Author Topic: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!  (Read 58146 times)

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
Maybe FIX THE GAME?!
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:30:04 am »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:37:04 am »
+3
People whined about ranged pop, so they had to come up with some sort of class balance, that I understand. But right now, the game is literally unplayable since the teams aren't even being balanced at all, which means the old balance system needs to be put back (at least temporarily) before the populations goes further down.

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 01:52:47 am »
would also say bring back 2012 version,if possible,with ladders and all that shit.

i see that they are trying to fix balance stuff because of ranged,but now u are not really able to play in this state.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 02:10:32 am »
+4
i just guess its same as it always was, its just people got way too good in this game so they get hit with range weapons 9 out of 10.I think we (melee) should stop crying and fucking group up and bro code on server and just rape all range until they start raging just as we do.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:57:13 am »
+1
maybe its just the game gets boring after a bit no matter what you do.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 02:59:20 am »
+3
With titles like this in such a small community im surprised there are still people that choose to be devs here  :mrgreen: Revert would be fun but whatever, just play casually when the game actually works. Plenty of other good games out there now.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 03:00:07 am »
+9
You can please all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:36:52 am »
+17
Wow, this community is so full of salty tears I think I'm gonna drown, do you guys think the Deve don't already know that the current balance is bugged? How many threads do you need to make? Its funny cuz the only reason they even messed with the balance in the first place was because the 1000 posts a day we've been getting for the last month crying about ranged and shit. Why couldn't you idiots just enjoy the mod instead of just bitching about everything?
Current devs been putting in months of unpaid time and effort into reviving the mod....and what did the community do in return? What they always did......bitch and moan.....bunch of ungrateful bottom feeding cunts

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 04:44:40 am »
+7
Revert back to 2012, game was perfect then. Population was at its peak.

We all fondly remember the good ol' days, but the notion that reverting to how everything was in 2012 will bring back the 2012 player population is misguided at best. People have moved on. We're just old cunts playing an old mod and we should be glad that there are still great deves keeping the whole thing alive.
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 06:56:19 am »
+50
It is with the heaviest heart and most solemn of words that I apologize for the recent balance changes. However, words cannot express the deep regret I feel in trying to address player complaints about ranged balance. Truly, for twelve hours of one day to be rendered utterly wasted by poor team balance is tantamount to the most heinous of crimes, as you, my dear players, found your lives in shambles because the teams in an online game you play were unfair. The fault lays on my shoulders, as I let my vigilance, my everlasting watch slip last night, when I succumbed to my greedy desires, and slept, after being awake for two days.

How dare I assume to stand upon the shoulders of giants, and work to improve the mod, to improve the quality of the gameplay, to improve the enjoyment of players in this game. I now see that my attempts to fix the distribution of range between teams in cRPG were misguided, and for naught, as by doing so, I dared to make mistakes while introducing code to a complex and convoluted method. The failure of my code, and my failure to fix it immediately is a direct representation as my failure as a developer, and as a human being. This sorrow I feel permeates my entire soul, my being, as my decision to spend my own time to work on this mod for no reward other than the reward of learning has only caused woe, for the code I write is not perfect, and sometimes has unfortunate errors.

Not only this, but my heart is with you noble 2H heroes and cavalrymen, whose very existence is threatened by the brutally overpowered class that is ranged. It is now clear to me that those who tread the mortally bankrupt path of ranged deserve not to do damage to any. For a projectile to damage one who solely dedicates their build to maximum performance in melee is unacceptable. It is undeniable that you are all gods in the realm of melee. How dare the filth that play ranged presume to counter you, with your balanced builds, medium armor and lack of shields!

The past cannot be forgiven, so I must move on to the future, where my path is clear. I shall delete the accounts of those who play ranged, give all 2h heroes and cavalry players 10 loom points each as compensation for the emotional damage they suffered at the cruel hands of ranged players. Not only that, but I shall revert the team balancer to a state where classes are not balanced between teams, and where one team can utterly destroy another team for an entire map straight, which is truly an enjoyable experience for all involved.

Once again, I apologize for not devoting myself fully to work on cRPG, and produce patches that perfect, without errors, as is expected of me. I am your humble servant, my will is yours to command. Never again shall I make a change without ensuring that each and every player wholly supports that change. Never again shall I trust that my feeble, weak mind can come up with solutions that will improve the playing experience of this mod. Never again shall I indulge in my own personal needs, such as sleeping, or attending college. Finally, never again shall I assume others to be at least somewhat grateful of the fact that cRPG is alive, and that someone is working on it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:02:47 am by RD_Professor »
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 07:43:43 am »
+1
It is with the heaviest heart and most solemn of words that I apologize for the recent balance changes. However, words cannot express the deep regret I feel in trying to address player complaints about ranged balance. Truly, for twelve hours of one day to be rendered utterly wasted by poor team balance is tantamount to the most heinous of crimes, as you, my dear players, found your lives in shambles because the teams in an online game you play were unfair. The fault lays on my shoulders, as I let my vigilance, my everlasting watch slip last night, when I succumbed to my greedy desires, and slept, after being awake for two days.

