Author Topic: Shielder (offensive)  (Read 34857 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Shielder (offensive)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 10:38:18 pm »
im all about the 12-24. 8ath 8wm 8shield 4ps 1if 172wpf

its not a very forgiving build when you make mistakes, but if you know what you are doing, you can fight multiple opponents at a time and either survive a long time, or win. also excellent for team play and slaughtering archers who think they can kite you.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 10:56:30 pm »
I'm currently leveling a shielder and I can say that 4 PS glances SO much more than 5 PS.
4 PS glances on just about anything that resembles an armor. Dunno how 4 PS works out for you, but it sure as hell didn't work for me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:58:04 pm by Vibe »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:30 am »
I'm currently leveling a shielder and I can say that 4 PS glances SO much more than 5 PS.
4 PS glances on just about anything that resembles an armor. Dunno how 4 PS works out for you, but it sure as hell didn't work for me.

Depends a lot on the weapon you're using. The axes work well, or the slash only swords, or any of the blunt or pierce weapons. I have a 13/24 shielder and I don't think he ever glances with the military hammer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 04:05:15 am »
yup. i use masterwork grosse messer or mighty broad one handed battle axe. you need high cut or blunt or pierce. steel pick is a good one for sure.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 07:36:39 am »
Hm I guess that could be the reason, I was using a low cut damage sword.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 08:23:03 am »
Oh, never saw that thread...

Well, after a lot of generations testing for the best 1h/shiled build for me, I actually found the "24/15 without IF"-build mid-january. I'm the player who gears up (with a multiplier equal or higher than 3) with my Lordly Transi and best stuff all around and then mostly being seen to be the first in contact with the enemy line when it comes down to linebattle. Wading through the enemies, leaving first line for my companions to kill and meanwhile cleaning up the back from ranged fools. :D Very good build to play aggressively imo. As I'm not into short weapons, I'm still using my Nordic Champions most of the time, so I need as much power as I can get for my hits.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 12:51:31 pm »
Aren't you a bit slow in transitional, though? Ever tried lighter gear?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 01:06:39 pm »
In many ways, i'm like Lansamur.

Heavy armored shielder to hold our line or break through the enemies. Designed to be effective under alot of pressure, and able to withstand a whole lot of pain.

Taking light armor usually resorts in me dying too early.

Offline Kansuke

• Earl
  • Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:30 pm »
Same as Ramses and Lansamur, 7 IF and heavy armor works great in clusterfuck fight, I prefer weapon with high speed and good lenght, now using Elite Scimitar but I tried Niuweidao (shorter but insane speed and damage), Nordic Champion Sword ( a bit slow for me) and Axe (which I think are better for defensive playstyle).

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 02:01:03 am »
Great guide--I very well may try out the 24/15 build, though my reasons differ from others in so far as I am a 1h/shield cavalry player. The ability to 1shot kill my targets is essential, because I've only got one chance. The extra HP may help me survive the arrows and slashes to my feet better.

Regarding armor: it depends. Sometimes I want to tank it up and cut bitches. Sometimes I wanna float like a butterfly and sting like a bee with light armor and a scimitar.

Anyway, I have another protip. The overhead slash is excelent at dehorsing charging cavalry, though it requires good timing and a quick side-step away from the horseman's lance. I'm amazed at how many ponies I can kill by simply standing in the open and waiting for somebody to come at me (bro).
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Lansamur

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 02:23:29 am »
Aren't you a bit slow in transitional, though? Ever tried lighter gear?

That's the good thing: I'm not really. I can easily compete with same builds or even agi-builds, either because I deal way more damage, or sometimes because I had better timing. If he starts the same time as me, he might beat me, but tbh, when does that ever happen? It all comes down to timing. Back-Hand slash to the head onehits most of my opponents there.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 08:17:12 am »
That's the good thing: I'm not really. I can easily compete with same builds or even agi-builds, either because I deal way more damage, or sometimes because I had better timing. If he starts the same time as me, he might beat me, but tbh, when does that ever happen? It all comes down to timing. Back-Hand slash to the head onehits most of my opponents there.
nah its like that he takes 5-6hits and 1hits the other shielder if he makes an error like strenght build vs agj builds..  :D

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:09 am »
with the current metagame you can't take 5 hits, except from a low str 1 hander, it happens to me to be 1 hit or 1shot, quite lame

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 11:21:49 am »
i know was just joking, if you have the timing, know your weapon well (reach etc) you can play fine with heavier armour. But well i Prefer a more agj based build like 18/18 or 18/21 with less weapon master.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 11:57:52 am »
with the current metagame you can't take 5 hits, except from a low str 1 hander, it happens to me to be 1 hit or 1shot, quite lame

Well, I had several "wtf"-moments when I needed 5 hits (with 8 PS) on another shielder (and there were no glances) in mid-tier gear. It can happen. Fortunately, most people bounce or glance off my armor, that's another reason why I'm wearing it most times. It let's me ignore most hits, and when it's finally time to concentrate on the real fight and not just pushing through like a wegde, I still have more than half my HP, which is enough to kill 3 people at least, when I've a good run that is and don't fuck up.