Author Topic: Banned from NA servers for playing the game fairly with fun builds.  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
Me and my friend have jacked up athletic throwers that we run around on servers with pelting enemies (Laquisha and Shaquita)

We were banned from all NA servers on ALL of our characters, including our non-STF serious characters.

Questions is, why? Did the admin think we had absolutely nothing on us and we were just leeching? We were naked but we had weapons, and of course we were kicked the second we were the last two alive in battle even though both of us had kills.

What do I do or where do I go about this? Is it permanent or is it 24 hr?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:28:04 pm by frell »

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Banned from NA servers for playing the game fairly with fun builds.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:33:36 pm »
...and of course we were kicked the second we were the last two alive in battle...

This is probably where the issue lies, the rules regarding delaying and affecting other players fun is pretty ambiguous so it's down to how an admin interprets it. Generally speaking characters that can run or move faster than 99% of the server such as high AGI distance builds or horse archers / xbows are generally frowned upon running off kyting people when everyone else on their team is dead. If I'm playing on a horse I'll generally dismount and fight if I'm the last guy just because I feel a bit of a dick riding around making everyone wait for me.

Argue the morals of that all you like, for your build to be effective you've sacrificed melee capabilities etc and need to keep at a distance. You're playing your build to its benefit just like a 2H sworder does yada yada. However, everyone on the server is able to have a chance at hitting a 2H sworder if he's last on the field, the same cannot be said for an AGI distance build. No one wants to spend 5 minutes watching some naked pair of AGI whores running around just so they can get valour.

But anyway, the admin no doubt warned you about it long before a ban was put in place if not:

What or where do I go about this?

There's a forum for unban requests here:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,5.0.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:35:19 pm by ZEE_BISHOP »

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:16 pm »
So if I was banned purely on necessary class based survival tactics why can't just that character be banned? We usually just find a lone person and go around them and pelt them with stars until they die and move onto the next, people in chat were getting a kick out of it and many people said "wow that made my day lol" :P If we were ever the last two alive before we usually run and people cheer us on, then when im out of stars I try and run in and punch people and run out without getting hit, it seemed like playful fun, but Id be careful to not tell my friend (over XBL) to not delay for too long because it isnt allowed. I've played CRPG for almost a year and a half now but hes semi-new.

Thanks for the link
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:46:09 pm by frell »

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »
So if I was banned purely on necessary class based survival tactics why can't just that character be banned? We usually just find a lone person and go around them and pelt them with stars until they die and move onto the next, people in chat were getting a kick out of it and many people said "wow that made my day lol" :P If we were ever the last two alive before we usually run and people cheer us on, then when im out of stars I try and run in and punch people and run out without getting hit, it seemed like playful fun.

Thanks for the link

Your whole account is banned because it's not the character that's being banned, it's you the player. Otherwise people would make troll characters knowing their "mains" are safe from admin reprisals. You've got to remember it's a multi player game and you're in a server with 100 odd other people around the world, from an admin standpoint the majorities "fun" comes before the individuals.  :wink: If it was about you being naked, shove a shirt on which is 0.2 and a pair of turkish shoes which are 0 weight.

I'm not an admin / mod so I can't tell you why exactly you were banned  :P Usually you'll get given warnings to change your play style or kicked long before you're banned. Unless it was a vote ban? Chances are it's just a 24 hour ban though, but good luck finding out exactly what happened.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:44:59 pm by ZEE_BISHOP »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:44:06 pm »
If you were running then throwing, you would be fine because you are fighting. But if you are out of ammo and run for no reason, then yes, it is punishable. If you run out of ammo, either run into the horde or pick up a weapon and start swinging. PS or no PS.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:53 pm »
+9
I think there was racist motive involved seeing as how two prominent black women in the community were both banned at once while enjoying the game innocently
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »
According to the logs you were banned by Tydeus. It was his judgement, He should weigh in on the issue in your unban thread

With that being said, your ban is scheduled to be lifted Later tonight. Looks like a 24 hour ban.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »
If you were running then throwing, you would be fine because you are fighting. But if you are out of ammo and run for no reason, then yes, it is punishable. If you run out of ammo, either run into the horde or pick up a weapon and start swinging. PS or no PS.
We never kept running if we ran out of ammo, we just went in fists a blazin.

According to the logs you were banned by Tydeus. It was his judgement, He should weigh in on the issue in your unban thread

With that being said, your ban is scheduled to be lifted Later tonight. Looks like a 24 hour ban.
We usually go out by the water (on the map we were on, tropical) to wait for lone people by the beach because flat land is easiest for us to maneuver on, but before we knew it we were the last 2 left and banned not even 20 seconds after.

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »
We never kept running if we ran out of ammo, we just went in fists a blazin.
We usually go out by the water (on the map we were on, tropical) to wait for lone people by the beach because flat land is easiest for us to maneuver on, but before we knew it we were the last 2 left and banned not even 20 seconds after.

If you're in a pretty obscure spot, naked with only the cheapest throwing equipment and the last 2 alive it's going to look like you're not only leaching but valour whoring. You've got people paying out the ass in repairs to wear higher tier equipment in order to help their team win and you're paying nothing and making everyone wait while getting an experience bonus it's going to bend a few noses out of shape  :P

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »
Last time I checked the winning team is determined by the top 3-5 players not everyone else :P And theyre STF characters so winning is useless (to me) but I still went for kills which is basically helping the team (and we did have a few kills)  we killed many horses and we slowed down alot of runners so archers could hit them
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:04:18 pm by frell »

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »
Technically you shouldn't be banned for this behaviour unless like bishop said it was cheap equipment and leeching instead of engaging. One of the big time devs stated that it was fine if you were playing your class, so last player xbow cav can actually delay like they always do. Polls can still go through cause thats the community aspect, but I don't know why Tydeus would ban you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SockpuppetSamurai

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »
I've noticed a huge double standard when it comes to this. I've played countless games where a large clan hx character repeatedly was the last person alive and delayed like no other. Comments in chat were, "he's playing his class". On other occasions a thrower of another large clan was repeatedly the last one alive and delaying against 10+ opponents but no warnings were ever issued. These examples happened over a the course of days and at different times.

Wanting to test my theory that "popularity" has a play in delay bans I created a non-recognizable STF character and intentionally delayed on separate occasions. The immediate result was an outcry from the player base to "ban he" and other complaints about delaying followed by warnings from the admins even though I was playing exactly as the others who delayed on a regular basis and had kills. I did not press any further fearing an account ban.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:18 am »
Nobody cares when Chucky_Tosser "delays".  I hope this wasn't the reason you were banned.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Kyza

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 01:44:11 am »
The irony of the double standard is immense - if delaying is going to result in bans, time for some HX to get some 24 hour cooldowns.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 02:08:51 am »
I do care when Chucky waste everyone time by trying to loot his axes when he's facing 11+ persons, and I wreally wish I could ban him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art