Author Topic: 0.221 - hotfix  (Read 40930 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: 0.221 - hotfix
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2011, 10:42:55 pm »
You didn't even see me play. I can safely say that I am one of the greatest crpg cav players out there. Only people like Oberyn and Uda Jinn cause me problems.

....sorry to go a bit off-topic here but....your in-game name would be....... ?

Just out of curiosity ofc, and with all due respect.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2011, 10:45:23 pm »
They were overpoweredwhen nerfed, cavalry already received enough nerfs to get themselves balanced. Now they receive another one.

@Gorath: Yes we were, look at the Heavy Lance's stats, *sigh*.

Shall I post all the 2hers/1hers/polearms who's stats were nerfed?   :rolleyes:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:10 pm »
Charlemagne, I'm usually on EU_2 when playing mounted and on my clan's server(Risen) when dismounted. Got a low end computer, so can't play on EU_1 all the time without lag.

Edit: Gorath, I'm aware of some other items like the Flamberge who were unnecessarily nerfed, however the Heavy Lance is the biggest out of the bunch. Ive already complained about some of them before.

Edit2: Before I go: cmpx, the whole nature behind the nerf of the heavy lance, trying to get us to use the other lances, clearly failed. The few cav players I see still use it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:03:00 pm by Magikarp »
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:51 am »
Edit2: Before I go: cmpx, the whole nature behind the nerf of the heavy lance, trying to get us to use the other lances, clearly failed. The few cav players I see still use it.

So.... you're saying there's prove that your rant is unjustified and the nerf / balance of the weapon is fine.

Good to know.

Foot - Mouth - Insert complete.

Offline Adhonis

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adonis Adonis_of_Phoenicia Achtung_Panzer
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:19 am »
Hey we dont give a fuck about the discursion between you two, use privates.

I still think bows deal too much damage, and they do several damage, i'd say more than before. But there is smt different, slots.. So people will use less shields. Its pretty easy to see that it means archers are buffed with this patch a lot. And in a mostly mele game its sometimes annoying to run between such a big amount of my old friendarchers that will run away if you get a little closer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:32:14 am by Adhonis »
"E tan, e epi tan"
"Come home with your shield or upon it”-  Spartan woman to her son.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2011, 04:39:08 am »
Hey we dont give a fuck about the discursion between you two, use privates.

I still think bows deal too much damage, and they do several damage, i'd say more than before. But there is smt different, slots.. So people will use less shields. Its pretty easy to see that it means archers are buffed with this patch a lot. And in a mostly mele game its sometimes annoying to run between such a big amount of my old friendarchers that will run away if you get a little closer.

If you are that annoyed by range just go to a melee only server like Risen (EU) or TunaTown (NA)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2011, 04:41:57 am »
If you are that annoyed by range just go to a melee only server like Risen (EU) or TunaTown (NA)

Indeed.  BTW:  TunaTown = best NA server.  Haven't left it yet.  And people said playing without ranged gets boring... pffft, hasn't yet.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:30 am »

Yeh..no. The reason you think they do so much more damage is because of the armor change. When everybody has less health and a certain damage stays the same, you're obviously gonna see people dying faster.

Offline gbumoon

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • p'wning n00bs since DOS 6.0
    • View Profile
    • Fire Pixel
  • Faction: SoA
  • Game nicks: SoA_Lord_Tonoko
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2011, 06:35:57 am »
only the textfiles can be found in: http://c-rpg.net/cRPG_update.zip - open and copy all files into your cRPG module folder.

Otherwise, you can also redownload the full zip from the mbrepository.

Changelog: bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes

edit: if the above link is broken, try this. -Mylet
the first link provided is an old version, use the "try this" link from above.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2011, 10:25:48 am »
What do you think why archers run away??
Because we have to decide whether to use a good melee weapon and one quiver of arrows OR a almost useless melee weapon with 0 slots and 2 quivers of arrows. Assumed they use warbow or longbow which most archers do.
The fact that I want to play an archer and not a guy with a melee weapon and a few arrows leads me to the solution that I take 2 quivers. So what melee weapon can I take? A dagger *cheer* or a hammer  (21 blunt damage or something about) *cheer*
What would you do? I don't go into melee if I don't have to with such a weapon. So I take my stuff and run as fast as I can because I have a few arrows left to kill you ;)

And who sais archers got buffed alot? The slotsystem is no buff for archers. It's hell because some cav guys (I won't tell names) are just cowards and only concentrate on chasing archers now because they can't really defend themselvers in melee. So that is no buff.

Arrows: The amount of arrows was reduced to a ridiculous number of --> !! 15 !! <--  So WHERE is the buff? Don't think medieval archers hat such a little amount of arrows but hey, I won't start whining about the patch because then I'll stay here the whole day. Fact is that many archers are getting better in aiming (should be so when they play archers for months^^) and that's why you think there are soooooooo many baaaaddd faaagggcchheerrrss around. They are not more, but they learned how to aim. Shooting around blind vanished when the amount of arrows was reduced. Now they need to aim.

Damage: Arrowdamage was reduced. Bodkin arrows did 7 or more pierce damage before patch, now it's 6.  So do you find a buff here? I don't :/

The only thing that was buffed is the damage and accuracy of bows, but not of all bows. Warbow got buffed alot and ok, I don't know why. It was good as it was and there was no need for a buff. Actually now warbow deals most of the time more damage than the longbow, but....I can't do anything else than writing PMs hoping that chadz will change something.
Longbow got piercedamage now, but not that much. It also got 2 more speed, but accuracy was reduced by 3.
And the other bows just got 1 or 2 points of extra damaga *cheer*

After you've read my post, please tell me where the massive incredible unbelievable archerbuff is o.O

I think you are just crying because you can't dodge arrows :/  But hey, that's your fault and not ours.

