Author Topic: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets  (Read 19137 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2018, 06:44:50 pm »
huh. I guess deciding to try and fix the mod when all looked hopeless was an attempt by big, bad, egotistical ol' me to hijack the mod. certainly, my efforts over the last few months can be solely reduced to changing numbers here and there, I've definitely not done any actual work. even so, I absolutely think that I'm the best developer to have worked on the mod, because I'm just so full of myself. despite the fact that I'm just a senior in college, I fully believe that I'm more qualified than any on the donkey team combined. I implement balancing changes because I think they will be awful and will be effective in killing the mod, and certainly would not revert any changes that had an ill-desired effect. in fact, I'm so stubborn that I refuse to ever admit to making mistakes, and am so arrogant that I can find no flaw in myself or my work.

sarcasm aside, I've said it before and I'll say it again. balancing is a process. changes made this week might be totally reversed the next. it's never been my intent to nerf classes into the ground, and I don't plan on starting that now.

I make mistakes. made one last night when I included changes to archery that I hadn't run past anyone else, that were different from what I had said I'd do. so I reverted those changes, and implemented the change that I actually told others I would make. which was the -2 to acc.

so you know, these changes aren't being made arbitrarily. currently, agi archery is rather weak, and I'd like to change that. but, that would likely mean buffing bow damage, which is something that will make str/balanced archers even stronger. to combat that, I'm looking to increase the difference in accuracy from agility to strength for archery. however, currently 30-9 builds see a slight difference in accuracy compared to 18-27 ones, even while wearing full plate. meaning that the acc changes aren't through just yet.

by the end of all this, str archers will do more damage, but be less accurate, while agi archers will both do more damage and be more accurate. that's the hope.

there you have it.

the incompetent developer, professor.

(click to show/hide)

the actual implementation of accuracy changes to bows, which is what I should have done in the first place
(click to show/hide)
And most of all, you want to make any hybrid builds impossible/useless. CRPG is boring enough as it is, without restricting every player to either melee or ranged. Question is, with what legitimation does one person and a handful of minions decide these fundamental design choices? You're not fixing stuff, you're just changing it to your personal taste. Anyway, thanks for sharing the party's plans for the future of the mod, chairman. And all it took was calling you an incompentent thief.

Maybe you can also share what you have done to effective wpf. Because you can't tell me that the extreme inaccuracy after the patch is just due to -2 bow accuracy. My bet is that an archer with ~120-140 wpf has actually less effective wpf now.

edit: btw if you want to do something about archers in plate, I've got a brilliant idea: why don't you increase the armor weight wpf penalty? I think it's entirely possible that this is what it was originally introduced for. And there's something wrong with your "actual implementation" list, too.

edit2: and maybe you remember that PD levels used to come with a wpf penalty (like throwing still does... or not... nobody knows aka "opaque game mechanics"). Since this is exactly what you are trying to achieve, have you tried re-implementing that instead of whatever you're trying now?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:05:05 pm by War_Ferret »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2018, 07:18:18 pm »
You and your balancer team are incompetent. You just hijack the mod made by better people than you and play around with numbers in text files, because you are not able to contribute anything else to it that would justify you being called "devs". You should have just fixed the launcher and left it at that. After all the recent bullshit changes, subtracting -4/-5 (after announcing a -2 nerf...) accuracy from bows finally does it for me. Now it's not even possible to have a steady aim with composite bow at 127 wpf and 8 PD anymore. You killed throwing and archery in just a few days. Enjoy balancing a dead mod.
Hell yeah, another ezmode archer gone from the mod, this patch really is great!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:01 pm »
Good puppy!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:23 pm »
So you guys are finally getting that melee only server you been crying for.
Anyhow any answer for my question Prof? I saw you in thread responding to clown story post which was after mine yet nothing.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2018, 07:27:24 pm »
Wait a minute hold on. If you are increasing the weight and nerfing damage of throwing daggers then the ammo count should increase. The only thing they are good for is interrupting archers and cav I can throw them at plate all day long and plate still lives to kill. If not then I would also like an heirloom exchange for them as well as light xbow and I will just go back to 12/33 4PS  4IF 11ath runner. Right now I am 12/30 4ps 4pt 10ath.

