Author Topic: MapleStory 2  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
MapleStory 2
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:14:20 am »
+1

Yeah, you betcha, Maplestory 2 is finally coming out. We've all been waiting for this, right? /s

So its finally dropping in western countries after only being released in asia and i believe it was recieved poorly there. I've been following it a little on and off for years, but you never know with asian releases if they ever decide to send it over here. It just seemed like i should give it a shot since the original is close to my childhood and i still find it genuinely interesting to play at times (through private servers)

I dont even know what to say about the graphics design, original maplestory had an extremely charming style, this looks a bit goofy and doesnt really do it justice but im not completely turned off.

Gameplay in second video looks a bit like a wacky action rpg, like diablo esque, looking at the berserker class skills and stuff actually made me a little bit interested in playing. I was ready to go in with a mindset of completely playing for goofs and gags, spoofs and laughs but im surprised i may enjoy it for a bit more than expected if it holds up in other parts. I'll be streaming (twitch.tv/lord_siking) beta if i get in on that stuff which i will make an effort to do, they have some kind of sharing the game roadmap that the first 10k that finish it all get confirmed invite, all the parts are not out yet though.

Could be fun for a bit. I saw some fishing in a video so thats cool i suppose. Honestly yearning for some mmo to sink a bit of time in, and i could easily do it in this and since its free that'll make it even easier. I was actually considering playing Project Gorgon, which looks absolutely wacky and fun but the price tag put me off. Im not picky at this point.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2721
  • Infamy: 1906
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: MapleStory 2
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:33:35 am »
+1
mmos are so 2004
maplestory is so 2005
minecraft graphics are so 2009

play fortnite like other 12 year olds or get a second job. with this high rate arrival of refugees you'll need every penny to fund welfare state in order to support them.

do you know why this isn't 2d handrawn graphics? because my two and half old newphew won't look at 2d cartoon, just give him cgi toons. whole generation of people are coming who will see 2d drawn pictures as we see telegraphy communication, for example. look at cuphead, that is old farts game. kids don't play that.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:51:58 am »
+4
mmos are so 2004
maplestory is so 2005
minecraft graphics are so 2009

play fortnite like other 12 year olds or get a second job. with this high rate arrival of refugees you'll need every penny to fund welfare state in order to support them.

do you know why this isn't 2d handrawn graphics? because my two and half old newphew won't look at 2d cartoon, just give him cgi toons. whole generation of people are coming who will see 2d drawn pictures as we see telegraphy communication, for example. look at cuphead, that is old farts game. kids don't play that.

You seem rather upset recently, whats going on over there? If you want someone to chat to, you know, dont send me anything but im sure theres someone out there that'll listen. Good luck out there bucko.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:20:41 am »
+3
I've noticed leshy is getting a bit grumpy in his old age too. Might be time for an Aussie holiday, lesh; we can go surfing, have a barbie on the beach, pat some wallabies idk. You just need to chill out, man.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:14:10 am »
+3
Another case of a game that looked much, much better when it was 2d. 2d with good artstyle is superior in almost every way to shitty 3d.

That being said, MMO scene is hella dead for the past few years. I'm an MMO player by heart and it saddes me that we haven't had a proper new release in years. I'm so fucking thirsty for an MMO. So I don't open a new thread, Bless Online is coming out next month: http://store.steampowered.com/app/681660/Bless_Online/

Generally a themepark MMO like Bless Online would simply fly over our heads, but due to there being such a drought, people are actually getting excited for this. Shit, even I'm somewhat curious how this will turn out and will most likely play it, if early reviews are good. Just goes to show how thirsty the MMO playerbase is.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 11:07:41 am »
+1
played Maplestory 1 for a while but it was just too grindy for me

2 looks interesting, but if it failed in Asia then I don't have any high hopes

only good thing yet is this gif here

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 12:21:13 pm »
+1
Yeah I was a big fan of the retro 2d style and I did really enjoy the original. Could be interested if it does turn out to be fun.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Thicc lolis the game. I think i can come to appreciate the style, but it sure is rather disappointing and ugly at first look.
Asia has a kind of different scene when it comes to games, so it failing there doesnt necessarily mean its going to be unappreciated here. They do like a lot of pay2win elements for example.

(click to show/hide)

Hey that doesnt look all too shabby, i'll probably give it a go as well. MMO scene is really craving something, only thing ive played is private servers of mapelstory and WoW, if wow classic came out now theyd have an insane launch but it still has no info at all.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 631
  • Infamy: 89
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 05:13:26 pm »
I've noticed leshy is getting a bit grumpy in his old age too. Might be time for an Aussie holiday, lesh; we can go surfing, have a barbie on the beach, pat some wallabies idk. You just need to chill out, man.

I always wanted to be like Crocodile Dundee but afraid the moment I step foot on Aussie desert will turn into Chris Hemsworth which will make every female from Saskatchewan to Fiji want to fuck me and I can't bear so much attention being introvert nerd and all that shit ya know.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 07:06:33 pm »
+2
Saskatchewan

How do you know about Saskatchewan  :shock: WHO TOLD YOU

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 07:57:19 pm »
Another case of a game that looked much, much better when it was 2d. 2d with good artstyle is superior in almost every way to shitty 3d.

That being said, MMO scene is hella dead for the past few years. I'm an MMO player by heart and it saddes me that we haven't had a proper new release in years. I'm so fucking thirsty for an MMO. So I don't open a new thread, Bless Online is coming out next month: http://store.steampowered.com/app/681660/Bless_Online/

Generally a themepark MMO like Bless Online would simply fly over our heads, but due to there being such a drought, people are actually getting excited for this. Shit, even I'm somewhat curious how this will turn out and will most likely play it, if early reviews are good. Just goes to show how thirsty the MMO playerbase is.
Is Bless a themepark? I hear its a pvp always on game unless you use an item to turn it off, which can be obtained by playing the game for a bit but then after you reach that limit you have to buy it from cash shop.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 08:05:30 pm »
Is Bless a themepark? I hear its a pvp always on game unless you use an item to turn it off, which can be obtained by playing the game for a bit but then after you reach that limit you have to buy it from cash shop.

It's a themepark. Nothing about the cash shop is known, everything that you hear is based on japanese version, which is not necessarily accurate. Not that I mind that potion as a PvP player.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 08:18:28 pm »
It's a themepark. Nothing about the cash shop is known, everything that you hear is based on japanese version, which is not necessarily accurate. Not that I mind that potion as a PvP player.
Nope not everything I heard is based on the Japanese version. This is from an interview with the devs about the steam version.

"MMORPG: Will there be separate PVE and PVP servers, or is it all PVP all the time?

Bless Online Team: There will not be separate PVE or PVP servers, but we understand that many players do not wish to partake in PVP until it’s on their own terms. To help with this, there will be a consumable item that players can buy in-game to make them non-PVP enabled. This will work all the way to the level cap, last for a time, and has no cooldown. At the level cap, the item will still be obtainable, but via the Cash Shop. A large part of the later game content is PVP oriented (like our sieges), so we’re hoping players will try to engage in the conflict between the two factions then. Still, if they wish to avoid PVP, they’ll be able to buy the consumable in the cash shop, and you will also be able to earn cash shop currency via in-game activities as well."

"MMORPG: Will microtransaction or item shop things be available at a later point for players to purchase? If so, please tell us about the types of things players will find.

Bless Online Team: Yes, Bless Online will have a cash shop. In it you’ll find awesome cosmetic equipments, skins, mounts and pets, consumables and boosts, and more. There will be no “loot boxes” as it were."

Hopefully the grind isn't artificially made to be tedious in hopes of encouraging people to buy boosts seeing how this version is b2p.

Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/bless/interviews/neowiz-on-buy-to-play-the-item-shop-emissaries-and-more-1000012565#mhSKU0L5TbGygMIX.99
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:24:44 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1632
  • Infamy: 320
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 08:23:44 pm »
+1

How are we supposed to bring communism to Saskatchewan if we don't know anything about it, duh?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 08:27:03 pm »
+1
How are we supposed to bring communism to Saskatchewan if we don't know anything about it, duh?
The Wolverines stand with you James.  :P
PENDULUM