Poll

Did you have more fun

Post-Patch (current version since 0.200)
Pre-Patch (old version, before the "big patch")
Hate you!

Author Topic: Fix List v210  (Read 19944 times)

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
Re: Fix List v210
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2011, 12:32:24 am »

- Don't like the nerfing of mid & low tier horses. Armored horses were the problem... NOT unarmored Light Cav. Making upkeep prohibitive on Light Cav pushes the mod in a very ugly direction.

I second this part
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:11 am »
Yeah nerf the price and upkeep for horses w/out armor, and buff the price and upkeep for armored ones.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:21 am »
i think .210 is best so far

- dont change to much

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:35 am »
+1
I see two ways to improve upkeeping mechanics :

- lower upkeep costs, make retirement cost gold (so you actually use your gold for something)

- don't change the upkeep costs. Instead, each generation gives you a set amount of gold each day. Something like 1000 gold per generation per day. So heirlooming becomes a really good thing for casual players, while the gold/day won't help hardcores much.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 01:00:36 am »
What's wrong with accuracy?  Reticule is the size of someone's head when they're roughly 30 yards away, how much smaller do you need it to be?
my brother's when you run
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 01:26:39 am »
- xbows seems useless now, since archery got buffed and the upkeep of xbows is crazy high
I can use siege xbow with mediocre armor (blue over mail, kettle helmet, rest leather) for like 3-4 rounds, until I run out of gold and have to run around in padded jack and light xbow for 5-6 rounds (not fun btw, which I thought this mod is about, especially at level 29). Btw that means that I get two shotted by every archer and the damage of light xbow is not that great either

- why does warbow + bodkin arrows cost 12-13k while siege xbow + steel bolts 19-20k?
Archers are strong and can maintain their gear easily, xbowmen are strong, but cant use their gear that makes them strong most of time because of (see above)

Overall, I can see that xbows are strong as secondary weapons, but these changes made pure xbowmen not fun to play. Maybe change so the accuracy scales with wpf, or that reload is even slower with low wpf, and gets to the same level as is now when you hit 130 or so. Just something that will punish ppl for using xbows with no wpf.

EDIT: Also I agree with the statement that every change is better be done in little steps, especialy if it involves changing the balance of whole classes.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:32:03 am by Nemeth »

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:26 am »
i believe xbow is now a glass cannon.
and he made it so high is because he didn't want people in high price heavy armor with xbows
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 03:13:22 am »
The only 2 things that were bothering me before the big patch were Plated Charger and xbows.

As you all remember, almost every melee carried an xbow because of its incredible power, amazing precision and low skill investment.  I think you fixed both these problems quite well now. If you, however, do any changes with xbows please have in mind archers as well. We are after all dedicated ranged class (Power Draw) and it would be sad to see xbows become a better ranged weapon of choice.

Offline Nick_Larking

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2011, 03:22:41 am »
-Plated chargers are still op, they are expensive but making things expensive isnt a reason to make it OP. Besides once you got everything you want you dont need money anymore.
-Archers seem to be ok now, on some maps they are OP and some maps they get their shit pushes in hard by cav or tincans. It still takes quite abit of arrows to take someone out with decent gear so i believe its fine, really depends on the terrain and on the movement of footmen. If you are a meleer wearing leather/low end mail ofcourse you are gonna get killed in 3-5hits by an archer especialy when standing still. I do believe armour could effect accuracy abit more then it does currently.
-lower xp from 30 to 31, cut it in half orso.
-Weapons are fine if you ask me, maybe some changes to certain stab animations wouuldnt be to bad.
-make throwing weapons require more wpf before becoming good.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:10 am »
i believe xbow is now a glass cannon.
and he made it so high is because he didn't want people in high price heavy armor with xbows

Then my proposal is to make xbows' accuracy scale with wpf, making them near useless with low wpf, and leave it how it is now when you reach the 100+ area.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 04:05:19 am »
So so so so much better now than prepatch.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 04:42:46 am »
Then my proposal is to make xbows' accuracy scale with wpf, making them near useless with low wpf, and leave it how it is now when you reach the 100+ area.

Xbow accuracy is scaled with wpf - the reticule gets smaller with more wpf; with 0 wpf the size of it is laughable. So effectively you are proposing no change at all, as majority of xbomen have ~ 100 wpf now. Other guys do not use it due to very hight price.

Damage is questionable, not accuracy. And price. And understand me well - the change does not have to be radical.

The solution I see:

- make xbow near useless by enlarging reticule even more with 0 wpf.
- I agree - keep the size of reticule identical as now with >100 wpf  (steeper progress)
- increase dmg slightly - 75 pierce was optimum
- decrease the price; so that upkeep of a siege xbow costs appr 650g (not 873g)

In this way the xbowmen become a class. At the same time, they will gain ability to defend themselves in melee, and that is necessary  due to long reload time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:04:24 am by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tritan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2011, 05:03:40 am »
Archers are FINE.

Since there are so many whiners, i'm guessing its inevitable that archery will get nerfed for some retarded reason. The MOST they should be nerfed if at all is by 1 or 2 dmg points.

Most arrows honestly barely hurt me, and I wear only 11k in armor.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 05:04:28 am »
Ah, didn't know about the accuracy. Didnt really noticed it while leveling, thought wpf only makes you reload faster (or so I was told). I do like your changes though, even though I  wouldn't really push for damage buff. Siege still hits like a truck, the not usable-on-horse ones still stings and the lowest ones are useless (though I wouldn't mind buffing Light Crossbow, for some HA love ^^)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 05:06:06 am »
I've always used an xbow as a mail armored, 1h character.  I've put quite a bit of wpf into it since the big patch.  It really seems useless now.  It probably is better to switch to throwing axes.  Upkeep cost for the xbow is definitely too high.  It makes the xbow prohibitive.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:07:56 am by Turkhammer »