Author Topic: Yeah.. I dont care..  (Read 21752 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Yeah.. I dont care..
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2011, 06:27:43 am »
Ugh, of course.  And now the guy starts making excuses to not give it back.  If people are going to be scumbags at least have a little pride in it.  Either you're a garbage human being who gets an item you didn't earn or you're a nice person who gets good reputation, but don't try to have it both ways and pretend like you're justified in ripping people off.

How the hell did this guy rip him off???  All he saw was an item for sale he wanted and accepted.  Then rather than calmly pming/IRC the guy that it was a mistake and not intentional, Uthred rages on him (the guy still was nice enough to make overtures of returning) as if he was the scum of the earth, then puts on drama like a 16 year old girl and posts  arage-quit thread about how the whole community is trolls and horrible because 1 guy bought his item that he himself made the msitake of listing for 5K.  NOT ONCE in the whole thread did he ever accept responsibility at all, but blames everyone else.  And then you EU guys keep kissing his admin ass about it, the guy has been acting like a child and should be treated like one.  GO IN THE CORNER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO APOLOGIZE!
Yes, it sucks you sold your heirloom for 5k instead of 500K (you were selling it by the way so you wouldn't have had it eitehr way.  But you guys need to stop supporting his childish temper tantrum, seriously who the hell would hire this guy as their lawyer.  NO fucking dignity or humility.  Do you see the guy kingrimm who this happened to go on a rage blaming everyone else?? No.  I actually have a lot more respect for Xol for being willing to calmly talk to you and offer to get you your heirloom back.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2011, 06:37:04 am »
As a lot of people have been saying, sad to see you go mate, ride it out and get back in there!

I don't want your last words in game to me to be "You made me rage quit" either, that kind of makes me laugh though.
Chin up and get back on your horse and smack some people over the head, you'll feel much better.

Also, on a side note, Xol is an upstanding guy who has helped me out with a market trade, he is true to this word and i'm sure he'll go through with giving you back your items.

If you do leave however, good luck with everything you do.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:38:54 am by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2011, 06:58:31 am »
I was hoping to just get this over and done with quickly, but that apparently isn't going to happen, and I feel obligated to make a post explaining my actions, just so everyone is clear on the exact events that transpired.

First, I checked the marketplace.  I saw a MW Langes Messer for trade for a Long bow.  I went and bought a long bow.  The trade was still up, so I accepted it.  A few minutes later, I checked my character page and noticed I had two messages:

To: Xol_dfc
Subject: Re: marketplace transaction
hey xolvern!
pleease give me the mw back

Subject: Re: Re: marketplace transaction
xolvern im serious please give me the mw langes messer back

Now, up until this point I had assumed this was some kind of deal I had happened upon at the right time.  So, I responded with a simple question:

To: Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg
Subject: Re: Re: Re: marketplace transaction
Why?

I received the next two messages very shortly afterward:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: marketplace transaction
why? cos i WRONGLY put it up there.. do u really want to keep it, though u know it was my mistake?
dude i am a fucking admin lol sure u wanna do that?

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: marketplace transaction
i put up longbow for +3 langes messer

Now, I'm a pretty reasonable guy.  As I stated multiple times in IRC, I'd be perfectly happy to give the item back, provided he apologizes for this line:
dude i am a fucking admin lol sure u wanna do that?

I don't fault him for being upset.  Anyone would be upset in his position.  All I want is an apology.

Also, to address this, specifically:

Ugh, of course.  And now the guy starts making excuses to not give it back.  If people are going to be scumbags at least have a little pride in it.  Either you're a garbage human being who gets an item you didn't earn or you're a nice person who gets good reputation, but don't try to have it both ways and pretend like you're justified in ripping people off. 

I have made no excuses, and I don't intend to rip anyone off.  I don't want to profit off of this transaction no matter what Uhtred ends up doing.  Should Uhtred return and apologize, he gets his item back.  If he either doesn't return or doesn't apologize, I'll end up giving the item away one way or another, whether it's an extra bonus to the next lottery winner, or the next tournament winner, or simply to some noob player who I happen to see using a Langes Messer, I won't be seeing a penny of profit from it.
boop

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 07:27:37 am »
He's a fucking admin dude, you sure you want to do that?

But in all seriousness, can we please strive for the creation of coherent sentences, I don't even care if you misspell or fuck up your grammar, but please make it coherent. One would think by looking at this post, and the rest of these forums that this little mods community is comprised of autistic bundle of stickss (LLJK not withstanding). For now, for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to assume the OP is mentally handicapped and unable to post in any coherent language.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:31:57 am by Classical »

Offline Shpongled

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • Totally shpongled, mate...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Shpongled, Merc_Shpongebob_Tightpantsh, Merc_Shpongtastic
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2011, 07:30:07 am »
I'm with Xolvern, that was unnecessary. However, it is pretty obvious that it was a mistake, and I can see how your query of 'Why?' might have been recieved with a bit of a sense of humour failure by someone who was probably quite stressed at the time.

Over-reaction, though I would suggest that a mea culpa on your part would ease the situation.

You see a mw put up for a basic item you don't think 'Oh that's a good trade, I'm a lucky guy'

you think 'Oh that guy made a mistake he won't be making again, bingo.'

I doubt there are many of us who would pass up the offer, but I also doubt there would be many who wouldn't give it back with good humour.

"I gotta turn down my merc application as i was in a pub and would be of no use to you. Maybe it's good for you in the end, although i was motivated to see the first merc's defeat ever in strategus."
 --- Beauchamp

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2011, 08:06:58 am »
How the hell did this guy rip him off???  All he saw was an item for sale he wanted and accepted.  Then rather than calmly pming/IRC the guy that it was a mistake and not intentional, Uthred rages on him (the guy still was nice enough to make overtures of returning) as if he was the scum of the earth, then puts on drama like a 16 year old girl and posts  arage-quit thread about how the whole community is trolls and horrible because 1 guy bought his item that he himself made the msitake of listing for 5K.  NOT ONCE in the whole thread did he ever accept responsibility at all, but blames everyone else.  And then you EU guys keep kissing his admin ass about it, the guy has been acting like a child and should be treated like one.  GO IN THE CORNER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO APOLOGIZE!
Yes, it sucks you sold your heirloom for 5k instead of 500K (you were selling it by the way so you wouldn't have had it eitehr way.  But you guys need to stop supporting his childish temper tantrum, seriously who the hell would hire this guy as their lawyer.  NO fucking dignity or humility.  Do you see the guy kingrimm who this happened to go on a rage blaming everyone else?? No.  I actually have a lot more respect for Xol for being willing to calmly talk to you and offer to get you your heirloom back.

I'm not an EU guy, and I know nothing about the dude who lost his loom and I've said exactly nothing about him.  I'm saying if you're going to screw someone at least be a man about it.  Whether he ripped him off at the time or not he's now fully aware of the situation and he still hasn't given back a thing.  He's claiming he deserves to screw the guy out of 100s of hours of work because the guy stopped asking him politely after the second time?  Seriously?

And now that he's posted the full messages it's not even that bad.  He said he's an admin.  What's there to apologize for?  Is he not an admin?  Why would someone need an apology before doing the right thing?  What sense does that make?  It's the act of someone looking for a way out.

The problem is you see one person acting childish, and I see two people acting childish. 

I have made no excuses, and I don't intend to rip anyone off.  I don't want to profit off of this transaction no matter what Uhtred ends up doing.  Should Uhtred return and apologize, he gets his item back.  If he either doesn't return or doesn't apologize, I'll end up giving the item away one way or another, whether it's an extra bonus to the next lottery winner, or the next tournament winner, or simply to some noob player who I happen to see using a Langes Messer, I won't be seeing a penny of profit from it.

Awww, he hurt your widdle feelings and now you feel entitled.  Make sure you act like a drama queen about it.  You hold that item high above his head and you say "You better apologize or I have a flimsy excuse to act like a piece of shit, and I'm sure as hell going to take it."

The guy made a mistake, panicked, and acted poorly afterward.  Now you're acting poorly for no reason.  You could have just given it back but you decided to milk it for some attention.   

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2011, 08:09:20 am »
Uhtread i can spare 20k if thats a comfort for you dont leave man.... :(
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Appe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2011, 08:54:40 am »
Uthred.. Long time ago I had full lordly black set with maxed boulder on stick... Then things went as they did cause some couldn't handle me siege shield hiding (alot of archers) and killing whole teams and so I deleted char in rage after several uncalled for kicks..

Now I'm back and stuck in a ninja build that I accidently mained (my real main Appe had 2 loom points I had forgot about.. oopss..) and now I am selling my only loom point as a prostitute on the street..

Moral of the story? Some people have it alot worse! Hope you stay.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:56:25 am by Appe »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2011, 09:34:46 am »
I'm not an EU guy, and I know nothing about the dude who lost his loom and I've said exactly nothing about him.  I'm saying if you're going to screw someone at least be a man about it.  Whether he ripped him off at the time or not he's now fully aware of the situation and he still hasn't given back a thing.  He's claiming he deserves to screw the guy out of 100s of hours of work because the guy stopped asking him politely after the second time?  Seriously?

And now that he's posted the full messages it's not even that bad.  He said he's an admin.  What's there to apologize for?  Is he not an admin?  Why would someone need an apology before doing the right thing?  What sense does that make?  It's the act of someone looking for a way out.

The problem is you see one person acting childish, and I see two people acting childish. 

Awww, he hurt your widdle feelings and now you feel entitled.  Make sure you act like a drama queen about it.  You hold that item high above his head and you say "You better apologize or I have a flimsy excuse to act like a piece of shit, and I'm sure as hell going to take it."

The guy made a mistake, panicked, and acted poorly afterward.  Now you're acting poorly for no reason.  You could have just given it back but you decided to milk it for some attention.
Stop acting so naive. He didn't state "I'm and admin" he threatened Xol with his admin powers, and thus a ban. If you're not bright enough to realize that, you thereby forfeit your right to have an opinion in this discussion.

There are very few things I hate more in video games than seeing an admin abuse his powers. I'd have simply told him to kindly fuck off if he threatened me with a ban like that. I remember seeing chadz state his protocol for things like this in IRC, it went something like this:
1. Laugh
2. Laugh
3. Think about doing something
4. Laugh

Now because he's an admin he "might" be able to get it back, but were he any normal person, he'd have no hope of getting it returned. This would be doing an injustice to all the people that have lost items/gold in this manner and never got reimbursed for it.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2011, 09:40:52 am »
I'm a fcking dev. Give me his MW instead or you'll regret it.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2011, 09:41:14 am »
Trololol?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2011, 09:47:54 am »

/win

i <3 u  (and beer)
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:56 am »
I am a lawyer

Not another one of those ? I thought one was more then enough......well, you should know that your "class" has a booked place in hell so you'll have the whole eternity to find that guy down there and get a payback for this theft.  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:21:37 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2011, 10:16:46 am »
:o
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2011, 10:22:53 am »
Uhtred, don't be dick, you behaved in childish way, he demand apologies and he have moral high ground for it. Threatening him with your irl or in game position is stupid. Have balls to admit wrongdoing.