Author Topic: Loosing all multiplicator if team looses.  (Read 2068 times)

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Loosing all multiplicator if team looses.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 07:04:32 pm »
+2
The average multiplier with 50:50 win:loss would be 2.167 if a loss resulted in a -2 to the multiplier.

(click to show/hide)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »
The average multiplier with 50:50 win:loss would be 2.167 if a loss resulted in a -2 to the multiplier.

(click to show/hide)
In other words in the proposed -1 system it would make more a difference if you win 70% instead of 60%, or 50% instead of 40% of rounds. In current system there is a lesser difference between these players, but its a much stronger difference if a player wins 80% of rounds in stead of 70%. I was very sceptical when I read the OP, but this way put it sounds like a very good proposal and a better system.

The -2 per loss is too similar with the current system, I think.

Thank you again for awesome graphs, WaltF4!

Offline Linx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Keepers of Abaddon
  • Game nicks: Shadow_Linx_of_Abaddon
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 07:51:18 pm »
Better team deserves victory andn xp/gold right? Isn't that what the fucking multiplier system is based on?

The thing is, it's usually 5 really good people and the rest of the team sits around doing nothing. For example: Tydeus, Goretooth, Geon, Dan on one team and the auto-balance throws 5 extra people on the other team to compensate. Quantity over quality amirite?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 02:21:52 am »
I agree with this.  Winning should me +1 multiplier.  Losing should be -1.

I hardly ever have 2x..and when I do its usually only for 1 round.  Getting up to 4x is a miracle, and doesn't last long either.

Give us a break!
Hear Hear I concur as well,with the autobalancer its hard to even hold on to a multiplier after getting flopped around so much which in turn adds a bigger grind and lessens the fun IMO.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 03:48:52 am »
-1 is way too easy. I would definitely be happy with -3, even. That way, people with x5 multipliers will go down to x2 instead of x1. -2 still seems too forgiving. There's also the fact that upkeep and other such balancers are designed around this multiplier system, and how much they expect us to make.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 07:48:17 am »
100% behind +1 up -1 down. On map flips it takes a couple of rounds for the auto-balance to even things out so there is really no reason to punish the unlucky, its nothing to do with the skill of the individual or the team when one team is accidentally stacked in the first round.

How many times have we all been auto-balanced off the winning side and onto the loosing side only to have the x5 blown to pieces.

There is no good reason for punishing the players. It can be really disheartening for new players to find them selves on the arse end of a winning streak. Having there x2 or x3 ripped away from them like candy from a baby (I'm assuming you've all stolen from babies and know what I'm talking about.)

Also that last 4million xp is a... TOTAL SON OF A BIOTCH! OMG 4 FREAKING MILLION!!!

If x's went up and down at the same rate you would spend much more time in the region of the great multipliers and so be happier and less prone to hunting chadz down with a knife, not that I would, but other people well I can't speak for them and their murderous intent.

EDIT: as for upkeep, if that is an issue with a more rounded and player friendly +1/-1 x system then compensate with an increase in upkeep costs. As the upkeep costs stand I they are  not very well balanced, they aren't bad but some times it is totally random. I was wearing my best Armour kit (Tin canning it as best I could) and went for 8 rounds with out paying any up keep at all. Not to mention a bizare glitch gave me Rusty Heraldic Transitional Armour for no reason, didn't own it, didn't buy and it only showed up in game.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:13:36 am by dangah »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 01:07:47 pm »
This just looks to me as a way for people playing in large groups to keep their multiplier through the round before banner balance each map.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project