Author Topic: Multi-clan huge battle tournament event... or something  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Multi-clan huge battle tournament event... or something
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:28:26 pm »
New suggestions for rules:

1) Clans can sign up depending on size:
a) 20 participants with 8 substitutes b) 15 participants with 6 substitutes c) 10 participants with 4 substitutes and d) 5 participants with 2 substitutes.

2) Each clan will then be seeded according to anticipated skill lvl. This will be created from popular opinion and results in other tournaments. When a clan receives a seeded value each member of that team counts that many points.

3) Teams will then randomly be put together so all teams come as close as possible to equal seeding points.

4) We have to decide if we want team sized of 30-40 or 50. What do you think?

5) Round robin tournament with

6) Shogunate tournament equipment restrictions per 10 players.

old post
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:29:38 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-clan huge battle tournament event... or something
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 01:30:35 pm »
Wait, so teams of only 30 people? That's hardly huge. Also, the 15-man requirement locks out basically all clans that have less than 25 members.
Don't.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 01:39:35 pm »
I see your point. What do you suggest?

edit: 4 clans of 10 persons each?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:41:13 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 01:46:40 pm »
Just ignore what okin said, if you want to organise a clan tournament for large clans then thats what its for.

And 30 is huge compared to the 8-10 man that have been running lately.

25 players should ok im sure you could get at least 6 clans with that ammount.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 01:48:04 pm »
After having played a quite number of huge battles in native, I have to suggest to settle up something like "attacker/defender": 5 rounds are played with a team forced to attack the other and then swap them. Otherwise in random maps it becomes a boring "wait for flags" (with all the bugs involved with flags and random maps) or one team gets a better spawn point and exploits it.

So imo there should be Team A should attack for the first 5 round, then for 5 round it's Team B time
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »
Ok I revised the original post. Check it out.

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 02:11:39 pm »
new post rules coming.

old post
(click to show/hide)

i may be taking this in a diffrent way than you might want it to go but here it goes *Only A Suggestion*

why not get 2 clans that want to go together and then let them sort out the teams because i know that some clans dont like eachother
take the Risen for Example they do not like the mercs (or so i have heard) but if the Risen and mercs were put to gether then they would fall out even more.

and say if one clan has 12 people thats all they can get online and the other clan has 18 players online then they should be able to even it up by have 12-18 on the same team.

as i have said before these are only my suggestions

Electro.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 02:30:43 pm »
i may be taking this in a diffrent way than you might want it to go but here it goes *Only A Suggestion*

why not get 2 clans that want to go together and then let them sort out the teams because i know that some clans dont like eachother
take the Risen for Example they do not like the mercs (or so i have heard) but if the Risen and mercs were put to gether then they would fall out even more.

and say if one clan has 12 people thats all they can get online and the other clan has 18 players online then they should be able to even it up by have 12-18 on the same team.

Electro.

I get that a lot of people might dislike random teams, but... we just risk smaller new clans not to have a chance to participate because vets dunno recognize them.

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 02:39:48 pm »
I get that a lot of people might dislike random teams, but... we just risk smaller new clans not to have a chance to participate because vets dunno recognize them.

very understandable and i respect that.

hope it works out for the best.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »
Without this in any way being official yet or this being an official subscription to participate can I get a show of hands from clan leaders if they would like to participate in this?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »

Electro.

stop talking shit electro

mercs are perfectly fine players, only some people of us have problems with a couple of mercs, say gtx-bjord etc, doesn't mean we hate the mercs.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 02:54:09 pm »
The Fallen Brigade might organise more big clan battles in the future. We learned some things at the last one here. (It was actually the Risen that took the initiative, credits to Thovex for that)

That said, i'm sure the Brigade would be very interested in joining this kind of event.

To the points you raise in the OP Tristan:

This seems like a good setup, but what exactly do you mean with the substitutes? What are they allowed to do, and what aren't they? For example, do you mean they can ONLY substitute for their own clan, or can they substitute for others as well? Allowing them to substitute for others makes things harder to mess up as far as i can see.

2. and 3.
This seems fair, but who will be the judges of this? Representatives from each of the clans? Maybe the referee? (See further below)

I think you can decide for every event how many players. Some events will inevitably be more popular than others, and i think its best to decide for them individually.

5. and 6.
Although i believe we should have some restrictions, i believe the restrictions on the shogunate tournament is too hard for this size of battles. 3 ranged per 10 players? That makes only 15 out of 50 players, and only 10 of these can have the same kind of ranged. If this is pulled through, a very large part of my clan can't participate.

To make some restrictions, i believe we should do one of these options:

Give upkeep to the server.

Have restrictions on cavalry and heavy armor.

Cavalry and heavy armor is obviously overpowered without upkeep. Everyones gonna run around in plate and use cataphract or plated charges if we don't do this.

I like Astinus idea of having some objectives for the teams. If possible, we should try and implement this.

Also: We're gonna NEED a referee that is not affiliated with any of the clans participating. Maybe even more (Since its hard to keep track of 30+ players)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:04 pm »
By substitutes I mean people who can be at the event in case some people don't show up.

I like you're ideas ramses.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:03:16 pm by Aemaelius »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »
Jep, sorry.

Well it's a good idea, some of my suggestions are:
Limit nothing, so no clans get disadvantages to anybody, maybe keep upkeep on... but you have to talk with Meow about that, if not you are getting a DB disconnection.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 04:28:36 pm »
upkeep doesn't fit well with a competitive enviroment cause it just force people to grind gold to sustain their armor. No upkeep and plate spam is the fairest solution imo.

Also I think clans should be allowed to choose their teammates rather than autoassign them, you want to have reliable allies not unknown people that might not appear or just suck.