Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019  (Read 20806 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »
+2
At this point the only enjoyment I get out of this TV show is the flood of subhuman IQ tears and whining.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2019, 04:52:50 pm »
I didnt hate this last episode as much as i couldve. Theres some relief in it being over now, like watching your hospitalized granpa finally pass after being in so much pain. And i guess the cinematography is still good combined with nostalgic music to cover up the awful writing, stealing my emotions really, but whatever.

Dany dying was nice, even though it made me laugh how it played out. I just wanted some death really.

Sansa becoming kween is dumb, but i guess she is supposedly smart now in the show.

The North becoming its own kingdom, and no one else asking for independence was a lil strange but whatever.

Bran becoming king is something. I guess it helps being an oracle to make decisions, but i dont know how much lords will respect him considering he is barely human. I hate his dumb dialogue "You were exactly where you needed to be" oh fuck off, and then he says nothing more.

Oh well, time to move on. Cant wait to get 3 shitty star wars movies written by dumb and dumber. In some ways im thankful to them for making this the last season. If they had decided to go with 2 more full seasons, i cant but imagine there being a ton of plot holes and just dumb desicions sprinkled over. Instead we get it all boiled down into 6 episodes of only dumb decisions. 2 more seasons couldve felt like a lot.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2019, 04:55:36 pm »
+1
But even more notable is that nearly all of the small council members are, uh, men. The sole exception, so far, is Ser Brienne, whose feats have entirely been achieved among her male peers within the field of battle, and whose strength has been framed in purely masculine terms. She has this in common with the only two remaining female contenders for the new small council, Arya Stark and Yara Greyjoy. Each of them has succeeded as a fighter alongside the men around them; each of them has, to some degree, overtly rejected displays of femininity. The implications are clear: Women who explicitly embrace traditional femininity will not be making decisions for the future of the six kingdoms of Westeros.

Lol stupid cunts

'Game of Thrones' series finale recap: A disaster ending that fans didn't deserve

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-game-thrones-apos-series-025617185.html

Lol retarded normie fucks.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2019, 05:08:13 pm »
+4

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2019, 05:17:51 pm »
Can we get the second half, Oberyn?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2019, 05:18:51 pm »
+1
Ser Podrick Payne, best character development hands down. Happy for him :)
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2019, 05:27:17 pm »
+1
Can we get the second half, Oberyn?

That's...that's the joke you fucking mongoloid.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2019, 05:53:43 pm »
Of course, the final season was extremely problematic on the level of basic storytelling. The plot issues were so large that it is impossible to even try to address them. But, you know – whatever.

The bottom line is that the feminist friend-loving queen is dead and the autistic incel rules the land. This is true justice of the highest possible sort

Unironically agree, based D&D suck so bad at their jobs they sucked in the globohomo retards with typical "modern" themes and tropes. They also seem to have forgotten GRRM's claim to fame was creating a grimdark fantasy series whose entire point was to play with and subvert typical fantasy tropes. All the retards who thought they were getting a Disney ending btfo.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2019, 06:01:59 pm »
+2
The reaction of idiot cunts if they had even an inkling of self-awareness should be this:

But vast majority never saw themselves as Sansa, the naive wide-eyed innocent brainwashed by fairy tales, even though that's exactly what they are.
They saw themselves as the Yas Slay Kween Mary Sue trope, and when THAT trope was subverted it was like a personal attack on their entire belief system. So fucking good.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2019, 06:10:10 pm »
I like how they "broke the wheel" by introducing even more kings to Westeros than there were at the start of the war, and the Big King will be chosen by a council, which has worked SO well for real countries that have tried it, like HRE, and hasn't at all predictably caused civil wars...

The actual sensible, realistic option would've been for all of the kingdoms to agree to rule themselves. It made no sense to choose one over-king... except for the North, which gets to be its own kingdom, for Reasons
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:14:05 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2019, 06:16:21 pm »
+2
Yeah almost as if the world is locked in an eternal struggle, say, perhaps a sort of tune or song, where thesis and antithesis form a new synthesis endlessly, almost like a repeating cycle of Ice and Fire.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 20, 2019, 06:16:29 pm »
Not only this episode didn't make any sense as expected, it was also the worst kind of bad - boring. The music was good i guess?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2019, 07:08:25 pm »
+3
IMDB user ratings:

Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »
+1
Not only this episode didn't make any sense as expected, it was also the worst kind of bad - boring. The music was good i guess?

some shots were absolutely perfect, composition, colors... maybe the nicest episode visually...  gotta be satisfied with at least something :)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2019, 07:22:27 pm »
IMDB user ratings:

4.7 now for the last episode, tied with Dexter for the lowest rated series finale ever. I'm glad the normies are shitting on this awfulness as well, because D&D deserve it. The ratings are of course extremely unreliable as gauges of actual quality, as evident by the fact that s05-7 were rated so highly, even higher than 01-04 for some of the seasons. But they do show something of what the general public thinks.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.