Author Topic: Adaptation  (Read 919 times)

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
Adaptation
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:55:45 am »
The first two days after the patch it seems that 80% of the community started whining about the changes. Including me ( who probably bitched the most).

However today i changed to another class with new armor and weapons i traded, i feel that this patch doesn't seem to be as bad as i thought. The game play much smoother, the classes much more balanced. Even the upkeep is fine as long as you keep it below 30k.

I don't know if i am the only one feeling this way. If we cant change it, deal with it ^^. what we all need is alittle :
(click to show/hide)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
Re: Adaptation
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:01:02 am »
I am using equipment worth 104k and I losing ca 1k gold an hour.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:45 am »
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 01:20:57 am »
Gah, wish .232 would finish downloading already!

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:28:16 am »
+1
today i changed to another class with new armor and weapons i traded

So basically you're saying you had to swap everything you had for the game to be balanced for you.. how is that a good thing?
I say lets remove all classes and heirlooms and remove all but 1 set of armour and a weapon there we have perfect balance
This mod was so good because of the diversity in it, every patch seems to move it further and further from that and into bottlenecking people into set roles and set builds.

we need to keep complaining and hope the devs listen that making lancers a suicidal class is bad, making archers not being able to shoot accuratly past there feet is bad and having more upkeep so that anything above a low-medium armour set and decent weapon is not only affordable by the hardcore players.

Just to people who don't think upkeep isn't bad, its too random, you can not break stuff and be fine for ages or you can break stuff constantly and go bankrupt as it stands right now, i was using 42ks worth of equipment lastnight, played for 4 hours and lost over 50k today i played with 30ks worth of equip lost another 20k so i've gone down to 20k and only just make money but that leaves me with a shite horse and hardly any armour which makes me a 1 shot kill to just about anyone.

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:46:34 am »
i use 29k equip, i made around 10k in 3h

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:47:52 am »
So basically you're saying you had to swap everything you had for the game to be balanced for you.. how is that a good thing?
I say lets remove all classes and heirlooms and remove all but 1 set of armour and a weapon there we have perfect balance
This mod was so good because of the diversity in it, every patch seems to move it further and further from that and into bottlenecking people into set roles and set builds.

we need to keep complaining and hope the devs listen that making lancers a suicidal class is bad, making archers not being able to shoot accuratly past there feet is bad and having more upkeep so that anything above a low-medium armour set and decent weapon is not only affordable by the hardcore players.

Just to people who don't think upkeep isn't bad, its too random, you can not break stuff and be fine for ages or you can break stuff constantly and go bankrupt as it stands right now, i was using 42ks worth of equipment lastnight, played for 4 hours and lost over 50k today i played with 30ks worth of equip lost another 20k so i've gone down to 20k and only just make money but that leaves me with a shite horse and hardly any armour which makes me a 1 shot kill to just about anyone.

+1 This sums it up.

We all know where the game is headed and what builds will be playable in the future:

1H/Shield
2H
Polearm

I just wish chadz and the dev team would hurry up and eliminate all the other classes gear. Then they will have the game they want and the rest of us would save our time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:13:46 am »
+1

You've got terrible luck then (or you suck ;p). Not counting arrows and low wpf weapons, a player with a 50% win rate, and hence an average multiplier of roughly 1.9375, should be able to sustain 46000 gold's worth of equipment without losing money. This isn't even counting the new "thy valour" chadztext which would increase your average multiplier.

In terms of reducing diversity, this latest patch made throwers, throw hybrids, and horse throwers more viable. It also reduced the lance dominance so we see more 1h and 2h cav. Increased upkeep (I think it could be bumped up even more) and the soak/reduce change shifts the lopsided balance between str and agi builds a little more, so agi builds are more viable. Slot changes and increased upkeep also mean low and mid tier items will make an appearance rather than simply occupying space in the shop, so not everyone is running around with the same "best" weapons. I don't think any of the nerfs have made their respective classes unviable, just more challenging.