Author Topic: [Version 2.0] Alternative Clan Banner Pack  (Read 36581 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: [Version 1.1.3] Alternative Clan Banner Pack
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:44 pm »
Well Gnjus, even tho i agree with you about the state of mod, why should we make it even more.. hm, weird? Kalam was ment to continue adNecaris work (serious, historical banners only), if he changed his mind about that its ok with me, but i think we should be allowed to choose between 2 options. I see nothing wrong in having 2 banner packs, if u dont like my work, just dont check the topic and use the big one. Ill continue this even if ill be the only person using it :)

Naah, i actually like your work but 2 banner packs are pointless, you guys should get some kind of arrangement about it and maybe even post some "rules" for these banners.....having 2 custom banner packs is just......pointless, we wont be able to see each other in our true colors and all that.....id rather be "forced" to having a "normal" banner then have our banner slacked and mocked in this way. Nevertheless: nothing wrong with our banner, ive seen worse....my little ponies smoking weed, heavy metal band skulls, etc.....unless youre implying that pink is a color that was unknown to medieval people ?  :wink:

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 02:20:58 pm »
let only one banner pack prevail, the fight is on!
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: [Version 1.1] Alternative Clan Banner Pack
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 02:22:01 pm »
u dont want it like this? :
http://img203.imageshack.us/i/mb275.jpg/

I have the center pack thingy. You know, where my goodies aren't the main target? Kalam helped position the banner downwards a bit, but I need it to be down more than that.

let only one banner pack prevail, the fight is on!

+1

Although I'm not ganna lie. I'll be using the pack that gets me the banner corrected first. :3
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:23:38 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »
Naah, i actually like your work but 2 banner packs are pointless, you guys should get some kind of arrangement about it and maybe even post some "rules" for these banners.....having 2 custom banner packs is just......pointless, we wont be able to see each other in our true colors and all that.....id rather be "forced" to having a "normal" banner then have our banner slacked and mocked in this way. Nevertheless: nothing wrong with our banner, ive seen worse....my little ponies smoking weed, heavy metal band skulls, etc.....unless youre implying that pink is a color that was unknown to medieval people ?  :wink:

Admittedly, I find it a little odd that the largest dividing point seems to be the colour pink. It's...a colour. I've already listed my reasoning in the other thread, it's just surprising to me that the issue wasn't textures and embossed gradients, etc.

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:19 pm »
it's just surprising to me that the issue wasn't textures and embossed gradients, etc.

Well, all banners with these issues got removed. Same with the banners, that were not even listed in topic. (not belonging to clans, just taking up empty slots)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:36:06 pm by Arked »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:30 pm »
First of all the Shogunaate clan itself isnt always historically correct ex. Georges  :mrgreen: seen you guys running in transitional and mamluke mail, but thats fine it gives a clan and the whole game a nice diversity and enables players to express individuality and create their recognisable character. Dont tell me when you see a ghotic plate dude with a flamberge you instantly think it georges rite, and there are many examples. most of the "top" players have their own style and are recognised with or without banner. i think that is awesome.

What is the issue here it certanly isnt history its about one color. Pink
well business men wear pink shirts, hell even hooligans on the stands wear pink polo shirts, its a color get over it.

A bear on a pink flag is offensive ? A heart or a panda is offensive?

How about the  Teutonic order banner, dont give me its a historical banner shit. we all know what that simbol means today and yet nobody minds the chocolate chip cookie shit, the dudes name is Ulrich_88 cmon...
lets make an indian clan and slap a cute puppy there and call it historically correct. bs.

