Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67338 times)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »
+3

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #406 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:37 am »
+2
the problem here is that not every class has as much people playing it and every class votes in favour of his own class. this vote cannot represent what needs to be done. however i want to add this (as im a piker myself): i hear people complaining about how stupid polearms are, but look it this way:

polearms are shit and thats because the way they work is total bullshit.
its stupid that pikes can block, for me you could remove it (i use pikes all the time).
but just removing block on pikes wont do shit. isnt it retarded that 500 pikes can be blocked by a single downblock? isnt it retarded that someone can walk up to somebody that has chambered his pike (not releasing it) and walk through the 3m long piece of wood? why do you guys think pikers are playing like frogs? because they cant be stationary like real life pikers, they need to jump away when a single twohander just walks straight through their formation. they have to break their formation and try to stab him from behind. they need to jump away when somebody walks through their ghost-pikes and starts swinging at their face.
isnt it stupid that a twohanded stab reaches further than my long awlpike or that a hoplite can outrange my long spear with a ashwood pike? if you take away the pikes close combat abilities, dont take away our long range abilities too! we cant fight a hoplite or twohander from close, but if we take some distance he just stabs us in the face with his retardedly long piece of metal.

there is so many things that need to be changed, but stop talking about buffing/nerfing. WE NEED CHANGE NO BUFFS OR NERFS. if we ask the community what to nerf or buff, they will just make the game so retarded that archers start kiting or pikers start jumping like frogs, that even xbowers start kiting and that...

oh wait.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:21:43 am by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2013, 01:28:02 pm »
+1
I say don't buff or nerf any specific class. The main thing I don't like is the price vs ability.

For instance, the Danish is pretty much even with a heavy bastard in a 1v1, the Danish is only better agents cav, couse of the length, but the Danish costs soooooooo muchhhhhh moreee

Basically, no buffs, no nerfs, just change the prices so that the better weapons cost more
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:31:36 pm by Risen_Jack »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2013, 01:29:31 am »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »
+1
i know this is old now but
gotta love that "buff thrown" got the most votes  :mrgreen:

thx bros

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #410 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:18 am »
Poll was closed more than 2 years ago and people are still (no sarcastically) saying throwing and 1h are underpowered and 2h is overpowered.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:37 am »
+2
a personal rant, wich alot of people agree with:

hoplites and 2H are overpowered in comparison with pikes (1 or 2 directional polearms)
why? well, i think we all can agree that 2h is very good at facehug distance (aka duels). their swings are fast as fuck, the blocking feels very natural and they have instahits (stab and swing almost never glance). People tend to agree way less when we are talking about shields, but actually they are still pretty damn good in close combat: almost 360 degree magnet shield for autoblock AND instastabbing. yes hoplites can stab while facehugging maybe its harder vs 2handed players but... they also dont suffer a long glance when their stab gets blocked.

so conclusion: 2h and hoplite are very good at close combat. so what?

now we look at pikes (as i am piker i really felt this). We can all agree when a 2h attacks someone with a long spear/pike/long awlpike, he can easily win in a duel by facehugging and spamming. pikes are just slower and have very little directions to attack in. against hoplites, in facehug distance they will surely lose because the hoplite shield gives a huge glance when its hit and because the stabs are so instant.

ok, no problem. dont cry pikes, you suck at duels? so what? your long awlpike has 185 length, just outstab that guy with his pathetic longsword of 106 nab reach or that hoplite with warspear: 150 reach lol, poke at him from a distance. so easy. pike easymode.

WELL NO. this is fucking bullshit. a low length 2h easily outreaches my long awlpike. a warspear with a shield does the same. a ashwood pike does the same with a long spear. their stab has a huge bonus for some retarded reason and when a polearmer chambers his weapon, he stands there: bend forward like a retard his head open for all attacks while twohanders and hoplite just stand straight (wich is also weird because nobody would be able to hold balance like that).

so whats left for us pikes? we should be able to poke from a distance and suck in close combat. but at the moment we suck at both (oh yes, they still want us to suck more and they want the blocking to be removed, because the majority of twohanders  wants all the power for themselves.

btw: another thing, the turnspeed nerf. good addition in my opinion, but it sucks. and why? because it only looks at the weapon length on the site, while in fact the actual reach is way longer for the faster twohanders and hoplite weapons. we basically turn slower because our weapons is 'longer' but we dont feel it because we get outstabbed by the faster twohanders and hoplites.

its just gay...