• cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: 2h-cav
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »
Respeced to 2h only again xD
I totally suck at throwing.

But 2h-cav was fun, i'll probably get an end-build where i can use the horsies as well.

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 06:32:11 am »
+1
24/15

IF:5
PS:8
Athletics:5
Riding:5
All else:0

2h WPF:111(at 30)

Armor: Heavy body armor with good leg def. (40+ body and 13+ leg) and Good boots (spurs because you are cav duh). Whatever else you want

Horse: Destrier or above.  Personal favore is Large Warhorse because you will be a HUGE arrow target and this thing soaks em up like a sponge. 

Weapon(most important part of 2h cav): I can't believe this isn't more commonly used but the freakin Shortened Military Scythe.  112 range, 39 damage.  Only downfall? It's slow.

Weapon(secondary): Great Maul for when you get dismounted or a Axe/Morningstar of your choice. The Scythe is still surpisingly good at dueling dismounted.

Strategy(beginning of round): Beginning of round I rush straight at the blob.  Archers will predictibly shoot at you and infantry will chase you.  Cav will  be trying to couch you so the zig zag trot is essential.  When you get the infantry seperates from the archers now you go get some work done.  Archers die in 1-2 swings from the Scythe so take a few out and go treat your wounds. 

Strategy(Mid round): Support your infantry with bumps and learn how to use manuevering to pwn Spear cav.  Ctrl+J works against coursers, and against anything else just bait them to swing at you while evading where the swing will be last second.  To really make a spear cav. look bad hold down block and intercept your horse to cut his off. He will thrust into your block, maybe damaging your horse but now he is in your range.  You can stay pure infantry support and just protect infantry against cav + bump etc. Or you can be more offensive using the zig-zag trot effectively helps here.  Archers are your bread and butter here, bait spearmen away like you do in the beginning game and take out archers. 

Any questions?

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:30 pm »
24/15

Armor: Heavy body armor with good leg def. (40+ body and 13+ leg) and Good boots (spurs because you are cav duh). Whatever else you want

Horse: Destrier or above.  Personal favore is Large Warhorse because you will be a HUGE arrow target and this thing soaks em up like a sponge. 

Weapon(most important part of 2h cav): I can't believe this isn't more commonly used but the freakin Shortened Military Scythe.  112 range, 39 damage.  Only downfall? It's slow.

Weapon(secondary): Great Maul for when you get dismounted or a Axe/Morningstar of your choice. The Scythe is still surpisingly good at dueling dismounted.

Strategy(beginning of round): Beginning of round I rush straight at the blob.  Archers will predictibly shoot at you and infantry will chase you.  Cav will  be trying to couch you so the zig zag trot is essential.  When you get the infantry seperates from the archers now you go get some work done.  Archers die in 1-2 swings from the Scythe so take a few out and go treat your wounds. 

Strategy(Mid round): Support your infantry with bumps and learn how to use manuevering to pwn Spear cav.  Ctrl+J works against coursers, and against anything else just bait them to swing at you while evading where the swing will be last second.  To really make a spear cav. look bad hold down block and intercept your horse to cut his off. He will thrust into your block, maybe damaging your horse but now he is in your range.  You can stay pure infantry support and just protect infantry against cav + bump etc. Or you can be more offensive using the zig-zag trot effectively helps here.  Archers are your bread and butter here, bait spearmen away like you do in the beginning game and take out archers. 

Any questions?
this way you can get 7 IF, check it on the calculator
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »
24/15

Any questions?

You'd use the morningstar on foot, but not on horse? :L
Turtles

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 10:08:22 am »
24/15

Any questions?

pro guide
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 10:29:34 am »
But 2h-cav was fun, i'll probably get an end-build where i can use the horsies as well.

2h cav population dropped by 25%

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »