• Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Fishing
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:37:59 pm »
+5
Couldn't find a thread about it so starting one.

Began fishing a few weeks ago, incredibly fun! Have had a hard time getting some, but got my first one today actually! And my second and third. Got a small, 1kg pike and two perch.

Anybody else fishing?

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Re: Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 11:54:10 pm »
Congratulations on losing your virginity x 

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 12:35:31 am »
Did a short session but then after that the weather has been poor. Will try to get on it as well. Pike sucks but perch is pretty tasty. Was hoping to learn to cook some perch this year if i can catch some, im terrible at cooking in general but i do love eating fish.

Do u fish alone? I always set out with a pal, but i think i should do some solo queue because the relaxation of fishing isnt at its peak if someone is there with you.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:45:27 am »
lol, norrlänning fishing, no surprise there. Everyone says Perch is tasty, will see tomorrow. Haven't tasted Pike afaik but I can tell you now it smells like shit.

I've been either fishing by myself or with my brother/friend. I actually bring a radio so I can have it playing something while I'm alone. It's very relaxing. Was listening to the Sweden-Denmark game last saturday as I brought some food and went out on the lake.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:57 am »
Are you fishing on a lake, river or a stream?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 01:42:04 am »
+1
We've got some pretty good salmon game over here in the north, but it is a bit further north from me and ive never really delved into it. Pretty easy to get into fishing if you are from around here, hell all of sweden has like rivers and lakes everywhere.

But yeah pike afaik is a ton of bone and meh meat, ive never tried it because ive always been told its trash. Get the hook out by any means that doesnt involve losing your fingers and then release back, ez.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
Re: Am I fishing? 1.0
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 02:10:11 am »
+1
I do a bit of beach fishing a few times a year for flathead (tasty Oceanic fish), usually with family. Solo does sound relaxing, I don't have my own rod or anything yet though. What equipment are you guys using?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 01:26:38 pm »
+1
GF and I do a fair bit of lake fishing during the summer. Mostly Perch and Bass. Went 8 or 9 times last season. Great fun, helps that we have a little inflatable boat that we can pack up and bring camping with us. Pack the motor up and we can fish easily in any park we visit.

Lakes around here are pretty great, years ago they were stocked with fish and the populations are very high. Came across these guys spawning in the river when we were up at the cottage last month. They are white suckers, haven't eaten them myself but I have heard they can be good even if they are a bit of work to cook properly.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 03:07:55 pm »
+4
I actually bring a radio so I can have it playing something while I'm alone. It's very relaxing. Was listening to the Sweden-Denmark game last saturday as I brought some food and went out on the lake.

Not listening to the peaceful trickling of water and the sounds of nature in total harmonious silence while fishing smh.

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 10:08:17 pm »
+1
my buddy has a river in his backyard that feeds to the ocean and he's only 12km from the mouth so legally we don't need a license to fish there. i didn't get a bite last night but he caught a 29 inch trout and i'm still upset he refused to share
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 11:50:25 pm »
+3
The Department of Environmental Conservation stocks fuckloads of tiny lakes, rivers and even ponds here. If it's state land and it's near a road, there's fishes in them waters I tell you what. Mostly perch and bass. There's a good natural population of catfish and bullheads around here too. I really like one of those caught from a clean, fresh body of water. They really soak up the terroir and if you get one from a shitty lake it will taste foul as fuck.

I like to bring a big gallon bag with me, put a 1/2 cup to 1 cup of marinade or curry paste and fixins in there. Catch a few small fish, gut them, toss the good bits in the bag and start a fire. They soak up plenty of flavor by the time the fire is ready for cooking.

Dark soy sauce, garlic, ginger, fresh chili chunks. If you fancy go ahead and replace soy sauce with curry paste or fermented black bean sauce.

Olive oil, garlic, black pepper, fresh rosemary and thyme.

Natural peanut butter, fish sauce, curry powder, coriander seed, fresh cilantro.

Bring a couple limes. Slice and use half of them in your beers, half of them when serving the fish. Sides are one of those instant alfredo noodle packets and a can of corn that you open and just put in the edge of the fire pit. Hunger is the best seasoning, so make sure you get a good hike in before dinner time.

They are white suckers, haven't eaten them myself but I have heard they can be good even if they are a bit of work to cook properly.

ayy that's cannibalism  :twisted:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 01:32:24 pm »
+1
ayy that's cannibalism  :twisted:

Made this joke myself lol. Good name for a fish.