Author Topic: [Updated Nov 12th 2015] Tears of Destiny's General Guide For New Players  (Read 111700 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: Tears of Destiny's General Guide For New Players
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2015, 02:16:01 pm »
I have a few questions, but don't want to start a new thread:
1. How do I keep improving after hitting a wall? It seems like I've learned what I could, and now can occasionally block an attack, and rarely chamber one. I try to play as much as I can, but I'm not getting any better, still quite shitey. I've never received any valour either. It seems like the biggest problem to me is the well-equipped players who one-hit me and I don't do any damage to them, I just can't really learn anything without a chance to actually learn. I thought about training in single player, but even the most difficult AI is predictable, unlike players.
2. How do I get good equipment while still earning good gold? Farming with cheap gear is less fun than already losing every fight, and using good gear only occasionally, when I can afford to upkeep it sounds even less fun.
3. Is there any way to turn Strat silver to cRPG gold? I don't really play Strategus as it's confusing to me, and have over 1k silver that I have no use for.
Seems like every other player is constantly getting better while I remain the noob I was  :(

A good way to get better is to go on the duel server and just fight people. You'll lose like 1000 times and then the 1001st duel you'll perform slightly better. Then you do a 1000 more and you'll get slightly better. Eventually you'll be doing slightly okay. To make good gold, get on EU or NA DTV when they are populated(like 10+). On the later waves you'll be making ~3k gold a pop. Join NA or EU ones regardless of ping, if you work well with your team you can easily still perform well with 100+ ping. Unfortunately for strategus, you cant change silver to gold and 1000 silver is actually very little. If you want to get into Strategus, try applying for one of the factions and asking them to teach you. If you are NA you can join the strat faction I'm in, and if not you can always message me(Tristan_of_Erzoth) either on the forums, in game if you see me, or on steam(profile is in my forum sig).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline IamMe

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Ninja_IamMe
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2015, 04:23:18 pm »
WHen to sue which damage type?

Offline Boondock188

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2015, 06:31:37 am »
If you respec before your free respec, is there a longer wait time for another free respec?

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 01:07:03 am »
If you respec before your free respec, is there a longer wait time for another free respec?
I believe it is, you have to wait one week since your last respec, no matter free or not.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: [Update Pending] Tears of Destiny's General Guide For New Players
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2015, 03:48:50 pm »
+1
Guide is now up-to-date except throwers, HA, HT and cavalry. Feel free to write something smart and I'll include it.

Upkeep section still subject to change depending on the finalized upkeep system.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2021, 11:17:44 am »
+2
I have a few questions, but don't want to start a new thread:
1. How do I keep improving after hitting a wall? It seems like I've learned what I could, and now can occasionally block an attack, and rarely chamber one. I try to play as much as I can, but I'm not getting any better, still quite shitey. I've never received any valour either. It seems like the biggest problem to me is the well-equipped players who one-hit me and I don't do any damage to them, I just can't really learn anything without a chance to actually learn. I thought about training in single player, but even the most difficult AI is predictable, unlike players.
2. How do I get good equipment while still earning good gold? Farming with cheap gear is less fun than already losing every fight, and using good gear only occasionally, when I can afford to upkeep it sounds even less fun.
3. Is there any way to turn Strat silver to cRPG gold? I don't really play Strategus as it's confusing to me, and have over 1k silver that I have no use for.
Seems like every other player is constantly getting better while I remain the noob I was  :(

Crack cocain, my old friend dot. Try it.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login