Author Topic: how to remove a very simple but yet annoying sound when playing ranged  (Read 1048 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
For anyone like me that finds the sound that plays when you make a hit with a ranged weapon quite annoying or loud? i don't know maybe there is someone out there like me

go to the mount and blade warband folder (not the cRPG module folder) but the main game folder. inside there go into the sounds folder and delete "mp_arrow_hit_target.ogg" or just remove it to a back up folder somewhere and then realize the difference it makes when playing ranged.

I gotta say it's so much more satisfying hearing the actual player get damaged over the loud bass thud you normally hear, makes it more realistic and adds to immersion not knowing if u hit anything. got to rely more on your eyes like irl  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:33:18 pm by //saxon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
Re: how to remove a very simple but yet annoying sound when playing ranged
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:46 am »
+5
i could not play archer without this sound ! =p
it's too important for me to know if you hit or not when you do a long range shot to know if you have to re adjust or not...
and also sometimes you release the arrow and you dont have time to watch if it's hiting or not because you are already watching an other direction to prepare your next shot.

and if you allow me  to give an advice to beginer archers it would be :
watch around you after each arrow FFS!!!
during reloading animation you have time to check around you! that will save your ass!

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: how to remove a very simple but yet annoying sound when playing ranged
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:39:10 pm »
i find tracking your score frequently works fine to when wandering if you hit or not