Author Topic: 0.3.0.1 Winners and Losers  (Read 4422 times)

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
0.3.0.1 Winners and Losers
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:33:24 pm »
+12
Here are my impresisons at first glance

Winners:
"Bow" has been juggled from lowest bow to something mid tier.  Roughly the same as a Rus Bow now at half the price.
Bows and arrows have been modified so that unloomed Bows are more viable, damage wise.  Loomed bows no longer enjoy a damage increased, but have a higher overall missile speed than before.  Loomed bows seem to do the same damage as before with these adjustments, but arrow stacks are bigger now, loomed arrows only get more ammo.
Crossbows and bolts have been modified so unloomed crossbows are more viable.  Loomed crossbows gain smaller damage increases, but bolts have increased stack size.
Many two directional pole arms buffed.  Swing damages increased by various amounts.  Awlpike, Long Awlpike, Military Fork, Battle Fork, Bamboo spear.  Partisan also gains bonus against shields, more damage on swing but loses .2 weight.
Spathovaklion, speed increased by 3, but price also 2000 more expensive.
Italian Falchion now 0 slot.  Big winner, especially with the nerf to previous 0 slot swords.
Spathion stab buffed 1 and Wakazashi swing buffed 1.  Still probably useless weapons.
Most 1H axes got buffed by 1 damage.
All ninja stars are now 0 slot, throwing daggers as well.
Military Sickle 2h mode buffed by 2 damage.

Losers:
Most 0 slot sword got nerfed by 1 swing, 1 stab or both.  Broad Short Sword also loses speed.
Side Sword.  Speed dropped 2.  Was probably OP before.
Steel Pick nerfed again, speed dropped 1.
Swiss Halberd weight dropped .5 to lower weapon stun.
Throwing knives now take 1 Throwing, but are now more accurate and 0 slot.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.0.1 Winners and Losers
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:34:46 pm »
+27
You forgot Panos.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »
Is this a complete list? Hopefully my Light Lance and Spear got a buff. Or the long spear and pike, just to piss people off.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »
Is this a complete list? Hopefully my Light Lance and Spear got a buff. Or the long spear and pike, just to piss people off.

No, none of those items were effected at all this patch.  Well, besides the fact that you can nudge now.

The complete list is in announcements and was posted by chadz.  However, it can be very boring to read through, especially since not all changes were made linear across Heirloom levels like they usually are.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:51:55 pm »
Here are my impresisons at first glance

Many two directional pole arms buffed.  Swing damages increased by various amounts.  Awlpike, Long Awlpike, Military Fork, Battle Fork, Bamboo spear.

All these weapon were perfectly balanced and they buff them.

Wow just wow
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 05:54:43 pm »
+3
I wouldn't list the Swiss in the nerf category. Now that it's lighter you can spin with it more.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 05:55:36 pm »
+2
Yeah, I dunno man. Ranged was kicking my ass prior patch, now it looks like it's going to be even more of a problem. Especially with everyone respeccing or making alts to see just how good ranged is now.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »
+5
0 slot Italian Falchion.....

Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 06:04:12 pm »
Hopefully I'd just traded my sidesword before the patch...

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 06:16:16 pm »
+2
The halberd change is arguably for the better; at worst it somewhat balances out. Weapon stun is one thing, but being able to turn better while swinging improves overall functionality.
I wouldn't list the Swiss in the nerf category. Now that it's lighter you can spin with it more.

yeah that.

Polearm left swings got their sweetspot improved to the point of actually being useful. All polearms with sideswing capability will be far better off now.

Let's not forget the long maul, either. I mean, psh, 6 speed, whatev. 8 more thrust damage!? Holy smokes!

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 06:19:50 pm »
+1

^ clearly best mace now, was a nominee for best 1h mace before, with its 2 weight and never-fail-to-knockdown ability

now u can nudge, kick, knockdown, kick, knockdown.....with a 99 speed weapon....

OP much?
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 06:49:06 pm »
+1

^ clearly best mace now, was a nominee for best 1h mace before, with its 2 weight and never-fail-to-knockdown ability

now u can nudge, kick, knockdown, kick, knockdown.....with a 99 speed weapon....

OP much?

I've heard you can't kick immediately after a nudge first, but I don't have the time to test it right now.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 06:51:45 pm »
+12
1h internal balance really got screwed up.

No reason to take any blunt weapon other than a spathovaklion. The speed you see on your screen is relative to the weapon length and weapon speed. 75 length and 99 speed just makes it so much better than the alternatives, and fully loomed, out-damages all of the cut weapons with around the same speed.

Iron war axe and broad 1handed battle axe with their secondary modes seem to outpace the picks rather easily, due to the increase in length and utility and barely any difference in damage.

0 slot 1hs seem to be far outpaced by the 95+ length weapons now. Shorter 1hs seem to be dominated by the grosse messer and the like. 85-92 length 1hs seem to be in a good spot and still competes with the longer ones, other than the broad 1h short sword, which should have gotten a tiny damage increase for the speed decrease.

Expect to see a ton of spathovaklions soon, and much less 1h diversity.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 06:52:52 pm »

Buff our light lance? You are funny. The last nerf to it is still hurting.

On the other hand now I can nudge. People in battle thought I was scary to facehug because I would kick you, now I can nudge too.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 06:59:37 pm »
+1
1h internal balance really got screwed up.

No reason to take any blunt weapon other than a spathovaklion. The speed you see on your screen is relative to the weapon length and weapon speed. 75 length and 99 speed just makes it so much better than the alternatives, and fully loomed, out-damages all of the cut weapons with around the same speed.

Iron war axe and broad 1handed battle axe with their secondary modes seem to outpace the picks rather easily, due to the increase in length and utility and barely any difference in damage.

0 slot 1hs seem to be far outpaced by the 95+ length weapons now. Shorter 1hs seem to be dominated by the grosse messer and the like. 85-92 length 1hs seem to be in a good spot and still competes with the longer ones, other than the broad 1h short sword, which should have gotten a tiny damage increase for the speed decrease.

Expect to see a ton of spathovaklions soon, and much less 1h diversity.
agree; spathovavava buff is just ridiculous. also i would change the blunt formula.