Poll

Ranged cap per team?

Yay
55 (59.1%)
Nay
38 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Ranged cap per team  (Read 3669 times)

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: Ranged cap per team
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:22 am »
I support an idea of class balance overriding banner balance though.
in past it was done by big clans stacking vs other clans stacks on eu1, in most big clans they had all kinds of classes, pikers, frontline slashers, agi going for flanks and naturally good cav and range.
Now semi stacks are much based on friendship than ability to demolish other team so yeah we need some 'wpf' balance (range,cav)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 04:14:21 am »
+7
I demand that I should be put in the balancers team.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 05:04:23 am »
+1
in past it was done by big clans stacking vs other clans stacks on eu1, in most big clans they had all kinds of classes, pikers, frontline slashers, agi going for flanks and naturally good cav and range.
Now semi stacks are much based on friendship than ability to demolish other team so yeah we need some 'wpf' balance (range,cav)

Byz stacks have obviously been rather big these last few weeks, but ive seen some others do it well too. It would be nice to see more enthusiasm in casual-competitive play by clans. Recruitments going again etc. Many seem to want to apply to us, but it feels bad to absorb too many players into one clan. Battles could change quite drastically if there was more interest in such things.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 06:23:38 am »
+2
Byz stacks have obviously been rather big these last few weeks, but ive seen some others do it well too. It would be nice to see more enthusiasm in casual-competitive play by clans. Recruitments going again etc. Many seem to want to apply to us, but it feels bad to absorb too many players into one clan. Battles could change quite drastically if there was more interest in such things.
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. mate we are just zombies runningh around

We should have hard class balance before banner balance that would fix like most of the situations.
Also Shields really should be 0 req. Whay melle class should invest in to 1 stat just to defend from other class.
Anyone can use pike to counter cav, every class have axes pierce dmg weapons long and short options.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 02:00:11 pm »
+4
This meme is the perfect example of melee having the wrong attitude when they try to deal with ranged.

I die to ranged, should I:
A. Review where we were on the battlefield? Where was my team? Any decisions/misplays that led me to this point?
B. Work on core-skills such as awareness of individual ranged (using 'tild') and timing dodges when I know the ranged will release?
C. Assume a single piece of equipment will balance the situation for me and make me instantly unbeatable vs their class?

I remember a Native clan skirmish way back in the days, where one of our cav got headshot from across the map while riding orthogonally and at full speed to the shooter. Instead of blaming the game we shouted at our cav, because he rode in a straight line without varying his speed for a few seconds. It's sad to see how weak the current generation is.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 02:10:46 pm »
+6
Ranged cap per team is an absolutely stupid idea. All of these 2h heroes who refuse to do anything to counter ranged, complaining about dieing to it all the time, whilst at the same time being able to tank on average 74,000 arrows, one shot any archer with their sword which practically outranges throwing weapons, and move at 3,000,000 mph.

If you ever die to an archer in melee, you're just not very good. It's like a level 30 pure duel build dieing to a level 20 pure duel build.

Hi, my name's rock, scissors is fine, but nerf paper, it's overpowered

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:16:00 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 02:57:16 pm »
+1
The most effective class I have played is 1h shielder with a spear. Counters ranged, melee and cav.

That was Kinngrimms build and thanks to his constant awareness of his surroundings and his persistance he was pretty much an undying force on the battlefield

there's not even need to put wpf into polearm, just full 1h/shield and a spear to stop cav, very effective when you stick to your team

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »
Just rebalance (aka shuffle) teams after each round.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 04:47:56 pm »
Get a shield you fkn baddies

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 04:49:01 pm »
+3
The banner balance is fine as is.
Most ideas are either uncodable or have a really high potential to break the game (nobody remembers the period of time where banner was either too rigid/too soft and valor/score was bizarelly taken in the equation? Who want that to happen again?).

There is tons of stuff to do in-game to "balance" your team but people dont appreciate that, in its place we have a very old playerbase that are becoming so passionate in their dogmas (or so far up their own ass, your take) about ranged/melee/throwing etc that they could create a religion about it and there would be people to follow them. Its just a game guys.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 04:55:40 pm »
The banner balance is fine as is.
Most ideas are either uncodable or have a really high potential to break the game (nobody remembers the period of time where banner was either too rigid/too soft and valor/score was bizarelly taken in the equation? Who want that to happen again?).

There is tons of stuff to do in-game to "balance" your team but people dont appreciate that, in its place we have a very old playerbase that are becoming so passionate in their dogmas (or so far up their own ass, your take) about ranged/melee/throwing etc that they could create a religion about it and there would be people to follow them. Its just a game guys.

Actually lmfao  :lol:  :lol:

"cRPG Religion" ... we need priests ...
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline chamber1412

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 05:03:05 pm »
+2
who cares about many ranged just play the tarnation game and deal with it, I die in 2 shots and I don't really care

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 05:37:27 pm »
No.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 05:46:01 pm »
+1
Just balance all ranged players evenly to both teams. Propably suggested already but am too lazy to read the thread.

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 05:50:41 pm »