Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107391 times)

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2017, 09:00:08 am »
+2
Hehe, maybe. Don't remember that one.

I liked the Okam Defense Squad, despite not actually being that accurate.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2017, 09:02:35 am »
+6
I'm the average player's opinion which is valid, too.

The average player's opinion was that Warband was superior, as evidenced by people still playing Warband (take note, playing Warband, not cRPG or Strategus) and almost no one playing or purchasing OKAM. And trust me, it is not only because OKAM failed with Epic. If the game's combat system really was better, at least a part of people would flock to it, including competitive players. They didn't and the game died off.

Ok, I know it's easy ridiculing any dissenting opinion on that matter on this forum since every one who hates Okam has stayed here, and everybody who loved it had moved to Okam discord.

I'll ridicule OKAM on any forum or discord, as I have always done. The thing that makes it "easy" to ridicule is that it was simply a worse combat system and overall a massive failure as a project, not the number of people who agree or disagree with me, what does that even matter lol. The only difference is that on OKAM discord this shit would simply fly over your heads because you people lived in a bubble and thought OKAM was the second coming. Getting fed bullshit filler patchnotes (changed menu background and text wow!) for over a year, oh my the devs are doing great work and the game is doing fine! You cucks deserve to get scammed.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:24:12 am by Vibe »

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 21, 2017, 09:12:56 am »
I admit that controls are hard to get into and the situation for the entire year was that everybody still playing was quite good at it leaving new players no choice to get some kills in making them leave frustatedly. Which is pretty similar to cRPG, I feel. Many really good players around there.

When you go on native you still find many average players so you can shine despite not being top tier.

The reason Okam did bad was mainly because of its bad marketing and failed promises. The combat was the only thing that made it stick out. M&B always had a better chance at surviving, being both MP and SP with a huge amount of mods and dedicated fan base.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 21, 2017, 09:44:32 am »
+2
The reason Okam did bad was mainly because of its bad marketing and failed promises. The combat was the only thing that made it stick out.

Rather, having a mediocre combat system didn't help people look past OKAM's other failures. There's a decent amount of people who don't care about Strategus or Open world and simply want a good competitive combat system, mainly Warband players. OKAM didn't manage to grab those either.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #724 on: December 21, 2017, 01:40:21 pm »
+1
Then they went and just deleted the forum and all those quality posts with it, ffs

A bit salty about that tbh. I have done some seriously shitty shitposting in my day but that was UBER-Shitposting.

(click to show/hide)

pogosan

« Reply #725 on: December 21, 2017, 01:51:29 pm »
+3

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #726 on: December 21, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »
+3
I actually backed the whole old forum up for meme value. I'm not saying I'll share though.

:shock: HAMMERLAW?
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 21, 2017, 02:37:19 pm »
+1
A bit salty about that tbh. I have done some seriously shitty shitposting in my day but that was UBER-Shitposting.

(click to show/hide)

I feel you... I never got to beat Golem  :(

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2017, 05:08:19 pm »
+2
It literally takes about 20 hours to master

Not gonna lie, 20 hours is being hella generous. I only spent 3 or so hours in the game and the only thing that I felt was holding me back was my access to good gear and higher levels. Was already getting a highly positive KDR with my peasant rags and dull blades, didn't really think the controls took all that much adjusting to, and once you were used to the controls the gameplay was so shallow you could "master" it in just a couple hours. If there was one aspect that I didn't get a chance to fully grasp (at a competitive level) it was the stance lock toggle, but it was only ever optional and I still used it effectively enough to turn with a held swing, I just didn't take it so far as to reliably apply it to feints/spins or w.e. I guess I should also note that I stopped playing before the jump-swing meta evolved since that stuff wasn't added until after. Not sure if that made the game easier or harder to master, but it looked pretty dumb regardless.

:shock: HAMMERLAW?

A shame you never backed that thread up on these forums. That was the only reason I checked in on those forums once a week or so until you stopped posting updates.  :cry:

Let's just take a moment to remember the aspect of OKAM that was truly superior... the ability to embed quotes on the forum as above without manual giggery-pokery

It was a useful feature for sure, but in order to avoid endlessly long quote chains you'd still have to manually go and remove some of the text yourself. Ideally there'd be a checkbox that you select to include the full quote chain or not when you quote a post.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:11:34 pm by Jona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2017, 05:24:33 pm »
+1
I still have the savegame, but no idea about the text...
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #730 on: December 21, 2017, 05:54:31 pm »
positive KDR

nerd mod on: You cannot have a negative k/d anyway unless you teamkill more than you kill. The moment you have >_ 0 positive kills you have a positive k/d. Also fun fact: you cannot have a k/d at all if you never die.That would mean a division through 0 and thats not allowed.

hurr

(click to show/hide)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #731 on: December 21, 2017, 06:07:55 pm »
+5
nerd mod on: You cannot have a negative k/d anyway unless you teamkill more than you kill. The moment you have >_ 0 positive kills you have a positive k/d. Also fun fact: you cannot have a k/d at all if you never die.That would mean a division through 0 and thats not allowed.

hurr

(click to show/hide)

Die
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

pogosan

« Reply #732 on: December 21, 2017, 06:40:38 pm »
+2

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 21, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »
+2

I tried to tell that to Tybalt aka Bittersteel aka Golden Company leader aka Siege Master but he never got it. Thanks for showing the way Cassi.

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 21, 2017, 10:05:24 pm »
I guess a KD ratio smaller than 1 would be the equivalent of negative.