinthrust around friendlies on enemies.

"All the top players are using 2-h Swords, it must be OP! Nerf!" - It's not true, there are alot of good players with other weapons. These very same "top players" would rape you over and over again, regardless of what kind of weapon they use. Why? Because they are far better and more skilled then you. Simple as that. The majority of people I win against when I use a big sword will still lose to me even if I would switch to a stick.

As for why people take certain weapons over other weapons I cannot say, I can only speak for myself. I've used and trained with great swords since late native beta and that's what I'm good at. I also love two-handed swords and litterly get a boner when using one. Also, it's a matter of personal taste, big swords are for Lords and Knights, spears and polearms are for poor peasants and commoners.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2011, 03:52:25 pm »
Yeah something should be done.Give +10 speed to all 2h swords,also +15 damage.And thrust should always kill with one hit.All players with 2h sword  should have mental shield that will protect them from ranged.I know,thats not enough and 2h swords will be useless anyway,but 2h users are the most skilled players in crpg,I think they will like such challenge.

:)

I also think 2h swords are best still, at least it's what I get most kills with. I don't do as good with pole, and much worse with anything else. Sure, pole has the stun, but 2h bounces less in tight situations.

However, I think if thrown, shields and armor were buffed, the playing field would level out.

Thrown weapons were simply overnerfed. Buff them a little, so that they are about in the middle of where they were before and where they are now.

There is still not enough variation in shields. Buff some of the currently subpar shields, so that we see more shield variation on the battlefield. Also buff shield heirlooming a little.

The problem with current armor is that glances are dependent on potential damage. This is a flaw in the model, as effectiveness against armor does not directly correlate with effectiveness against the human body. A cutting weapon like a sword should bounce off plate armor more frequently than a hammer or an axe. Additionally, I think that high level armor is not effective enough. A full plate set costs more than twice as much as a full mail set, but allows the user to take only 1 hit more, if at all, while severely reducing WPF.

In general, I think the game suffers a bit from the quick leveling. Some weapons are almost obsolete, as you use them maybe for 1h before you move on to a better one. A (not necessarily good) idea to change that might be to calculate a character potential based on equipment cost, then introduce exp bonus for kills and scale it using the character potential of both the victim and the killer. This would result in getting more exp when using cheap weapons.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:58:53 pm by zagibu »
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:22 pm »
The problem is in upkeep, its toooo low.I can have danish greatsword(one of the mightiest weapon imo) and 50 armor, but I will still earn money. No one cares about long axe or bastard sword, you can have great long axe or danish great sword. And if the most of infantry had like 35 armor instead of 50, the balance would change completely.

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2011, 04:31:52 pm »
check again, those long Polearms speed are 87-90 now. Those 99/98 long swords/Bastard swords are lighting fast.

lastly, these long polearms' weapon length don't translate to long reach of 2 hand animation.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:34:46 pm by AgentQ »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2011, 04:42:29 pm »

Wrong. Both can be stunned when stabbing blocks.

Poles are a tiny bit slower, rather than faster, compared to 2H of the same tier.

I'm not arguing for the sake of nerfing 2Hs or buffing polearms though. I just corrected what you said. I have an alt for both, and I find them fine as it is. 2H are faster and harder to block for the opponent, good for small battles and dueling, while the polearms are tougher (longer and more damaging), and a bit more suited to large battles.

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »
inb4 2h buff
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2011, 05:56:24 pm »
"All the top players are using 2-h Swords, it must be OP! Nerf!" - It's not true, there are alot of good players with other weapons. These very same "top players" would rape you over and over again, regardless of what kind of weapon they use. Why? Because they are far better and more skilled then you. Simple as that. The majority of people I win against when I use a big sword will still lose to me even if I would switch to a stick.

Phyrex you have an ability to make memorable quotes. This is even more true than the best of us mediocre players would like to think!
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »
Wrong. Both can be stunned when stabbing blocks.

Yah, but the duration on the stun is longer on the 2hs. Which is lame since the 2h is the light and fast weapons compared to the heavy, hardhitting and long reach polearms

Poles are a tiny bit slower, rather than faster, compared to 2H of the same tier.

Actually they are same speed, some of em. And that should only happen, with a few small polearms, but its happening with some of the big polearms too. And have you seen all the advantages, they have compared to 2hs ? scroll up and look.

Like this:
Elegant Poleaxe
weapon length: 132
speed rating: 92

And as darkfox said, one of the best 2h's out there danish:
Danish Greatsword
weapon length: 124
speed rating: 92