I'm very pissed off that every one is whining about archers since the very beginning of c-rpg.
What do you expect when you play a medieval game that wants to be more or less realistic?? 200 guys stupidly charging with melee weapons and nothing else? That's not very realistic. And as far as I see it most people complain when the game isn't as realistic as possible. Archers played a big role in medieval battles. Best example is Azincourt...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:31:43 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2011, 10:41:04 am »
So.... you're saying there's prove that your rant is unjustified and the nerf / balance of the weapon is fine.

Good to know.

Foot - Mouth - Insert complete.
Nope, I said few, which meant that:

a. A lot of people GTX our class, which is very understandable.
b. The people that still are will still use the heavy lance, despite what the devs think anyway.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:19 am »
Nope, I said few, which meant that:

a. A lot of people GTX our class, which is very understandable.
b. The people that still are will still use the heavy lance, despite what the devs think anyway.
no, nerff cav, they need a nerff. they get speed damg+, u can jog and 1 hit kill people.
i never seen a nerff on cav yet. i ride around on the palf and its pretty easy to kill people, course is so much better too lol
anyways i say cav can be  nerffed, maybe buff throwing lances to 2 lances for 2 slots as it takes 4-5 to brake a H-sheild, takes 2-3 to brake a round sheild or lvl1 bord sheild... they nerffed damg on lances, and ammo... u cant WEAR MORE THEN 12LB and throw.... other wise u cant pick up your 1 lance if u miss... No other class has that nerff... u spawn with a  long bow and can wear plate... or be 2 hander in plate np
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:30:05 am by Native_ATS »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2011, 11:48:03 am »
no, nerff cav, they need a nerff. they get speed damg+, u can jog and 1 hit kill people.
i never seen a nerff on cav yet. i ride around on the palf and its pretty easy to kill people, course is so much better too lol
anyways i say cav can be  nerffed, maybe buff throwing lances to 2 lances for 2 slots as it takes 4-5 to brake a H-sheild, takes 2-3 to brake a round sheild or lvl1 bord sheild... they nerffed damg on lances, and ammo... u cant WEAR MORE THEN 12LB and throw.... other wise u cant pick up your 1 lance if u miss... No other class has that nerff... u spawn with a  long bow and can wear plate... or be 2 hander in plate np
Nice English mate.

Cav has been nerfed before, actually making our horses much less powerful, which was good. Only thing that did however was make our heavy cavalry so expensive, that only the Cataphract is worth using atm. (I ain't paying 4.3k+ to ride on my plated)
Don't mind the fish.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »
What do you think why archers run away??
Because we have to decide whether to use a good melee weapon and one quiver of arrows OR a almost useless melee weapon with 0 slots and 2 quivers of arrows. Assumed they use warbow or longbow which most archers do.
Damage: Arrowdamage was reduced. Bodkin arrows did 7 or more pierce damage before patch, now it's 6.  So do you find a buff here? I don't :/

The only thing that was buffed is the damage and accuracy of bows, but not of all bows. Warbow got buffed alot and ok, I don't know why. It was good as it was and there was no need for a buff. Actually now warbow deals most of the time more damage than the longbow, but....I can't do anything else than writing PMs hoping that chadz will change something.
Longbow got piercedamage now, but not that much. It also got 2 more speed, but accuracy was reduced by 3.
And the other bows just got 1 or 2 points of extra damaga *cheer*
Best example is Azincourt...
1H weapons are not useless, only the guys that use them are. You don't have to have 0 PS you know and even with 0 PS you can kill people. In particular, it helps to have blunt or pierce damage instead of cut, not to glance. Or is it that you expect to be a rambo in melee? Archers are supposed to fight in a group, not as individual snipers. In a group, good athletics and low armor you can be effective even with a dagger.

Damage: bow damage depends on the shot speed. Did that increase as well? I suggest you check. The damage stat of the weapon is not the whole story and I suspect that longbows have a higher shot speed (NOT the "speed" stat) than the other bows.

Agincourt, all archer players go back to that one (and Crecy). It has been discussed to death. Yes the archers were a decisive factor there and killed many French knights... in melee.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2011, 01:38:30 pm »
@MouthnHoof: Could you please read a text properly before you start writing an answer??

I never said that 1h weapons are useless. And i also did not talk about powerstrike!
I was talking about the new slot system. You can either use a dagger or the simple hammer which need 0 slots, but they do almost no damage an you can't block with daggers. Then you can use 2 quivers of arrows. If you want to have a good melee weapon you can only use 1 quiver because it takes 1 slot.

And YES I know what I'm talking about! Missile speed of bows did not increase. Maybe of strongbow or something below, but not of warbow and longbow! And only longbow got a drawspeed increase: from 48 to 50.
You don't have to tell me how bow damage works.

And maybe you should read a few books about history before you say such nonsense about Azincourt. Ofcourse the archers killed some people in melee, but only after they came close enough and fell down off their horses.

It's always the same, some stupid little kids comes around, reads 2 lines of a text, thinks that he/she knows the whole text perfectly and starts playing the wise guy....You could have saved your energy you used for writing if you had read my text :rolleyes: