Author Topic: Flag changes possible?  (Read 554 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Flag changes possible?
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:53:21 pm »
Any possibility to edit flag cap speeds? Perhaps stacked infantry caps faster. If it was, say, twice as fast as it is now with ~3 people on it, then the battle pace would be far faster than it is now. Ranged would have far less time to dwindle down infantry, and infantry would be forced into combat at a more rushed pace making for more explosive and compact battles.

It seems that people just get bored quickly because the pacing of battles right now can be extremely slow at times, which makes them basically just rush in for a quick fight fix and then quit because they got shot to death. And sometimes its not even worth going flags because it simply takes too long, and over that time youve lost your teammates anyways and so you get pushed down. This seems to favour ranged and cav to just take their time and get pickoffs.

Could end up negatively with people just not caring about losing to flags because they dont die (muh k/d), so rounds end fast without any action at all. But i think it would be worth a shot, a lot of balancing issues seem to be fixable through gamemode changes making it favourable to infantry.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Flag changes possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 10:59:41 am »
Honestly, added to how bad the flag mechanics work and how randomly they appear on the map, I would change how it works instead in general.

Sometimes flags appear on big maps when people simply can't reach each other fast enough to make a kill. Sometimes they just randomly start from scratch on low population. Sometimes flags spawn right where enemies spawn making it so difficult to win. Sometimes they spawn miles away on the map edge making it impossible to reach before you lose even if you run straight for it. Sometimes they're just bugged and don't do anything.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Flag changes possible?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 12:42:49 pm »
Honestly, added to how bad the flag mechanics work and how randomly they appear on the map, I would change how it works instead in general.

Sometimes flags appear on big maps when people simply can't reach each other fast enough to make a kill. Sometimes they just randomly start from scratch on low population. Sometimes flags spawn right where enemies spawn making it so difficult to win. Sometimes they spawn miles away on the map edge making it impossible to reach before you lose even if you run straight for it. Sometimes they're just bugged and don't do anything.

Yeah thats true, but i think changing their core mechanics would take more effort than adding the faster cap, which i think is in native or some other mode. I do think we need some kind of faster paced, or respawn based gamemode though. Flag changes would up the pace enough that a death to anything wouldnt feel too bad/frustrating when rounds end quicker. I'm sure everyones had the first round they join, and die to a couch or headshot leading to them just leaving. I doubt this happens to anyone on a tdm server for example. Not that we'd have exactly that, but we probably wouldnt have 4-5minute rounds on a population of 10-15 people.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login