Author Topic: GW2 General Discussion  (Read 33041 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: GW2 General Discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 01:28:40 pm »
Yup, I also did the mistake of entering another players inst. sadly for me he skipped the cutscenes, I pressed the reward button, thus can't do the mission myself, now one quest cutscene is gone  :cry:

NOOOOOOOOO, that sux. Isn't there a way to repeat them, or at least watch the cutscenes? I thought I saw a something like that in the hero window.
Pock gobblers

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 11:58:31 am »
What is everyone's opinion on salvaging? I've been salvaging everything up until now, but now that the Trading Place is up, I am figuring I'd be better off vendoring the item and buying the mats from TP...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:09:41 pm by Vibe »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 12:04:11 pm »
Random salvage for juste scrap  :|

So much easier to just buy it from the market, once its fully up. Also on my first day, I bought 15 lvl 4 axes for my necromancer, since market was bugged I kept pressing the buy button, and it got registered withouth giving me a note. So I ended up with 15 axes when I was lvl 20  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »
What is everyone's opinion on salvaging? I've been salvaging everything up until now, but now that the Trading Place is up, I am figuring I'd be better off vendoring the item and buying the mats from TP...

Salvaging ? I do it only for the monthly achievements. When i hit the quota, i just sell everything without bothering about it.
Then again, i guess people using leather for crafting would salvage more things. As a cook, this stuff is useless for me...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 02:23:10 pm »
Salvaging ? I do it only for the monthly achievements. When i hit the quota, i just sell everything without bothering about it.
Then again, i guess people using leather for crafting would salvage more things. As a cook, this stuff is useless for me...

Well yeah, obviously you don't need mats you get from salvaging if you're a cook :)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 03:02:49 pm »

Salvage the stuff that is expensive on the TP, sell the rest.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »
well since its really hard get money and using waypoints are 3 S sometimes so i stopped salvaging and selling items but still i am a bit broke

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 03:10:30 pm »
Yeah waypoint costs are an overkill. I mean I get it that they're trying to encourage you to go out and travel the world and explore and shit, but hell if I want to go from Divinity's Reach to Lion's Arch I'm not going to walk through the same 3 zones (all 100% done) everytime.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 03:27:17 pm »
Yeah waypoint costs are an overkill. I mean I get it that they're trying to encourage you to go out and travel the world and explore and shit, but hell if I want to go from Divinity's Reach to Lion's Arch I'm not going to walk through the same 3 zones (all 100% done) everytime.
Well i even calculated with asura gates ; using asure gate is not decreasing the cost u gonna pay for 1 time ; because u will be far away from asura gates also...

But i bought at least 4-5 rare items for level 60 yesterday so thats why i am a bit broke ; those items are really cheap on market

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 03:43:00 pm »

I'm not sure I understand... why not just use the Asura gate? Obviously you can't use it if you have to go from Divinity to Kessex, but Divinity to Lion's Arch is free.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »
I'm not sure I understand... why not just use the Asura gate? Obviously you can't use it if you have to go from Divinity to Kessex, but Divinity to Lion's Arch is free.

Well ok, that's one route, but getting to specific areas that don't have asura gate links is costly as well. Just porting in the same zone from waypoint to waypoint is costly. Btw I also heard that using >PvP tab >Go to Mists >Go to Lion's Arch >Use Asura gates is supposed to be a bannable exploit  :|

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 05:54:40 pm »
Well ok, that's one route, but getting to specific areas that don't have asura gate links is costly as well. Just porting in the same zone from waypoint to waypoint is costly. Btw I also heard that using >PvP tab >Go to Mists >Go to Lion's Arch >Use Asura gates is supposed to be a bannable exploit  :|

See you in 72 hour. -_-

Edit:

Got to love these glitches where you can't get out (PS. that boss has been there for 5 days impossible to kill)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 01:34:07 am »
so teleport cost scales with level? that sux I was expecting cost to be negligable later in game, im too lazy to walk everywhere, although i think i miss alot of DE's.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 07:14:55 am »
so teleport cost scales with level? that sux I was expecting cost to be negligable later in game, im too lazy to walk everywhere, although i think i miss alot of DE's.

Yeah they scale and it gets pretty costly.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:38 am »
Why is everyone on about 3 silver per teleport? (80) It takes a few minutes to earn that :L