Author Topic: 2/29/20  (Read 96012 times)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Re: 2/29/20
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2019, 07:09:55 pm »
The game having mods requires it to actually release which at this point seems questionable

well, the game's popularity mostly did come from the mods after all
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2019, 09:14:11 pm »
+1
For van
For vanilla multiplayer? That's an improvement in my eyes, makes the multiplayer easier to balance and more fit for the competitive scene (and you can still customize with cosmetic armor), the equipment system in vanilla warband mp didn't work well, too wobbly. Crpg is pretty close to being impossible to balance thanks to that, but that's also the point why we love it so much: infinite customization of armors and builds

You don't need to force complete loadouts to have decent balance... you can just as easily tune weapon stats and weapon costs and disallow certain broken combinations.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2019, 10:08:31 pm »
I really really dislike being stuck with one nations gear in warband mp from the looks of it I am not even going to buy BL til there is a mod to remedy it now.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2019, 02:00:15 pm »
+1
You don't need to force complete loadouts to have decent balance... you can just as easily tune weapon stats and weapon costs and disallow certain broken combinations.
Yup. Mordhau is a great example. There is no single "overpowered loadout", because the weapons in general are balanced, and they cost the right amount. A long reach, high-damage weapon means your armor is going to be limited, etc. If you want a bow, you won't have enough points for decent armor or a decent melee weapon. There's no reason Bannerlord couldn't do something similar.

From the devblog:

Some classes are clearly stronger and better equipped than others

Huh? Why?

Some of our game modes feature a respawn system, so how you manage those points throughout the course of a round will determine which classes you have access to

I think this is more or less how it was in vanilla, but I played very little of that outside of duels. Either way, I really, really dislike this "CSGO" economy. I want to play what I want to play. It's stupid I can't use whatever weapon I feel like using, or whatever armor set. Not to mention secondary effects like snowballing because of the economy. Again, no reason for limitations like these if your game is balanced, รก la Mordhau.

With these changes, the entire focus of the gameplay is put onto player skill and teamwork, rather than whoever has the superior equipment or loadout. We think these changes will go a long way in preventing a snowball effect, in which the winning team just gets stronger with each consecutive round win. In Bannerlord, every round starts on a somewhat level playing field, which should provide for a more exciting back and forth between the two teams throughout the course of a match.

But... what? You just got done talking about how different classes cost more, and some are flat-out superior to others. How does that put the focus on skill rather than who has the superior loadout? How does that prevent snowballing? Your team wipes out the other team's high-cost classes, and now they either A) have less points to respawn or B) have to use shitty classes. That's the definition of snowball.

Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2019, 01:25:02 am »
+2
Looks like I was off 1 month on my title. Now lets see if that date gets delayed they cant even stick to the timeframe they said beta keys were going to start being passed out.

Callum on 8/28 "For those of you that have applied to take part in the beta through the link above: we will start to distribute keys next week. Keys will be sent out in waves, so if you don't get a key within the next couple of weeks, don't panic, more will be sent out over time!
Thank you for your understanding and patience."

Callum on 9/5 "Originally posted by Callum:
the forums are hidden right now, but they will be opened up and accessible next week alongside the first wave of beta invites!)"
I bet we dont even see games full release for mods til 2021
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die