I have nothing against improving the quality of the banners and if indeed some banners that dont meet the standards quality wise dont implement them and maybe suggest what changes should be made but the color is not a reason.

someone said he doesnt like seing ppl on the battlefield laying dead in pink, i bet he deslikes even more being poked or malleted by a guy in pink, dont you insecurities get the better of you  :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

final thought: dont split the community this way there is always a way to talk it out and work together i belive its in everybodys interest to have only one banner pack and see everybody as the were ment to be seen.

cheers

p.s. cant wait to see how will kebapci banner look like if there will ever be one  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:49:31 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 05:07:31 pm »
First of all the Shogunaate clan itself isnt always historically correct ex. Georges  :mrgreen: seen you guys running in transitional and mamluke mail, but thats fine it gives a clan and the whole game a nice diversity and enables players to express individuality and create their recognisable character. Dont tell me when you see a ghotic plate dude with a flamberge you instantly think it georges rite, and there are many examples. most of the "top" players have their own style and are recognised with or without banner. i think that is awesome.

What is the issue here it certanly isnt history its about one color. Pink
well business men wear pink shirts, hell even hooligans on the stands wear pink polo shirts, its a color get over it.

A bear on a pink flag is offensive ? A heart or a panda is offensive?

How about the  Teutonic order banner, dont give me its a historical banner shit. we all know what that simbol means today and yet nobody minds the chocolate chip cookie shit, the dudes name is Ulrich_88 cmon...
lets make an indian clan and slap a cute puppy there and call it historically correct. bs.

I have nothing against improving the quality of the banners and if indeed some banners that dont meet the standards quality wise dont implement them and maybe suggest what changes should be made but the color is not a reason.

someone said he doesnt like seing ppl on the battlefield laying dead in pink, i bet he deslikes even more being poked or malleted by a guy in pink, dont you insecurities get the better of you  :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

final thought: dont split the community this way there is always a way to talk it out and work together i belive its in everybodys interest to have only one banner pack and see everybody as the were ment to be seen.

cheers

p.s. cant wait to see how will kebapci banner look like if there will ever be one  :mrgreen:

This is banner discussion topic, not armors, so lets leave our Panzermarine alone. I think is historicly accurate enough that we dont use shields at all. + we dont have much choice of samurai like armors atm, do we?

Now, back on topic, why do u keep talking about that pink colour. I stated already its not the only reason for that pack. We removed about half of the banners, for looking bad, too much modern etc. I feel like u think its against my old friend. Its not, so leave pink banner out off discussion already! :D

Noone forces u to use this banner pack.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:11:07 pm by Arked »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »
God i need a version of this with HRE banner.... damn tsardom.
Could anyone make me a HRE-Version of this.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 05:15:38 pm »
well it would be nice to say witch banners were removed and why so ppl could make adjustments or do you wish to run this bannerpack adjusted to Your own standards alone. some clarification of basic standards for this banner pack would be nice.

I just suggested dialogue nothing more.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:17:58 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »
Removed banners are in first post, bottom, next time look closely. All that are not mentioned werent even listed, Kalam added them without any notice. Not my fault.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 05:20:55 pm »
God i need a version of this with HRE banner.... damn tsardom.
Could anyone make me a HRE-Version of this.

Sure, maybe tomorrow I'll update ours.

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »
well it would be nice to say witch banners were removed
Check the first post in this thread. If you don't see why yours don't fit in this thread, just ask.

I don't see why some people have problems accepting that some other people don't want "funny" banners. There is no competition between the two packs, both have the same layout (means, clans have the same slot in both packs and there won't be 2 clans with the same slot).

"Hurr durr I don't care about unrealistic/stupid banners, so you are not allowed to care, neither!"

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »
So this is a mature version so to say.

i have no problem with that.

just the worry someday the banners will cross paths and well get 2 completely separate banner pack. thats all

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »
Sure, maybe tomorrow I'll update ours.

I'll talk to Arked, I believe you guys were using this slot but for some reason it was still marked as the Tsardom slot.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 05:40:34 pm »
i like the idea of this banner pack as there were a lot of ugly and poor quality banners, but its still got plenty of weird choices like :
wolf pack mercenaries, teutonic order, royal knights, d'haran legions, dawn of dread, the kingsguard, phoenix company

as for pink color

it takes a man to wear it ^^

and btw plz add this banner to your pack on our slot instead of purple one thx