Author Topic: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets  (Read 19137 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:39 pm »
(click to show/hide)

ahaahaaa what a nob
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2018, 11:07:35 pm »
+1
Changes to xbows:
-Light Xbow requires 76 xbow WPF
-Normal Xbow requires 100 xbow WPF
-Heavy Xbow requires 139 xbow WPF
-Arbalast requires 121 xbow WPF

Changes to bows:
-All bows received -2 to accuracy, a change that was never implemented when their damage was lowered a ways back, which gave them more accuracy then they needed
-Effective WPF curve changed to benefit agi-archers, their effective WPF has been raised

Did I mention that I love you?

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2018, 11:30:47 pm »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2018, 11:32:03 pm »
Just adapt, damn so much complaining.

I happened to notice that you are complaining.

Offline Telford

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Unionen
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Telford_X | Kalmar_Koenigstiger_II | Kalmar_Windhund_XIV | Kalmar_Silberloewe_II |
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2018, 11:35:04 pm »
Character?

That's what I thought about Kalmarunionen_Telford_X but I might be wrong, level 34 surely, cos I had ath points etc

(on top of my cav build**) I mean.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2018, 01:43:59 am »
+5
Yeah, throwing daggers were hit the most. Not sure what the point of them are when snowflakes are tons better and super spammable.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2018, 03:31:47 am »
+1
So for every tournament you get some cool prizes.  What are the prizes for topping Strat? A cool helmet?  A loom point?  20k gold? Just asking for a friend.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2018, 01:44:36 pm »
+4
Have you started giving out exchanges yet?

Need exchange for...

- Throwing Lance: Used to be able to carry 6 of them (2x3) plus 16 throwing daggers, now they are 1 slot/lance and therefore trash

- Throwing daggers: 1 slot now instead of 0, -2 damage, useless item now because inferior to snowflake in every way

Fun fact btw: basically every throwing weapon received a weight increase of around 50%. Should also ask for exchanges for my other throwing stuff, because thrower is just not worth playing anymore. Finally we can all be 36/3 and be gay! Next time you want to "balance" something, send me the list first. I can save you a lot of embarassment. But most importantly: next time you feel the urge to play around with numbers in text files: if it says "slots", don't change it. No. Bad.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2018, 02:29:07 pm »
+2

Need exchange for...

- Throwing Lance: Used to be able to carry 6 of them (2x3) plus 16 throwing daggers, now they are 1 slot/lance and therefore trash

- Throwing daggers: 1 slot now instead of 0, -2 damage, useless item now because inferior to snowflake in every way

Fun fact btw: basically every throwing weapon received a weight increase of around 50%. Should also ask for exchanges for my other throwing stuff, because thrower is just not worth playing anymore. Finally we can all be 36/3 and be gay! Next time you want to "balance" something, send me the list first. I can save you a lot of embarassment. But most importantly: next time you feel the urge to play around with numbers in text files: if it says "slots", don't change it. No. Bad.

Lol i didnt know throwing lances got fucked as well, hook me up with exchanges as well. Lance and dagger builds used to be one of my favs.

Changes to throwing:
-Several items were altered. These changes were implemented to curb the high abuse potential of throwing, and are likely to be followed by further changes. It's possible that the changes made today will be changed later

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:36:35 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2018, 02:47:24 pm »
+2
Post/suggest some tweaks if any weapons look out of place. I think throwing daggers / 4,6-point shurikens are a bit out of place at the moment compared to snowflakes.

Throwing lances were changed to 2013 ammo and power (with much higher accuracy), but there was some caution with the proposed damage increase to 55. I suggested toning it down from the proposed 2 slot 2 ammo to 4 slot 3 ammo or 1 slot 1 ammo at the last minute, so you can blame me there :). If it's too weak, I'll let the balancers know about it.

The two handed throwing axe will be able to keep the style that the old lances had with a similar damage output and 0 slot throwing weapon sidearms.

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2018, 03:40:38 pm »
+1
James, do you have a autoreact to forumposts? i see you upvoting and downvoting the second its posted lol  :P :P

And we need more polls for item changes and balancing, this is way to closed of from the public when its going on. sudden changes in classes and gear is not good for the playerbase atm

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2018, 04:07:16 pm »
+2
Just give out exchanges and do whatever you want. I have full faith in the team to balance the mod to shit. The only request I have is to stop calling people "balancers", only because they are privileged to change item stats. I can only speak for my own stuff, but everyting you did to it was shit. You made my barbed arrows and bolts useless, because you HAD to play around with slots again. I don't know when this really happened, but when I came back end of december that's what I found. Same with my precious donkey. It was now useless compared to the new mule and plated donkey. That was 3 items I reforged before I even heard about exchanges. You made the executioner sword 2-slot and robbed it of its niche, the only high-tier 1-slot 2h that had always been 1-slot from the beginning. Instead of admitting that you fucked up and reverting the change, there was talk about possibly making some other weapon 1-slot instead, just like with your brilliant "large" stones idea. Stones... first throwing weapon that was rendered useless, now daggers and throwing lance. Which one is next? It's only a matter of time until all ranged will be stationary because of item weight increases.

I know that realism doesn't count for you, but making 8 XL-dildo-sized wooden darts 0-slot while the same number of throwing daggers and shurikens(!!!) are 1-slot, that's beyond retarded. And it's almost as retarded to give higher damage to some ninja star than to throwing daggers. You would have to be one unlucky sob to actually get killed by a shuriken in reality. It's so light and poorly designed, it would probably not go any deeper into the flesh than a few centimeters, if it doesn't bounce off your shirt first. What an actual balancer could have done here is to increase the shuriken stack-size, like I suggested before, and leave damage the way it is. Then shurikens would have had their niche without having to fuck everything up.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2018, 04:09:11 pm »
James, do you have a autoreact to forumposts? i see you upvoting and downvoting the second its posted lol  :P :P

And we need more polls for item changes and balancing, this is way to closed of from the public when its going on. sudden changes in classes and gear is not good for the playerbase atm
First step would be to enable damage messages in the chat log again, so everyone can really judge balance and isn't left in the dark, if he doesn't happen to be an admin.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2018, 04:15:23 pm »

Need exchange for...

same here plz i need exchange for :
- Masterwork Throwing Lance
- Masterwork Throwing Daggers
- Masterwork Mercenary Sword
and because throwing is dead ... also for :
- Masterwork Jarid
- Masterwork Hunting Axe
thx (char : Merc_BlackbowThePimp )

... at the last minute...
this is probably the problem, plz dont do that anymore...

stengh of crpg was the variety of builds possible... now everything tend to be one unique same build (STR) for many class... variety is dead...
and imo if the majority of throwers was using throwing lances and daggers it was because the rest of throwing weapons was shit, not because it is op...

now with this change u just killed a weapon... nobody will use lances anymore...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:28:19 pm by Blackbow »

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2018, 05:12:59 pm »
I need exchanges too...  :rolleyes:
- Masterwork Jarid
- Masterwork Mercanary Sword
and for
- Masterwork Executioner Sword if still possible...

Those Items are on "Linux"
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.