Author Topic: cRPGLauncher.exe trouble? post here!  (Read 88396 times)

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
Re: cRPGLauncher.exe trouble? post here!
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2011, 01:35:00 pm »
where can i install 0.4c launcher? cant find it

Offline Lagger

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2011, 11:28:51 pm »
My launcher installs it on C/program files/steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband while the game is under D/program files/steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband. I don't know how to change it. Please help me.

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2011, 04:36:26 pm »
I'm getting the "failed to create remote library threat" error even if i turn off my firewall and kaspersky..  :?

Offline Zorael

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2011, 04:12:18 am »
I was about to start composing a reply on how it doesn't work at all in linux under Wine, but after looking through the debug output I saw there were a lot of errors that hinted toward a broken/incomplete installation of .NET 2.0.

Reinstalling wasn't easy; winetricks downloads the official installer exe/msi and then lets it take the reins, and the installer would only consent to 'repairing' it, which did absolutely nothing. But after a bit of housekeeping in the registry (read: removing all mentions of .NET 2.0.50727) it reinstalled properly, and the launcher now works with only trivial graphical oddities, as seen below.

Code: [Select]
$ winetricks dotnet20sp2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kubuntu 11.10, amd64 flavor, Wine 1.3.35 from ubuntu-wine ppa.

Offline tkn123

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Shagga
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2011, 07:58:23 pm »
I have a pretty strange problem with the new launcher, its complicated so bear with me :). Ok so first I start my computer, I then run the launcher and then click play... everything is going well until after the steam message comes up saying "preparing to Launch Mount&Blade". The warband menu then strangely fails to appear however according to my steam I am playing the game. I have then retried the launcher and the same thing happens. On my task manager it shows no application to be running... however the mb_warband process is there. Here comes the weird bit: after trying the launcher several times, there are numerous Warband processes running on the task manager which... I can't end (they just won't be removed when I try to end them). Another side-affect is after this I cant shut my computer off without manually switching off the power at the back. Ive since deleted all my cRPG files and re-installed but I get the same problem. Any ideas? and is anyone else experiencing similar problems cos its a right pain in the back side :(
cheers
Timawd

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2011, 12:53:31 am »
Is Steam started when you launch it for the first time? If not, try starting Steam first.

Offline tkn123

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 13
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Shagga
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »
thanks for the reply, although I have tried it both ways with no success :/

Offline pOLLACABALLO

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: mERCENARIES
  • Game nicks: pOLLACABALLO
« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »
My launcher installs it on C/program files/steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband while the game is under D/program files/steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband. I don't know how to change it. Please help me.

WELL, my game is on C, and the launcher installas on F? why? :( any help on how to edit the install path??

Scrachted with resourcehack the *.exe with no luck, and check the registry for "warband" entries and all were pointing to the Steam installation on C. Where it should be.

I can play with steam native version, but i see the folder of cRPG on steam folder EMPTY! (of course cuz the launcher points to F? :S)...
But my launcher, I must say I just did a clean Format on my pc. Any suggestions? ty in advance!

that was the mistake, was using an old launcher that was pointing to another mw_warband.exe, i loled for a sec
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:06:31 pm by yneoz »

Offline CanadianAce

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »
First of all.. Merry christmas!

Now, please someone help me!

I haven't been on cRPG in a while (not since the launcher was implemented) and I came back, downloaded the launcher, and it updated everything without a problem. I hit play afterwards, and got the "failed to create remote library threat" problem, which I couldn't for the life of me figure out. I tried repair on the launcher, no luck. Then I deleted the cRPG folder and tried reinstalling it, no luck. Then I tried reinstalling, redownloading and updating my entire Mount&Blade Warband, and downloaded the launcher again.. But now Im stuck at a different problem. I've tried to install cRPG with the launcher about 20 times now.. and EVERY time, it randomly just stops. No error message or anything, literally just stops downloading and sits at a standstill at a random point. (for example, right now it's just been sitting at "Downloading Scene/Obj/scn_village_86.sco" for about 15 minutes now). It doesnt matter how long I wait, it just sits there. Even when I tick the repair box, it'll do the exact same thing.

I've disabled all antivirus, turned off the firewall, rebooted my computer, redownloaded the launcher multiple times.. I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas? I'm on Windows 7 if that helps.

Thanks!

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2011, 02:44:35 am »
Merry Christmas/Kwanza/Hanakuahorhoweveryouspellit!

O.K. -- I think others have had this problem, but I've been crying over my keyboard about it. CRPG's launcher pretty much pauses and refuses to continue at random points in the installation. The only way to get passed this point is to cancel the installation and try again, but then you get the same problem at a different point. I've downloaded the direct files and put them in my Modules folder, but of an outdated version which just froze my computer when I tried to use it.
Before I got Windows 7 I had Windows XP, and I had no trouble at all with the launcher, having only to restart the installation twice. If I'm having trouble installing it with a Windows XP computer, and a bran new Windows 7 computer, something is up, and I can't be the only one. Is anyone else experiencing this or knows what to do if this is happening? Maybe someone could link me to a CRPG folder download that I can just throw in my Modules section? I've been told that updating Warband will help, but I have Warband via Steam. This problem has been going on for a good eight hours.

So, someone help me out.
Please.
Seriously.
I'm sad.
 :(

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2011, 05:26:46 pm »
launcher stopped working. I tried several times to download it,and it always giving me this message.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2011, 05:41:42 pm »
solved,i just needed to install net frameork and put launcher in game folder.  :shock:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:48:36 pm by Mlekce »

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2011, 05:34:11 pm »
+1
I use Kaspersky antivirus for years. I never had a problem with cRPG Launcher until last night. Suddenly when I start Launcher, Kaspersky delete it immediately. Now I can only play If I turn off antivirus.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2011, 12:13:01 am »
Sagar, had the same problem, i just disabled KiS, added the launcher to exceptions and enabled KiS again. This way i can run it without it being instantly moved to quarantine. Even tho, i sent the file for analysis to KNS aswell, but still no response.

Funnily enough, when i run it since these problems, i usually get the Update error, like it cannot connect to server, but i can run the game just fine :) And on top, if i run it from portable drive, no problem whatsoever...

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2011, 02:32:24 am »
What launcher gets quarantined, cRPGLauncher.exe or WSELoader.exe?