Author Topic: Fucked up a weapon exchange  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Fucked up a weapon exchange
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »
Yes he could, in cRPG, and his reputation in my eyes grew immensely. In real life kinngrimm could have petitioned for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unjust_enrichment#United_States
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 11:32:28 pm »
I suppose in your country you can put things to auction unintentionally? Because this was not what he intended. This was a trade or a sale, not an auction, which are both consensual contracts. If there is no consensus between parties on important parts of the contract, the contract is null and void.

Sapienti sat.

And regarding your nasty comment about magical countries which you used to emphasize your ignorance, it only makes me assume that you don't know many places outside of US, real or magical, and very likely not even the legal system of your own country.

The sale was completed at the agreed upon price the second the purchaser clicked accept.

As for the second section, i noticed you didn't mention any specific country, any specific law or precedent, just an "i told you so" and a tired appeal to the "lol american's don't know anything about any country" crowd. Pretty disappointing, for a second i almost thought you might know what you were talking about.

Your link is laughable and has to do with unfinished contracts not items at point of sale. Did you even read the article?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:34:39 pm by Ylca »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 11:44:18 pm »
Your display of ignorance and inability to comprehend even some basic legal institutes is appalling. Go and hit the books, and learn something before you come to argue about things you don't have a clue about. And I didn't say anything about Americans, don't make it a national issue (next thing you'll be waving a flag and call me a terrorist). It was a personal attack against just another person who knows nothing about contracts an very little about law and tries very hard to sound smart on forum.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 11:47:04 pm »
Corwin is a terrorist.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:48:13 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 11:47:55 pm »
Your display of ignorance and inability to comprehend even some basic legal institutes is appalling. Go and hit the books, and learn something before you come to argue about things you don't have a clue about. And I didn't say anything about Americans, don't make it a national issue (next thing you'll be waving a flag and call me a terrorist). It was a personal attack against just another person who knows nothing about contracts an very little about law and tries very hard to sound smart on forum.

Again, you post a law that has nothing to do with what you're talking about in an attempt to appear intelligent, then you get upset when you are rightfully called out on your inappropriate usage of an irrelevant statute. Instead of defining your position you can continue to toss out stereotypes that really have nothing to do with me (flag waving and terrorism) but it's pretty obvious from this conversation who has issues with rabid nationalism and who does not. I'd like to say this is enlightening, but all it's really shown me is another well written person who sadly has nothing to say but rather enjoys filling space with words he doesn't particularly understand. Thankfully there will always be time for you to grow out of this "us vs them" mentality you seem to have about Americans, and over your inability to process information.

Have a wonderful evening.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 11:51:49 pm »
Corwin is a terrorist.

(click to show/hide)

Inevitable

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 12:03:47 am »
I really do suffer of "us versus them" mentality, but it has nothing to do with Americans or any other nation, for me it is "people who know what they are talking about vs people who don't". Needless to say, there will always be time for you to grow out of this second group.

And the link is relevant. You just don't understand it, cause you lack knowledge on obligation law. Ratio is as follows: trade or sale are consensual contracts. that means that there needs to be consensus between parties regarding the most important parts of contract such as item properties, price etc. If parties do not agree on all of these elements, there is no contract, it becomes void, ergo there is 'absence of basis', and you misunderstood the example given. The contract in that example became void, not incomplete or unfinished. In those cases this institute is applied, and it creates 'an obligation to make restitution arises, regardless of liability for wrongdoing'.
The reason why I didn't mention specific country is obvious, this institute is part of legal system of all continental countries, and being a remnant of Roman law, it is also incorporated in statutory law of common law countries. The fact that you don't know about it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Get it?

Btw, U mad bro?

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 12:12:32 am »
I love it when people rush up to show just how foolish the can be. By all means keep posting your "words of wisdom" that are wholly incorrect interspersed with 4chan memes.

"people who know what they are talking about vs people who don't"

I also love how you creatively took my own words about your lack of understanding and parroted them back at me. Though the more you write the more i understand how it might be difficult for you to come up with something fresh. Anywho rock on Rhodes Scholar, you'll go far with your deep legal understanding.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 12:19:33 am »
How the hell did Corwin end up being a voice of reason? This is completely in contrast with his previous appearances on the forum

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 12:21:11 am »
By all means keep posting your "words of wisdom" that are wholly incorrect interspersed with 4chan memes.

I had to make sure that there will be at least something in my post you will be able to understand. :)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 12:37:41 am »
I had to make sure that there will be at least something in my post you will be able to understand. :)

Yeah, i generally just write intelligibly and discuss point/counterpoints rather than going off on nationalistic tangents. That's just me though. If you're used to people who enjoy the memes, by all means i'm sure it will work wonderfully for you in the future since logic is obviously not your strong suit. Hell it's a medieval combat atmosphere so i guess it's only fitting you'd play the fool.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 12:38:32 am »
too many big words i don't understand anyways ;)
Jerks are in every nation in any kind of culture, political system, even in religions 0_0.
But then again :) there are those who surprise us with their good deeds like in this case.

moderator/admin please close this thread, as my fucked up weapon exchange was kindly undone.

Thank you again.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 12:40:07 am »
moderator/admin please close this thread, as my fucked up weapon exchange was kindly undone.

Thank you again.
Look all the way down, then to the left of the page. You shall see a "close/lock Thread" button.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 02:29:04 am »
This post shall be remembered.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 02:38:59 am »
No dont close the thread yet Kinn we want to see more drama woohoo

jerry jerry jerry!

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works