Where is the PLATE NERF by the way?
Plate currently is the only counter to ranged, nerf that and ranged will dominate the server even more than they already do. Nerfing plate right now is a horrible idea without first actually dealing with the ranged problem.

Anyhow any answer for my question Prof? I saw you in thread responding to clown story post which was after mine yet nothing.

Sounds good to me :D

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2018, 07:28:19 pm »
Plate currently is the only counter to ranged, nerf that and ranged will dominate the server even more than they already do. Nerfing plate right now is a horrible idea without first actually dealing with the ranged problem.
Dont kid yourself, if there was no ranged whatsoever the same people that claim they wear it because of "ranged" would still be wearing it.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2018, 07:29:19 pm »
Dont kid yourself, if there was no ranged whatsoever the same people that claim they wear it because of "ranged" would still be wearing it.
I'm not saying that they would stop wearing it because ranged were gone lol, people wear it because it's strong, and you need something strong to beat another thing that is strong, after ranged is dealt with then you can look at other things. 

I've given up trying to play any build that is agi dominant because you just get mowed down by a single arrow, there's literally no point. It's why I now have a 37/3 11 IF 11 PS character who can just tank through arrows, but even then, it's still possible to one shot this build in the head with an arbalest because you know, balance and shit amirite x\xddddDDD

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
I'm not saying that they would stop wearing it because ranged were gone lol, people wear it because it's strong, and you need something strong to beat another thing that is strong, after ranged is dealt with then you can look at other things. 

I've given up trying to play any build that is agi dominant because you just get mowed down by a single arrow, there's literally no point. It's why I now have a 37/3 11 IF 11 PS character who can just tank through arrows, but even then, it's still possible to one shot this build in the head with an arbalest because you know, balance and shit amirite x\xddddDDD
I never used plate in this mod and ranged has never bothered me. I play 12/30 on my agility char with a mw heraldic tabard and no helm and no IF dont get mowed down by 1 hit all the time.

Anyhow that's not why I am here, no idea why you dredged up a post I made a week ago its not like they are going to take that post serious.

I am just curious what happens at lvl 35 now- points or no points.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:27:17 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2018, 07:49:58 pm »
+1

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:42 pm »
+1
So...yea, you just murdered my build. RIP in pepperonis 30/12, hardly knew you.
(click to show/hide)

Quick question, was this intended/going to stay this way ? If so, is a free respec possible ?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Quick question, was this intended/going to stay this way ? If so, is a free respec possible  ?

I got one, so you probably should have. Message Uthyr or James on discord if you have it and ask for one, sure they would give it to you. If I could I would lol

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2018, 09:17:04 pm »
+1

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:26 pm »
+2
so str archer is nerfed? challenge accepted  :!: :lol:

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:20 pm »
+1
so str archer is nerfed? challenge accepted  :!: :lol:

It's not possible to go 10 PD anymore at all unless you put literally nothing in melee and athl. Good luck to you nonetheless if you want to have the accuracy of a thrower and the polyvalence of a 3/3 build in melee though.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2018, 09:32:42 pm »
+3
meant to respond to you but it totally slipped my mind. gave your character a free respec, let me know if that doesn't fix the problem. as far as I can tell respecs are giving out the correct amount of skill/atr points.

to others in this thread here's a hot tip. i don't want to cuck hybrid builds. in fact, it's going to take a bit but I'm planning to cap wpf based on levels of WM (4 WM allows you to invest up to 121 wpf into one skill, 5 WM allows the same but up to 139 wpf, etc), and give out additional WPF per level. that is, if you poured all of your wpf into one weapon type, that wpf amount would remain unchanged, but you would have some extra wpf to put into other weapon types.

as for archery, i was searching to increase the difference in reticle size between agility and strength builds. in doing so, other aspects of the class were negatively impacted. that's on me, not the balancers. so, i'll be spending a large portion of today getting archery balance at a better spot
shoot me on discord or real life