Author Topic: Buying it or nah?  (Read 16498 times)

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
Re: Buying it or nah?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 04:16:19 pm »
+1
If anything taleworlds went too safe. They didn't try to add any real meaningful additions to the combat such as stamina, which means pvp fighting is still 100% about spamming+timing with no real tactical considerations.

I hate you.

They even removed chambering

It's still in the game, but it's completely broken right now. Luckily they have acknowledged it and it will get reworked at some point.

I'll still definitely be getting it. The combat has A LOT of problems and most "veterans" aren't really happy about the state of the game. However, for me, it still has the best combat system if we leave Warband aside. I'm in the mood for hopefully a new active M&B multiplayer scene, even if it the combat doesn't quite match up to WB in it's current form.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 05:48:44 pm »
It's still in the game, but it's completely broken right now.

I heard it's still in, but I've yet to see it. Unless you mean it's so broken it never happens at all, which I would argue means it's not in.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 06:10:27 pm »
I heard it's still in, but I've yet to see it. Unless you mean it's so broken it never happens at all, which I would argue means it's not in.

It happens but it's rare, it's really finicky and the timing window is very small. The best players pull it off maybe ~20% of the time if they are just practicing chambers. Any time you see it in an actual fight it's pretty much always random luck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 07:08:04 pm »
+3
Combat is so laughably clumsy and slow in Bannerlord, jesus. Gone is the smooth and crisp combat of Warband, in favor of............ this mess. After Mordhau, it feels so amateurish, and it doesn't even have the good sides of Warband to make up for it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 08:55:48 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bTJTnFxQR4

Is this video true? Seems like combat system is more complicated then before. It reminds me of ideas OKAM had.

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2020, 04:10:52 am »
+2
I'll buy it...

don't know if tomorrows release will be any different than the current beta (prob not) but....

I Currently still don't like the class system with fixed armor/weapons.  Combat is ok, but needs some more work IMO.  Combo Spam will be the word of the day come monday.  just keep clicking to win if your armored up.

Chambering is hard to pull off.  Throwing is ass IMO or just seems MEH.  Shield 4d directional is a nice welcome since it makes you have to do more than just hold one key and block everything.  Mounted combat is ok.

If anything someone is gonna mod and make it better hopefully.

hope to see different MP modes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2020, 03:40:04 pm »
Damn, the combat AI is even more fearless than Warband, and it can read your mind, too.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2020, 04:52:57 pm »
Yeah... I thought about it, and considering the current state of affairs mortality-wise, went and bought it with the -20%.

Is it just for me that Multiplayer crashes often?

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2020, 05:03:19 pm »
I crashed like twice during the Beta, but some people are crashing left and right.

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2020, 05:04:26 pm »
Yea ive heard some ppl tell me their game kept crashing aswell. Game hasnt crashed for met yet tho.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2020, 07:45:45 pm »
Hm
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2020, 08:55:25 pm »
+4
Let's see if they can pull it off

taken from the crpg discord channel

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2020, 09:12:05 am »
+1
What's up with the flinch mechanics? Just started and it seems like it's impossible to fight 1vX because people don't get flinched, they just attack through damage and you get swarmed by retards as a result.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2020, 09:15:51 am »
SP seems alright. What do you gain by blocking correctly with a shield? Seems like you can still block even if you don't get the direction right.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2020, 09:56:38 am »
What's up with the flinch mechanics? Just started and it seems like it's impossible to fight 1vX because people don't get flinched, they just attack through damage and you get swarmed by retards as a result.

You have to hit them with the tip of the weapon and in approximately the middle of the animation, to make people flinch. It's not too bad, could be better. A bigger issue for me is that friendly fire is off, so people just swarm.

SP seems alright. What do you gain by blocking correctly with a shield? Seems like you can still block even if you don't get the direction right.

I find it very barebones. You can't even ask an NPC how the realm is doing! Also the campaign menu navigation is giving me a headache. Why couldn't they just use the Warband layout?
Very underwhelming. Maybe I am not far enough into the game yet, but it feels like there's barely anything to do other than chase looters around, which by the way is a pain in the ass on Realistic movement speed.

Not sure you gain anything, but you can get hit around the shield, if you really suck.