Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107699 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #675 on: December 18, 2017, 12:19:24 pm »
+4
Because what they came up with was better...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 18, 2017, 12:43:57 pm »
+1
Well, I'm entitled to my opinion just a you are.
Cute lamb though

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2017, 01:32:18 pm »
+5
would be nice if some of the more active clans and players from okam moved over to crpg too.

come back home to granny, it's nice and cosy here in our little mod

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #678 on: December 18, 2017, 02:48:55 pm »

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #679 on: December 18, 2017, 03:54:08 pm »
+3
Well, I'm entitled to my opinion just a you are.
Cute lamb though

Well Sigibert since its over, I for one would like to welcome you back to cRPG. You would be most welcome with us Norse if FCoR don't make it here :)

"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 18, 2017, 09:14:36 pm »
+5
Well Sigibert since its over, I for one would like to welcome you back to cRPG. You would be most welcome with us Norse if FCoR don't make it here :)

Thanks. I was never much of a cRPG player but if FCoR decides to migrate to cRPG I might give it a try.

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #682 on: December 19, 2017, 09:07:15 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)
:rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2849
  • Infamy: 1462
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »
A sad day for myself personally, as I had gotten involved with the game a long time ago

For the most part the game was enjoyable even when all the players left, but some of the best hours I spent gaming was in those early days of launch at the end of August 2016

newfag

I could use your opinion on kickstarter; if you can keep quiet, and are interested in giving some advice, query me in irc

5 years, 13 days

RIP

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 19, 2017, 10:59:00 pm »
+1
>Put Nessaj in charge of kickstarter
>Expect it to do well
<it doesn't do well
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 19, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »
+4
Because what they came up with was better... I'm still sad that Bannerlord will be better in almost all respects but the melee combat controls. Guess it has to work for controllers as well...

I ended up hating those controls. Its probably the most off putting thing about that game. The lack of Epic, the deletion of the forum (wtf..who just moves a smallish community like that), the turning their backs on an established community without ever really giving a full explanation for the disappearance of the Donkey's and the lack of cavalry were sore spots, but it was the controls that ultimately made it not very fun to play

After a while it felt like all anyone was doing was try to make you fight the controls rather than fight the player with the game mechanics as they were intended. Having the camera direction forever tied to both the block direction and the swing direction was so awkward. It was like playing an FPS game in which every time you look left you can only shoot to the right, or every time you want to shoot right you have to move the camera to the left. It was a nice gimmick to start with, but then after many hours it was just a chore and didn't really improve on M&B. At its core it could have sustained itself with a solid melee combat system and decent controls but without even that they were doomed without Epic and with the Donkey's leaving without ever addressing what happened.

I guess since the servers are getting pulled and the game won't be sold anymore we could find out what really happened from the Donkey Crew's perspective soon. I still think that game could be salvaged if they went back to the basics of the controls and melee combat, added some cavalry and had a decent single life game mode and marketed that as the main game rather than the respawning game modes. Maybe once the dust settles Donkey crew can re-acquire some of the assets and make a new game?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #686 on: December 19, 2017, 11:29:30 pm »
+3
i've wasted many hours of my life trying to explain to siegbert how warband has far more depth than OKAM; he's a lost cause i'm afraid

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 20, 2017, 12:54:50 am »
So there is no single player part of the game right? Shouldn't GMG be giving out free keys for another game seeing as they are shutting OKaM down before it even leaves EA?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/430440/discussions/0/2906376154329947059/
lol someone bought the game a week ago and now its being scuttled. I guess it could have been worse and he had bought it 2 weeks ago and not be able to get the steam refund, unless he played/logged on to it over 2 hours and now still cant refund.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:04:09 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1813
  • Infamy: 1725
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 20, 2017, 01:51:24 am »
>Put Nessaj in charge of kickstarter
>Expect it to do well
<it doesn't do well

It totally sucks that I actually have a censor on brain-mouth barrier. Because I was totally going to tell chadz to invest crowdfunded money from cRPG community into bitcoins, but I was afraid he'll think I'm completely nuts. I believe Meow spent a lot of time trying to convince me that was one huge scam.

About M:BG, I never played it. But I've seen that clip when they changed controls and at that very moment that game went from very promising to hope they'll make it. I immediately lost interest. They spent plenty of time trying to convince us how that change was justified, it was better, revolutionary or whatever. But like emperor's new clothes, it was easy for even a baby to notice that wasn't going to work. It was off from the day one, just like Star Citizen combat system. You either nail it or pretend you have something good while in fact you have crap in your hands.

Deleted forum account when certain individuals went full retard and I believe that was few days after forum was opened.  Pogosan going overly serious into whole story and that annoying spammer ruined forum for me. But Pogosan truly disappointed me, he completely changed his online persona when he migrated from one online community to another. Not sure I can thrust that dude about anything when he's able to completely switch off because of some irrelevant gig like moderating online gaming community. Have some self respect.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 20, 2017, 08:47:34 am »
+2
i've wasted many hours of my life trying to explain to siegbert how warband has far more depth than OKAM; he's a lost cause i'm afraid

So many okam diehard fans and shills even now believe the game had the best combat system, it's hilarious. The combat was a clunky, sluggish mess with stiff and ugly animations and horrible controls. Every "feature" these brainwashed bubble-dwellers think improved the combat (such as more attack directions or left click for everything) didn't actually put any depth on the system.
Their argument? You didn't put enough hours in it; I don't need to put in hundreds of hours in another FPS game for example to be able to tell it's garbage. The things that were wrong with OKAM's combat were very obvious and detectable fast to anyone with veteran experience in the genre.

thrust that dude

yeah i'm sure you'd like that leshman

Here's a rare footage of OKAM shills btw
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:06:38 am by Vibe »