Author Topic: Zottlmarsch  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Zottlmarsch
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:17 pm »
I have screencaps of James trying to pay me cash for looms, can he get banned for that?

Rofl, I was waiting for this story to come back into the light... aaaaand now he's silenced also. Classy as always.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 04:22:15 pm »
TBH not sure why we didn't remove Havelle from forums as well as the game. Hes permanently banned for ban evading already.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 04:23:11 pm »
+1
Are you fucking retarded? You've gone full autistic man.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »
+2
TBH not sure why we didn't remove Havelle from forums as well as the game. Hes permanently banned for ban evading already.

Because despite however many times you get banned on one or the other, the bans don't carry over unless you do something banworthy on each individually. I.e. Allers wasn't banned from the forums each and every time he was banned in-game. Nor was panos, afaik. Only lately have mods/admins deemed it 'necessary' to ban someone on one medium for an infraction on the other. In short, zottl "should" (lol) have been banned in-game for breaking the mod's rules. However the ban shouldn't have carried over to the forum. The reason for this is simple, when banned from the mod, you were told to make your case in the unban section of the forums. Something you obviously can't do if you're wrongfully banned from the forum as well.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 04:26:44 pm »
+2
Though havelle tried to lure me into breaking the rules so he could try and get my admin removed, because he is a cunt, I never went through with sending him the wine thankfully and never broke the rules.

So, this is the point where you provide the proof of Zottl selling looms? Or do I get banned for claiming I've teamkilled you a thousand times on purpose?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2017, 04:27:06 pm »
I'm not gonna have Havelle spewing some bullshit about how I tried to sell him looms :lol:. He tried to get me to do it and it didn't work. Hes also never gonna be allowed to play the game again because of how he behaved to a bunch of the admins and how he broke the rules. That's the way she goes.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2017, 05:56:31 pm »
Retroactively banned for breaking the rules years ago. I feel it's only fair if all DRZ and Greys were finally perma'd for multiaccounting. Not like any play the game anymore anyways lol.

Retroactive banning means he was banned for something that was made an offense after he did the act.  It does not mean a lengthy delay in the administration of a ban.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2017, 10:48:57 pm »
+1
Holy fuck hahahah.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2017, 10:52:46 pm »
+2
BOOOH!
BOOOOOOOH!
BOOOOOOOOOOH!

Also lol.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2017, 11:25:10 pm »
+1
This ban came about because he posted that he had sold looms for cash this week or so. It's not that us admins were furiously searching through all of his posts, trying to dig up dirt on him so that we could ban him, no, he flat out said that he broke the rules.

Poor analogy here, but if someone tells a police officer that they murdered someone 20 years ago, odds are that person will be arrested and punished accordingly.

Should he have been banned from forums? Perhaps not. As some have said, how can he tell his side of it if he's banned on the forums? Then again, there isn't much else to tell when you admit to selling looms for cash.

Here's the post. Context is James asked him how many looms he had.
I played the market well and had like 35 +3s, but I sold them for real life cash just before the patch of destiny when there was a lot of hype. It was a smart move.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2017, 11:31:29 pm »
Ehm yes, everyone knows that? Read the thread, maybe?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 11:32:07 pm »
+1
As you said. Poor analogy. You are not the police. They are not murderers. Buying selling looms for real money never ended up with a forum ban. You realise that we don't use this forum because we can't let crpg go, we are here cus it's a good board. You can't ban people from forums randomly just because you hold the ropes now. Ban from the game? Nobody cares. It was a retarded decision.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 11:35:44 pm »
+1
Classic power trip move from new admins.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 11:36:16 pm »
Poor analogy here, but if someone tells a police officer that they murdered someone 20 years ago, odds are that person will be arrested and punished accordingly.

I'm sure the cops would at least ask the man who he murdered, that way they can check their files and see if that person existed and indeed got murdered. If not, then he's just a loony toon and/or someone seeking attention. Needless to say the police officers would then proceed to take an official statement, admission of guilt, etc. Similarly, you don't get arrested in Russia for a minor infraction you committed in Mexico. Same goes for crpg - the mod and the forums have always been two separate entities, and the punishment very rarely, if ever would cross over. Infinitely more in-game bans have been handed out than forum bans.

Sure, as you pointed out, the analogy doesn't hold up 1:1, but we should at least have stricter regulations around here other than "he said something, let's believe it and punish him accordingly." Think about it, if I said "Professor sold looms back in the day," would the other devs instantly ban you? Unlikely, they would instead ask for proof first. Same standards apply with an admission of guilt, especially since no one tried so hard as to ask "wait, seriously?" to get confirmation one way or the other.

Edit: Similarly, Havelle got banned only because he "spread lies and slander" about good ole James here. Sorry, but that has never been a ban-worthy offense on the forums, especially if you only made one post about it. If you spam it in every thread, well that can understandably lead to a mute, then a longer mute, and eventually perhaps a ban, yes. But one post saying "i have the dirt on him, lel" is a far cry from a permaban.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:40:09 pm by Jona »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 06:05:53 am »
+7
Dishing out bans in a near dead community for a dead mod. Its almost as if it wouldve been better to just drop development so we can at least keep forums on life support.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA