Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67598 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2011, 03:35:42 am »
-Buff Horses - Horse head shot is not neceseary i think. Also cheap horses like Rouncey or Courser can be easily killed with one shot (not headshot) from a crossbow - its not fair. I think also that heavily armored horses are a little too slow. It's like riding a tortoise.

Like Bulzur said. More health/armor only if the speed/maneuver gets nerfed.

-Buff armor - Heavy armor is usseles. It gives too little protection. I can get killed wearing millanese plate with one fucking thrust from 2h (when i am mounted). Its not fair because sometimes i need to hit people more than once with MW heavy lance riding at full speed. Heavy cavalry in most cases is usseles too, because heavy armor does not give any advantage.
I like its expensive but not worth the effort to use it.

Heavy whorses is decent when used right. Especially good for 1H cav imo. Also, saying heavy armor is useless shows a clear lack of knowledge. Go off your horse, stand still and get a 2H stab into you. No chance of killing you in one-hit with that armor. It's because of the speed bonus from whorses. You've probably been riding towards him, while he's been moving towards you as well. MASSIVE speed bonus. Speed bonus will help you, but also cripple you sometimes, I.E. fair. Don't buff armor.

-Nerf Twohanders - I can be killed with one thrust, as i said above, and sometimes (maybe it is illusion caused by ping, I dont know) outranged by 2h thrust if i have Heavy Lance.

They don't outrange lances, and they've already been nerfed enough damage-wise. Don't mix cav speed bonus with 2H damage.

And one more. Why my horse stops being hit from the side?! I understood in the chest but not in the stomach or ass...

They don't. Only hits in a certain radius around the horse's face will make it rear, and the hit must come somewhat from the front of the horse's direction. Also, only polearm hits makes the horse rear.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:36:45 am by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Sir_Mateusz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2011, 04:04:55 am »
Heavy whorses is decent when used right. Especially good for 1H cav imo. Also, saying heavy armor is useless shows a clear lack of knowledge. Go off your horse, stand still and get a 2H stab into you. No chance of killing you in one-hit with that armor. It's because of the speed bonus from whorses. You've probably been riding towards him, while he's been moving towards you as well. MASSIVE speed bonus. Speed bonus will help you, but also cripple you sometimes, I.E. fair. Don't buff armor.
Yes i was riding almost towards him, but still one strike... its too easy i think. Belive me sometimes i need more than one good HLance thrust to kill some guys (7ps).

But still i think heavy armor is not worth its price.
1h cav uses HArmor because think they are closer to enemies but they dont need this armor same as lancers. Oh and when i said about heavy cavalry i ment lancers too.
Only diference as I notice is bow makes less dmg vs HArmor - its good, but still 2 xbow shots (1 headshot) and you are dead knight with shiny armor worth a lot of gold, its same as pesant or light armored guy with gear worth ~300g. (worth i mean upkeep cost)

This is only my opinion and I know as cavalryman i am not objective :)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2011, 04:09:27 am »
Yes i was riding almost towards him, but still one strike... its too easy i think. Belive me sometimes i need more than one good HLance thrust to kill some guys (7ps)

Dude... Get off your ez mode horse and play some 2h and you'll see how "easy" it is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2011, 04:11:13 am »
Yes i was riding almost towards him, but still one strike... its too easy i think. Belive me sometimes i need more than one good HLance thrust to kill some guys (7ps).

But still i think heavy armor is not worth its price.
1h cav uses HArmor because think they are closer to enemies but they dont need this armor same as lancers. Oh and when i said about heavy cavalry i ment lancers too.
Only diference as I notice is bow makes less dmg vs HArmor - its good, but still 2 xbow shots (1 headshot) and you are dead knight with shiny armor worth a lot of gold, its same as pesant or light armored guy with gear worth ~300g. (worth i mean upkeep cost)

This is only my opinion and I know as cavalryman i am not objective :)

I have a lancer too. I'm more of a coucher than a stabber, but the stabs deal massive damage. You're right on one point though, stabs doesn't one-hit kill all the time, which is good a good thing. They should be able to do it from time to time, but shouldn't do it each time. What xbow are you talking of btw? Arbalest should be able to two-shoot people in high-tier armor, because of their reloading time.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:33:45 am by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Sir_Mateusz

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2011, 04:46:12 am »
What xbow are you talking of btw? Arbalest should be able to two-shoot people in high-tier armor, because of their reloading time.
I dont know what xbow hits me i dont have much time to ask this bloody bastards ;)
If it was Sniper Xbow its ok, you are right this reaload time... but its ok ONLY for this one xbow :)

Dude... Get off your ez mode horse and play some 2h and you'll see how "easy" it is.
I didnt said its easy, i said its too easy.
I dont like to play with op weapon, this is why i dont play as 2h-sword knight.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2011, 06:14:27 am »
I dont know what xbow hits me i dont have much time to ask this bloody bastards ;)
If it was Sniper Xbow its ok, you are right this reaload time... but its ok ONLY for this one xbow :)
I didnt said its easy, i said its too easy.
I dont like to play with op weapon, this is why i dont play as 2h-sword knight.

2h are in no way OP anymore due to the massive nerf they got I was mainly Polearms and thought 2h needed the nerf now I actually made a 2h class its nowhere near OP as it was now its week if anything.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2011, 07:03:37 am »
For those that aren't aware, you can hit "REMOVE VOTE" and change what you voted for if you are thinking to yourself that you voted incorrectly.

I voted to buff throwing and nerf pole, but I removed the nerf pole because I decided I wasn't informed enough, and was probably just knee jerk reacting to seeing players using bec's having 20+ kills on the board. I leave it to others who know more to decide if they're too fast or if they're just being used with skill. Im only voting to buff throwing because I know enough to say for certain that it needs it.

Edit: And I refuse to do what is probably the standard "buff what I use, nerf what kills me" vote.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:05:20 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2011, 07:06:56 am »
To anyone whining about cav beeing OP, why arent you yourself playing it? Why arent you on the field lancing everyones arses?

Because you suck and the first person you encounter on the battlefield is generally your last. If you cant downblock, and instead try to jump and slash/stab the riders head off with your puny 90-130 reach weapon versus the 190 reach one. You should die giggling over your own foolish greed.  When you encounter a pikeman? Do you also try to outrange him and QQ when he stabs you?

I retired from the mounted class for the time beeing, but me myself who have had alot of experience as a lancer cav knows that all I have to do as infantry is stand on a slightly elevated area or near a wall and your as good as 100% untouchable from cav.

People shouldent be allowed to complain about classes they havent tried for atleast a generation.(New generation)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2011, 07:51:22 am »
To anyone whining about cav beeing OP, why arent you yourself playing it? Why arent you on the field lancing everyones arses?

I am, on Vyrus.  It's far too easy.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2011, 08:45:28 am »
Cavalry isn't easy, neither is it hard (one handed cavalry is hard). If I ride toward a group of people with my couch down, more often than not I'll get an arrow in my face which ruins the couch, then some dude will jump up and slash mine and my horses head off. But when people are spread out, that is when cav do best. Like they should. But when 2 handers try to outreach a great lance, it's kinda stupid. A quick side step can usually get you out of the way. Unless you have 0 athletics and tin can armour.
Besides, cavalry are supposed to be feared on the medieval battlefield.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:49:09 am by ToxicKilla »

Offline BaldRider

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2011, 09:07:26 am »
If I run alone against a group of people as a 2-hander, I tend to get shot too. Saying that cavalry isn't easy just because you can't ride straight towards enemies and kill them is just silly.
Fact is, grabbing a courser and a couchable lance will score you insane amounts of kills aslong as you manage to keep cool and not rush in alone against the enemy team during the first two minutes of the round.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2011, 10:48:13 am »
If I run alone against a group of people as a 2-hander, I tend to get shot too. Saying that cavalry isn't easy just because you can't ride straight towards enemies and kill them is just silly.
Fact is, grabbing a courser and a couchable lance will score you insane amounts of kills aslong as you manage to keep cool and not rush in alone against the enemy team during the first two minutes of the round.

This.
And someone (a pro buff cav) said somewhere that courser only needed two hits from a bow to die. I admired the irony of his sentence, since with a mw strongbow it takes me 5 shots in the body to take that horse down. And when you know it's insane speed, it's pretty hard to shoot it down. Only the arabian one need 3 arrows.
The fact is, i'm starting playing on server with less than 60 people, and later, and i see way less cav. Maybe two per team. And it's definitely better than a 60 player team with 8 cav.
Lastly, to all thoses who say horses die easily to range, then you're definitely doing something wrong. Like riding in a straight line, riding toward an archer who saw you from far away, riding/climbing a hill/mountain, riding/swimming in a river for more than 4sec.
I'm a decent archer, and yet Toffi managed to dodge 15 arrows mid distance. Not too close to make it easy for me to shoot, but not too far so that i decide to change target.

PS: To all complaining their horses die in 2 shots from an arbalest : I die from 1 shot of this mw version, in close/mid distance, and certainly can't dodge it at a footman speed. -_-
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Khurt

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2011, 10:57:39 am »
No. Shielders are archer's counter, not cav.

sorry, but no...
heavy plates and shields should slow down men and light archers should be able to easily flee away.

cav>archers>footmen>spears>cav

that's should be the circle. Ofc, the heavier are the plates, the less should be the effectiveness of archers (actually this is), but shields should not create a forcefield to stop any kind of arrows like a wall: crossbows should be able to pass trough shields (ofc arbalet should be able to pass trough heavier shields than hunting crossbow) and arrows should be able to hit head/leg.

on the other hand, i think shields on shoulder should work as a shield and not as armor.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2011, 11:20:26 am »

Because you suck and the first person you encounter on the battlefield is generally your last. If you cant downblock, and instead try to jump and slash/stab the riders head off with your puny 90-130 reach weapon versus the 190 reach one. You should die giggling over your own foolish greed.  When you encounter a pikeman? Do you also try to outrange him and QQ when he stabs you?

I retired from the mounted class for the time beeing, but me myself who have had alot of experience as a lancer cav knows that all I have to do as infantry is stand on a slightly elevated area or near a wall and your as good as 100% untouchable from cav.

People shouldent be allowed to complain about classes they havent tried for atleast a generation.(New generation)

I played generation on Cybele, it's op.

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2011, 12:29:18 pm »
Having played most classes (have yet to try a dedicated xbower, thrower and horse archer), the only thing that needs a change is the 2h stab, it's plain terrible atm. (I'm using a Balanced Danish Greatsword)
Pretty much every stab I try ends up in one of the following:
- Even with superior range, my opponent comes in closer while I'm executing my stab, slashing me before my stab gets a chance to hit.
- My stab just bounces off medium-heavy armor, leaving me exposed to a free hit without me being able to block.
- The stab gets blocked and the block stun kicks in, being the least of my worries as it's usually possible to block the next incoming hit with good footwork.
Please don't get me wrong, I don't want the epic lolstab back the way it used to be, but I have to say that 2h stabs have been overnerfed.

Solutions: slightly increase the speed and damage of the stab, around halfway between its current state and its state pre-patch. That way it'll bounce off a little less, which should make the stab useful again, instead of being a suicide button.

Also, agility (mainly Athletics) doesn't seem to do a whole lot atm compared to strength (mainly Power Strike). I don't know if it's possible to increase the effect of Athletics, effectively increasing the movement speed of high-agi players to counter the higher damage offered by having a lot of strength.

PS: The problems I have with my 2h sword occur mostly in the controlled environment of the EU duel server, where they stand out more than in the chaos of a regular siege or battle server.