Author Topic: 0.3.3.6  (Read 27199 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.6
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2014, 02:09:17 am »
Weight is in kilograms. It has been that weight since it was changed before.
hmm I guess I missed that change before then because it used to wegh more than my elite cav shield.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2014, 02:11:02 am »
+6
fucking change the 1h swing back now

The new one had right-to-left swing looks horrible. It may function better in tight spaces (though give it's starting point I reckon it will catch on walls just as much), but we have the left-to-right swing for that, and it looks like something out of a really poorly animated mod. I'm not saying the old swing was perfect, far from it, but this change is the opposite of improvement.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2014, 02:14:11 am »
Weight is in kilograms. It has been that weight since it was changed before.

Weight and length are supposed to be kg and cm, but sometimes (especially with weapon weight), it seems that they are more of an arbitrary unit of measurement that is decided based on how it works out in the combat calculations. If everything was weighted realistically then some items would be OP beyond imagination and others would be untouchable steaming piles of poo.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:22:20 am by WITCHCRAFT »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2014, 02:27:31 am »
+1
please can we have the old right swing back? :(

this new one's kinda gimicky

yo, wait a moment, we're all accustomed to the old, but new to me seems more natural, the same range... just less flat angle is perhaps more natural... let's play some days and check again how you feel with that... + moar XP in strat - nice patch  :D

hmm ... maybe half of angle between old and new setting?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:30:38 am by Harpag »

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2014, 02:28:12 am »
+3
As a player playin 1h since the begining of crpg, i must say that the new animation is a terrible idea. Just that.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Bars

• Earl
  • Renown: 349
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • My name is Bars! And your end is here!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Bars
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2014, 02:35:21 am »
+1
yo, wait a moment, we're all accustomed to the old, but new to me seems more natural, the same range... just less flat angle is perhaps more natural... let's play some days and check again how you feel with that... + moar XP in strat - nice patch  :D

hmm ... maybe half of angle between old and new setting?

This guy is  right :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:59:03 am by Bars »

Someday i get it back, and remind all of you of what you have rightly feared

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2014, 02:57:53 am »
Fantastic item changes guys! 

Boo Tydeus taking away my dirtyass morningstar floorsweeps :( 

Offline Killer

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • NA's Worst Longspearman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former BlackCompany Member, Current HoC member
  • Game nicks: HoC_Mr_Killer
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:29 am »
Great patch guys love the moar xp for strat now ppl might actually go to battles

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2014, 03:54:02 am »
yea.... 2h hero and he change 1h.... kurwa mac.... i love admins who never play on 1h but they nerf this because they "think" it is good....

Tydeus pls stay on 2h and fu** of from 1h if you dont know how change this mod...

dude your picture on the forum is scary as fuck, honestly creeped me out
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2014, 05:41:29 am »
+1
Yay, happy with the new 0 slot changes :)
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2014, 06:09:52 am »
I don't know enough

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2014, 06:17:59 am »
+2
Any word on when the colored pelt hood will be fixed?

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2014, 06:26:09 am »
Yes. Because shields were weak...they needed buffs.

WHAT FUCKING DREAMWORLD DOES TYDEUS SMOKE IN FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I don't know enough

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2014, 07:56:43 am »
+4
Yes. Because shields were weak...they needed buffs.

WHAT FUCKING DREAMWORLD DOES TYDEUS SMOKE IN FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

The fuck did you want him to do? Strategus is damn near dead on both sides of the pond and the only real significant change was the 1h right-swing animation.

The fuck did you want him to do, really? Even if he fucks shit up every now and again, at least someone that is knowledgeable about coding animations and whatnot is working on the mod. If he wasn't doing what he could, nobody would.

I don't mean to suck tydouche's dick or anything. He is far from perfect, but neither you nor I have the skillset to change anything. Give him helpful criticism, but don't just talk shit. It helps nothing.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2014, 08:05:04 am »
+2
The fuck did you want him to do? Strategus is damn near dead on both sides of the pond and the only real significant change was the 1h right-swing animation.

The fuck did you want him to do, really? Even if he fucks shit up every now and again, at least someone that is knowledgeable about coding animations and whatnot is working on the mod. If he wasn't doing what he could, nobody would.

I don't mean to suck tydouche's dick or anything. He is far from perfect, but neither you nor I have the skillset to change anything. Give him helpful criticism, but don't just talk shit. It helps nothing.

What's funny is that, honestly, vanilla Warband is so much better in almost every way, animation and flow wise, then anything that cRPG devs have ever added. Ever since they nerfed turn rates on overheads and thrusts for every weapon, the combat fell into a deep deep pit of shit that only got buggier and less responsive every time "thrust Sweet Spot Activation Time" was altered.

I much prefer Tydeus's method here, of just doing whatever the fuck he thinks is good and altering crap to be Bad in a new, interesting way, that changes combat styles and "MetaGame" in usually (and preferably) subtle ways, such as popular weapons or builds. Its not great, but it keeps the game fresh. cRPG will never dig out of its own WSE 2.0 enabled hole, but might as well do weird stupid shit to it as it slowly dies because why not.

Before him, it was literally nothing but cmp/Urist nerfing Vanilla stuff and desynching animations until everyone was strength builds stuck in molasses 1 hitting people with greatswords and bardiches. Don't get me wrong cmp has done some wizard shit with this mod and Battlegrounds looks to have potential, but man, if any of you just mess around in  Native Warband a bit you will feel like you are in a whole new, much better game.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.