Author Topic: Patchnotes thread.  (Read 19580 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Patchnotes thread.
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2012, 10:16:07 pm »
Visual and sound detection has been buffed so high, you cant crouch run through bushes without being detected (AT NIGHT!) through villages or shit like that.

Crouch walking or crawl running is moderately dangerous at medium range, and crawl walking is still midly dangerous at short range  :?

Dunno for you but I dont want to take 2 hours looting a small village, nor do I like aggroing the whole village if I ever let go of shift while I crouch  :lol:

Will wait for hotfix of Z detection. Actually they are even better at spotting than humans with binoculars and gamma to the max.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »
Hotfix for Z detection? Implying something is broken.

Now you'll either need to be patient, take the zombies out silently (crossbow, melee, suppressed weapons) or just shoot them with a louder gun.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »
* [NEW]    Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are

Sounds interesting. Rather have them react to LOS and sound investigation rather than directly going to the source. They should just turn/walk/run towards the direction of the noise until they see something.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2012, 01:20:03 am »
Hotfix for Z detection? Implying something is broken.

Now you'll either need to be patient, take the zombies out silently (crossbow, melee, suppressed weapons) or just shoot them with a louder gun.

Maybe im not hardcore enough to deal with this, I admit; but there is still the chance that all the people complaining about the too high Z detection will force rocket to revert back to a previous and easier level (thats what I would like anyway :rolleyes:)

Sounds interesting. Rather have them react to LOS and sound investigation rather than directly going to the source. They should just turn/walk/run towards the direction of the noise until they see something.

The idea is interesting, because in 1.7.1.1 you just had to break LOS and they would suddenly stop running (this lead to many houses/building being completely overrun by zombies because players kite them in and then run outside and lost them inside  :lol: ); but actually in the game as soon as you break the LOS, they will investigate TOWARD YOU (wherever you are gone, even if you made no sound), and not in the "area" they stopped seeing you, leading to a 99% chance of being detected again if you dont haul ass as fast as possible (which is almost impossible due to ridiculously high audio detection even when you crouch, combo of death).

P.S.: I tested melee, and I dont understand why rocket says "melee will get his damage buffed soon", because I actually took out dozens of them with a hatchet :mrgreen: ok I was in a building and I chain-killed them without retalation from them, but even out in the open, if you only have 1 or 2 Z on you, you can backpedal and kill them really fast, without sound. Really great stuff.
Tbh, if it wasnt for the melee weapons, game would be near totally impossible actually, with the wallhacking/super senses/running through metal doors zombies.

And the loots are cool again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:30:01 am by Butan »

Offline Klauwaert

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant of House Eaglewood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Eaglewood
  • Game nicks: Eaglewood_Peasant_Klauwaert
  • IRC nick: Steam: Klauwaert
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2012, 12:43:04 pm »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:43 pm »
Changelog:
      * [NEW]      Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
      * [FIXED]   Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
      * [FIXED]   Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
      * [FIXED]   Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
      * [NEW]      Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)
      * [FIXED]   Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
      * [FIXED]   Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
      * [FIXED]   Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
      * [FIXED]   Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
      * [FIXED]   Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
      * [FIXED]   Trying to pick up a hatchet would create fake ammo (now will not)
      * [FIXED]   Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
      * [REVERT]   Hatchet now collected as an Item (toolbelt) and can be equipped to primary (gear action)
      * [NEW]      Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
      * [NEW]      New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack
      * [FIXED]   Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)
      * [FIXED]   Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)
      * [FIXED]   Melee weapon sounds non-existent/terrible (now has placeholder sounds)

Should make the game stealth friendly again, or a bit more at least  :wink:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
Changelog:
      * [NEW]      Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
      * [FIXED]   Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
      * [FIXED]   Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
      * [FIXED]   Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
      * [NEW]      Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)
      * [FIXED]   Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
      * [FIXED]   Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
      * [FIXED]   Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
      * [FIXED]   Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
      * [FIXED]   Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
      * [FIXED]   Trying to pick up a hatchet would create fake ammo (now will not)
      * [FIXED]   Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
      * [REVERT]   Hatchet now collected as an Item (toolbelt) and can be equipped to primary (gear action)
      * [NEW]      Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
      * [NEW]      New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack
      * [FIXED]   Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)
      * [FIXED]   Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)
      * [FIXED]   Melee weapon sounds non-existent/terrible (now has placeholder sounds)

Should make the game stealth friendly again, or a bit more at least  :wink:
That's the pre-log, right?
That hotfix isnt released yet, is it?

Cuz I died today to freaking bug and all my nice stuff is gone.
Full blood, get hit by a Z twice and get the feint symbol thing and get eaten. From full health down to 0.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »
Nice, seems they won't spot/hear you from a mile anymore

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2012, 11:01:18 pm »
After I died, spawned 3 times at Cherno.
Every time I made like 10 steps crouched and got spotted from a mile away.
I tried to blind them with my flashlight but it didnt work. :cry:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2012, 03:09:21 am »
Jeez zombies are strong now. Was checking apartments in Cherno and when they said they re-added zombies spawning in buildings I was expecting quite so many. Got chased into an apartment by 3-4 zombies and then ran straight into several others. That was after killing 5 in one of the tall apartments. I took 2 hits from them and was passed out, broken bone and bleeding whilst still being hit. By the time I got up again I didn't have time to bandage or kill them. Pretty pissed as I had my ideal weapons.

Think zombies are to far the other way in damage now and in my opinion you still make far to much noise. Proning during the day with a zombie walking away from me I had one hear me from 10-15m away. Kinda makes proning pointless.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2012, 07:09:15 am »
Jeez zombies are strong now. Was checking apartments in Cherno and when they said they re-added zombies spawning in buildings I was expecting quite so many. Got chased into an apartment by 3-4 zombies and then ran straight into several others. That was after killing 5 in one of the tall apartments. I took 2 hits from them and was passed out, broken bone and bleeding whilst still being hit. By the time I got up again I didn't have time to bandage or kill them. Pretty pissed as I had my ideal weapons.

Think zombies are to far the other way in damage now and in my opinion you still make far to much noise. Proning during the day with a zombie walking away from me I had one hear me from 10-15m away. Kinda makes proning pointless.

Tbh getting knocked out by zombies is very random if you ask me, last time I got hit by zombies several times and I lost only a bit of blood and wasn't knocked down. Also apartments in Cherno with the zombies are quite easy with the hatchet, since zeds can't really reach you when you're on the stairs and you can melee them down (but they wont hit you).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:16:13 am by Vibe »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2012, 08:56:39 am »
Tbh getting knocked out by zombies is very random if you ask me, last time I got hit by zombies several times and I lost only a bit of blood and wasn't knocked down. Also apartments in Cherno with the zombies are quite easy with the hatchet, since zeds can't really reach you when you're on the stairs and you can melee them down (but they wont hit you).
Honestly, the mod was more fun before when you started at least with a Makarov and Zombies were rather slow, blind and deaf.
After 1.7 it went completely downhill imho.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2012, 08:57:03 am »
Honestly, the mod was more fun before when you started at least with a Makarov and Zombies were rather slow, blind and deaf.
After 1.7 it went completely downhill imho.

Man up

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:06 am »
Man up

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry... *slap* I mean... SIR, YES, SIR!

Still don't like the "no weapon"-part on spawning.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2012, 09:36:28 am »
The no weapon thing doesn't change anything. It takes about 30 seconds to get a weapon if you know what you're doing. The zombie behavior change is the huge thing.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.