Author Topic: How to fix throwing  (Read 8108 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
How to fix throwing
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:59:34 pm »
the exact same way archery was fixed ages ago when archers used to go went pure str and do way to much damage. make powerthrow inc damage but not accuracy aswell. make throwing wpf actually decently effect accuracy, and required for accuracy. this way to be an accurate thrower you need agility aswell as str, unlike atm where you just go pure str for the most accuracy and damage. this indirectly reduces the damage of throwing because pure str throwers will become very inaccurate.

EDIT:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

throwing wpf is currently not worth investing it at all. even more useless than xbow wpf before .200, since you can get way more accuracy from pt.

playing a thrower is not fun because of the randomness and innaccuracy of the projectiles. remove accuacy from power throw, make throwing wpf increase accuacy ALOT. and throwing instantly becomes more fun and viable.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:47:34 pm by Banok »

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anarcho-syndicalism
  • Game nicks: Deathwind, Morsventus, Zelos
Re: How to fix throwing
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:31 am »
Pure throwers have no shield or very weak shields, so they can be picked off by archers easily. They also have little to no agility and they have to be closer to the fight to throw effectively. Throwers were already nerfed with the patch as their throw speeds and range have decreased significantly.

edit: They're a high risk, high reward class. Archers can sit further back and usually have high agility so their ability to fight in melees is a lot better than a thrower.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:38:29 am by Deathwind »

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:37:26 am »
I find throwers annoying but they aren't overpowered in my opinion.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:45:03 am »
the exact same way archery was fixed ages ago when archers used to go went pure str and do way to much damage. make powerthrow inc damage but not accuracy aswell. make throwing wpf actually decently effect accuracy, and required for accuracy. this way to be an accurate thrower you need agility aswell as str, unlike atm where you just go pure str for the most accuracy and damage. this indirectly reduces the damage of throwing because pure str throwers will become very inaccurate.
I have always been a thrower, and after reading this it seems to me that you know very little about throwing. Throwing has been nerfed, the speed on the shot is so slow now, it seems like when i throw my lances am throw papper ballz around. Its like now you when you throw you have to lead ur shot ahead of the person about 3 sec or you will just miss.Yes maybe war darts and daggers can do damg and are easy to throw but that is just because you other dont have a sheild or are wearing light gear. 2hander will cry when fighting a thrower but only if they knew how hard it is to throw. Getting to 30 str to throw makes you soooo very slow, and you have to leak points into throw wpf and into pt..meaning your fighting skillz will be weak, most throwers suck ass till late game around lvl 20+
Also thorwing weapons often gose tho the person up close, almost like they were a ghost... i hope one day that will be fixed, so to sum it up, light damg shitty weapons are easy to throw, but the better items are hard to throw... (i can talk about throwing for hours lol XD )
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:49:15 am by Native_ATS »

Offline Kaliffen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:53:10 am »
But, why, then, Is there so many throwers right now?

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 12:57:36 am »
But, why, then, Is there so many throwers right now?

Because of the overreaction to archery nerf.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 01:05:24 am »
there are so many throwers because people are giving up archery because it was nerfed way to much, an insane amount in fact. so now ppl are becoming throwers to compensate fot the fact that there archer charecters are now a useless joke. Until archery is buffed somewhat to a reasonable lvl we will see plenty of throwers on the battlefield
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:13:33 am »
fools this was not a "How to nerf throwing" thread, but how to FIX.

it depends entirely how it is implemented it could make throwing much more powerful or worse.

but most people agree throwing does too much damage, and imo its too inaccurate I hate the randomness of it when I play thrower. so with this suggestion throwing could be innacture but powerful, weak but very accurate or a mix of both depending on how you spec your character.

it add class diversity which is currently completely lacking for throwers.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 01:32:44 am »
I love throwing the way it is and i dont think it needs anything
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 02:18:18 am »
I'm sorry mate but it's not about what you love, it's about 2h/poleaxe users wanting to run carelessly on the battlefield fearing nothing except people with longer 2h/poleaxe weapons. Archers got their bit of hate, now it's whine about throwing time.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 03:07:30 am »

EDIT: I do not thinking throwing is overpowered, I think it is broken. see my post below.

I support this entirely.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Mr_Moe

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 03:11:14 am »
Seems the Archer nerf isn't as bad anymore, I see more and more Archers right now who seem pretty accurate. Okay they do less dmg but if they hit u more often u are dead anyway.

In my opinion throwing is not op at the moment as u all say. But something should be done.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:39:08 am »
but most people agree throwing does too much damage

I am not sure this is a true statement. So far in this thread, it sounds like your "most people" only includes you. I played a pure thrower since I started CRPG, and throwers got a HUGE nerf post-patch.

I think throwing is fine. The only thing that needs changed is shoot speed on the weapons needs buffed back towards the way it was pre-patch. Maybe not all the way, but perhaps a happy medium.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline audax

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:43 am »
I am not sure this is a true statement. So far in this thread, it sounds like your "most people" only includes you. I played a pure thrower since I started CRPG, and throwers got a HUGE nerf post-patch.

I think throwing is fine. The only thing that needs changed is shoot speed on the weapons needs buffed back towards the way it was pre-patch. Maybe not all the way, but perhaps a happy medium.
Yes. And more accuracy, just a little bit.

I got a bit flamed for using lances but really, I only have 2 per stack and they cost me a fortune. Also their flying speed is very low, it's more of a shotgun. Moar speed and accuracy. Please :/

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 03:48:15 am »

I see alot of people whine about throwing damage, see this thread

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,710.0.html

only reason people posting "throwing is fine" here is because 90% of the people attracted to read this thread are throwers.