Author Topic: Dev Blog #5 Combat  (Read 69556 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Re: Dev Blog #5 Combat
« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2016, 12:18:07 pm »
+2
I guess I couldn't hear anything worse. Their drugs disrupt sense of time. This is why "soon" sounds like "someday" and december 2010 will be in unspecified future  :mrgreen:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:34:07 pm by Harpag »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »
+3
I bet they bought the Star Wars IP and now are making a Knights Of The Old Republic remake  :lol:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »
+1
I bet they bought the Star Wars IP and now are making a Knights Of The Old Republic remake  :lol:

Which would be the most awesome thing ever.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1513
  • Infamy: 2078
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Final Letter from the Chairman
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2016, 06:46:49 pm »
+3
Gaz, while I appreciate your enthusiasm and impatience, let me inform you a little of what I have observed about game development. You might have noticed that most game devs are extremely careful about making deadlines and promising features to the public. With good reason.

Ambitious games, traditionally, are always riding the edge of technology, pushing hardware and new ideas. This is true from the earliest iterations of games, throughout the DOS and Windows era. Now, being at the forefront of whatever capabilities a company has, riding the edge of whats possible, has its risks. One thing is that you are often facing problems and challenges with a lot of unknowns. This in itself makes it hard to estimate how long some new tech is going to take to implement. Sometimes it's easier than you thought, sometimes it's very difficult and time consuming, and sometimes, it shows to be impossible. Sometimes you have to go back and redo a lot of work, because you discover problems that might show up in the future, or it will not facilitate that brilliant idea that trumps an old one.

It's similar to filmmaking, in that you start off with a plan on how to film something. Then reality never gives you exactly what you planned. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, and often just completely different. Then when you have all your footage, you go in and edit whatever you have. And believe me, even the biggest and most famous movies from the most brilliant directors look completely different than what was originally planned! Movies are actually made on purpose in such a way, that it's assumed things will change in the edit. You film a reaction that could be useful even if you aren't supposed to use it in the final film. Eventually large parts of the shot script usually ends up in the trash.

Now, in games all that is even more complicated. Because you have the option to actually go back and forth and change stuff around. You don't get judged and paid like in many other other software projects whether you achieved some kind of list of features. You get judged on whether the game plays and looks according to the expectations of players. It's a much much more subjective thing that is basically ART.

Please don't read this as an excuse, only an explanation for WHY it is not wise to give out our internal deadlines and plans to the public. Who knows, there might be one or several serious bugs showing up day before release, there might be an idea that comes late that will make everything more awesome, but causes a delay.

What I CAN tell you, is that things are moving ahead very well, and that you will very soon see something that I think is awesome, and that we hope you will find awesome too! :D

Signed,
Chris Roberts
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 06:51:58 pm by Leshma »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »
+3
lol ok, you're right. :D But how can I say anything meaningful then, without spoiling a surprise? I'll just shut up.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

pogosan

« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2016, 07:34:04 pm »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2016, 07:53:07 pm »
gib face editing alpha gib gib gib
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2016, 08:31:23 pm »
+1
lol ok, you're right. :D But how can I say anything meaningful then, without spoiling a surprise? I'll just shut up.

Dont mind the hate boys  :P :mrgreen:

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2016, 09:34:35 pm »
+8
Please don't read this as an excuse, only an explanation for WHY it is not wise to give out our internal deadlines and plans to the public.

I would agree with you, but... when we invested in MBG there was something mentioned about regular monthly updates. You know, in the legal contract we have signed with chadz. Well, it wasn't the first nor the last broken promise, so shouldn't be surprised. Still I wish you all the best with the game.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2016, 12:41:25 am »
Don't be mad. Let them make a surprise. I don't know anything about broken promises. Trolling - fine, I enjoy, but everything has limits... again you're approaching  boundaries of being really rude and unpleasant...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2952
  • Infamy: 1191
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2016, 12:56:29 am »
+3
How is he rude? Pointing out facts? I can understand his stance because he invested his money into this project, just like I did with Star Citizen. While I like to make jokes about it, this project is nothing like Star Citizen. First of, it's not a deliberate fraud (Star Citizen is biggest crowdfunding scheme that is about to be investigated this or sometimes next year by justice system). If they can't make the game it's because they aren't able to. Don't forget they are people who met each other on the Internet, worked on a mod together. Never shipped actual commercial game.

Still believe in what I previously said when crowdfunding was taking place. You're giving donation for the time you spent playing free mod, second comes the game. They can only go way above our expectations if they are realistic, no way for them to fail. Because realistically speaking, with their track record, no one could reliably expect them to make a working game. If they really do that's massive win for them and us as well. Making game from scratch is nothing like doing modifications on already finished game.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:01:13 am by Leshma »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #386 on: April 11, 2016, 08:17:02 am »
+2
I'll just shut up.

....and I'll just use this opportunity to (once more) demand more signature space, at least on the new forum.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 11, 2016, 10:33:44 am »
How is he rude? Pointing out facts?

Yes.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #388 on: April 11, 2016, 12:26:12 pm »
+15
it is easy to criticize, but the main point is: your communication towards public sucks big time. you wasted such a huge opportunity for attracting a wider fan base towards mbg while crpg was still popular by locking yourself in the dark resulting in a fucked up KS campaign. now you keep doing it again - i don't see any reason that makes sense behind it except for trying to annoy a few remaining followers that you have left. monthly devblog - 2 to 3 mins videos just showing this guy does this, the other one that, add a few screens, bye, have fun, cu next month. if its half day work a month for 1 guy i'm exaggerating. i think if you'd really value your fans you'd do it. ok ok, the priority is to make the best game... i'm asking for who? well golem, kalp and the other german guy whose name i forget are still listening i guess lol.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 11, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
kalp and the other german guy ...

Right now you created a mortal enemy for ages lol

BTW, autistic always have a problem with communication, it's not their fault. Simply, they are like that, so love or leave. Rain Man... you know...