Author Topic: "Warning: you have at least one character without a password!"  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Funderburk

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Coming back from a break, whenever I try to log in it says "Warning: you have at least one character without a password!". I follow the link it prompts and it just dumps me on the login screen again, logging in again just repeats the cycle.

Have logged in on CRPG in game, character still exists etc etc. Help?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: "Warning: you have at least one character without a password!"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »
I get this too...I just click on the "character" or "equipment" link and go on my merry way.

I don't know what this is.  It never used to come before, so I hope it goes away. :)

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:54:29 pm »
This mean one of your alt doesn't have a pw.

This is a security check, as some mf try to hack char of other players.

To make it simple you should change password for all your char (and use a non-easy-findable pw).

Offline Funderburk

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:06:39 pm »
Okay, I got that much but the problem is I can't ignore it because it doesn't give me any other options, and I can't set a new password to make it go away because the link doesn't do anything.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:21:28 pm »
Can't you change your password before you log in?

Offline Funderburk

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:30:49 pm »
Nope, the way it suggests when I click "I forgot my password" is "Create a new character using the same Warband copy (i.e. the same serial key). After you are logged in you can switch to other characters sharing the same serial key by clicking on the character name in the top-left corner"

Doing so just creates the same error.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:41 pm »
Have you tried logging in to Crpg with that chraracters name and your password?I reset my PW before the site change when it was white background etc.and it made all my characters pw the same.So now if I create a new character I cant get to its char sheet or equipment page til I use the characters name in the log in screen(I have to type its name as my user name but still use the same password).Then after I do that I can access it from the drop down list on top left instead of being dumped to log in page.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:46:34 am »
Ok, this is what you are doing, simplified version.

You have a character named X. X is your main dude.

You also have character Y, Y is your alt. Y is just a peasant and you only logged in with Y once from ingame and thus a character named Y exists.
Since you never logged into the webpage with Y, he does not have a password.

When you so log in with X you get a message that you have a character (mr Y) that does not have a password. This means, if someone, let's call him Mr.Haxors, knows the name of Y, then he can login with the name of Y and choose a password for that character. He can then switch to your main (X) and sell all your stuff/retire/sell your heirlooms to him etc.

So, when the link brings you up to the login page again it wants YOU to login as Y so that Y gets a password and nobody else can set a password for him. But you continue loging in as X so Y still does not have a password.

There are two ways you can fix this.
A) Login as X, press settings and check the box for change password for all characters. Then write down the pass pluss confirmation (the password again).
B) You get the name of Y, go to the login page and login with him with a password of your choice.

B is the most simple, but A is the most secure can't-possibly-fail way.

Hope this helped.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 08:40:52 pm »

There are two ways you can fix this.
A) Login as X, press settings and check the box for change password for all characters. Then write down the pass pluss confirmation (the password again).
B) You get the name of Y, go to the login page and login with him with a password of your choice.

I have the same problem and unfortunately i can't remember the name of the character I have that needs a password (i can't even remember creating it) so unless I continue to sit here guessing then option B isn't possible :(

Option A meanwhile is also not possible as I can't actually get beyond the warning screen to press settings.  The only option available to click on the warning screen is to "set a new password".

Any other ideas?

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »
Nevermind - sorted

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 09:36:54 pm »
Nevermind - sorted
Never, EVER do this. You had a problem. Posted it, then found a solution BUT DID NOT TELL US! Please do so. There are other people, some even in this thread, that has the same problem. If you found a solution then please write what it is or if it is already posted then write that and maybe a short reason what you misunderstood since you couldn't do it the first time. Ok?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia