Author Topic: An idea for a different type of seige.  (Read 844 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
An idea for a different type of seige.
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:25:38 am »
1st round both teams start in the field outside the castle doing open battle.The winners then move into the castle to defend the other team goes offense.
Then instead of 1 flag maybe have some points of conflict where you win the point your team spawns there and each point gets progressively closer to the final flag.
To me this would give it more of a sense of progression rather than the run to the flag die try to run there again etc.
Might not work in some of the smaller maps but it would seem like it would in the larger ones like the one everyone QQ's over the long walk to the castle and some other larger ones.
Anyways just a thought,maybe not a good one but hey you never know.Any thoughts or opinions are more than welcome. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:27:55 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
Re: An idea for a different type of seige.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 02:31:43 am »
Sounds like rush mode from bc2. Just replace the comm units with a flag.

Make a few large castle maps with 3/4 flag points and a 15 minute timer. Each flag taken gives +1 xp multiplier, and each flag lost -1 multiplier. Allow defenders to take flags back too otherwise they would get screwed on xp. Maybe start the attackers off at a flag of their own by or inside a castle and allow the defenders to take it, either winning the round or pushing the attackers back to a farther back spawn.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 02:35:35 am »
Maybe have something like 2 castles each with their own flags and middle as an open field and both teams have to attack and defend till someone wins.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wrenaq_Lars

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MonkeyBlade
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 02:37:45 am »
Maybe have something like 2 castles each with their own flags and middle as an open field and both teams have to attack and defend till someone wins.
sounds good with a timer at around  30 mins

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 02:46:44 am »
sounds good with a timer at around  30 mins

whichever team wins needs to get a bigger multiplier other than x1, not worth 30 minutes, Respawn time would need to be very long
Just a soldier

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 03:17:05 am »
I like the OP idea, kind of like the siege battles in single player. Well, not exactly like, but close.

It happens already, defenders rushing out to intercept the attackers before they can raise ladders or push towers etc. but on an individual basis, not part of the actual map layout or game mode.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 03:55:43 am »
I like the idea of taking and holding points as a team increasing your modifier in that round per maintained location. It would make getting exp something more then just a long standardized grind, rewarding teamwork and motivation instead of patience and lack of life. This would be a very popular mode for sure.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:30 am »
What about the "Battlefield" game mode, where there are 2 teams, no attackers, no defenders. Its just war. 5 flags, 3 starting in neutral position, the 2 outer ones starting owned by each side. One could do like the original battlefield games, where each side has an amount of tickets and each death is a loss of one. However, I think the best is a 25 sec respawn time, and a timer on the round length. Also holding more flags (apart from the one you start with) gives +1 multiplier, and the team that manages to get all the flags wins the round and gets a +1 multiplier for next round. (though this would be lost if ones loses a round, just like normal battle)

Maps could be made up of different small centers on a pretty big map. There all class types could have their advantages. Some open fields between flags, some small castles/ruins with the flags on, villages, etc. I think this gamemode could be very very cool. This is after all the main reason for the Battlefield series' success. (rules could odcourse be changed from what I proposed, that was just the first rules I could come up with)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login