How dare I assume to stand upon the shoulders of giants, and work to improve the mod, to improve the quality of the gameplay, to improve the enjoyment of players in this game. I now see that my attempts to fix the distribution of range between teams in cRPG were misguided, and for naught, as by doing so, I dared to make mistakes while introducing code to a complex and convoluted method. The failure of my code, and my failure to fix it immediately is a direct representation as my failure as a developer, and as a human being. This sorrow I feel permeates my entire soul, my being, as my decision to spend my own time to work on this mod for no reward other than the reward of learning has only caused woe, for the code I write is not perfect, and sometimes has unfortunate errors.

Not only this, but my heart is with you noble 2H heroes and cavalrymen, whose very existence is threatened by the brutally overpowered class that is ranged. It is now clear to me that those who tread the mortally bankrupt path of ranged deserve not to do damage to any. For a projectile to damage one who solely dedicates their build to maximum performance in melee is unacceptable. It is undeniable that you are all gods in the realm of melee. How dare the filth that play ranged presume to counter you, with your balanced builds, medium armor and lack of shields!

The past cannot be forgiven, so I must move on to the future, where my path is clear. I shall delete the accounts of those who play ranged, give all 2h heroes and cavalry players 10 loom points each as compensation for the emotional damage they suffered at the cruel hands of ranged players. Not only that, but I shall revert the team balancer to a state where classes are not balanced between teams, and where one team can utterly destroy another team for an entire map straight, which is truly an enjoyable experience for all involved.

Once again, I apologize for not devoting myself fully to work on cRPG, and produce patches that perfect, without errors, as is expected of me. I am your humble servant, my will is yours to command. Never again shall I make a change without ensuring that each and every player wholly supports that change. Never again shall I trust that my feeble, weak mind can come up with solutions that will improve the playing experience of this mod. Never again shall I indulge in my own personal needs, such as sleeping, or attending college. Finally, never again shall I assume others to be at least somewhat grateful of the fact that cRPG is alive, and that someone is working on it.

The dev's curse has finally corrupted Professor's soul. Press "F" to pay respects.

F
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:32 am »
+17
Less a curse, more the moment of realisation that cRPG players are as grateful as the Greek.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 09:03:08 am »
+1
Another proof that players with prick attitude can kill a game #ungratefulCunts #whyGiveFeedbackWhenICanYell

not pointing with fingers here, but there's a couple of players in particular I'm blaming
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 09:42:15 am »
+14
I was waiting for a good opportunity to show support to Prof&co, so here I go:

(click to show/hide)

You gotta be strong for the silent reasonable people still enjoying and playing the game, and who understand that things take time.
You dont have to put any more hours that you feel is too much in it, take as much time as you need, we have other games and other activities to keep us entertained.
The only thing that you have to do, is stay at your post and do what you think is good, for those that are still here. Until a time where you cant anymore, but please dont let ungratefulness lead to bitterness lead to mental burnout. Keep it steady but keep it cool.

I say this having seen a couple huge breakdown after exactly the same pattern: a need for change arise from within the community or the team responsible for the game (out of necessity, boredom or experience), the change is made progressively or abruptly and people are affected, then (whether the change is good/bad or not even finished) you will have to face at least one of those 3 scenarios:

- the change is good for those who wanted it, but those who never complained or liked the status quo will show up and want a revert (making it look like there is no pleasing anyone)
- the change is bad for those who wanted it, they will complain about how its broken and want things totally removed at once, and those that liked the status quo will at least mock how your efforts have only the effect to undermine the game (making it look like everyone is against you)
- the change is good for mostly everyone, but except if its tremendously astounding noone will show up at your door and thank you for it (making it look like you are doing nothing at all)
bonus scenario:
(click to show/hide)

Case in point, entertaining a gaming community is brutal and mentally extremely consuming. Be strong and know that there is people like me cheering you on. I feel like you are well respected within our community Prof, you kind of have carte blanche with most of us; as long as you dont rage quit or become a public asshole you will find support here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:59:14 am by Butan »

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 12:16:31 pm »
+2
i just guess its same as it always was, its just people got way too good in this game so they get hit with range weapons 9 out of 10.I think we (melee) should stop crying and fucking group up and bro code on server and just rape all range until they start raging just as we do.

sounds good but doesnt work.

Jackie who?