Author Topic: Ranged balance  (Read 963 times)

Offline 22nd_Hawk_Cmdr_Harlequin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ranged balance
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:35:40 pm »
Lately I saw it pretty often, that most of the ranged get autobalanced in one team, leaving the other one there just to be freely sniper. Just yesterday happened, 3 Ha and 2 archers + 6 crossbowmen in the same team while we had 1 crossbowman and 1 archer...

Isn't there any way to fix it? Putting any kind of balance that take count of ranged?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Ranged balance
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:46:02 am »
Same thing happens with cavalry too. Would be a bit of work for it take weapon choice into consideration.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:17:35 am »
It's often like that .... Ranged vs Cav

If there isn't any cav , the other team get shot by so many ranged, you'll rarely see the same ammount of ranged in both team fighting each other... same thing with cav, it's always like 6-7 vs 1 or 2

The problem is that most of them are like friends or same clan so they use the banner balance to be in the same team ... I think of Acre or Cavaliers on NA or NA Fallen... Maybe creating an "Enhanced Banner Balance" could be made by putting priority on banner, then weapon selection .. but it would probably be hard to make, specially for cav as they don't always start as cav when they join ..

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 08:22:26 am »
Its probably just luck, but I swear it always puts everyone with a shield on one team, and I'm never on that team.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:25:12 am »
Its probably just luck, but I swear it always puts everyone with a shield on one team, and I'm never on that team.

Cause those 3 guys really matter.   :P
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 08:38:18 am »
Cause those 3 guys really matter.   :P

Heh, true. Well, I find they matter more when you only have 8 ammo and run really slow.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.