Author Topic: Dev Blog #5 Combat  (Read 69316 times)

Offline Maestro

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Blog #5 Combat
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2016, 02:26:54 pm »
Feedback

8-)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2016, 01:39:54 pm »
+1
MY HOPE is that simply changing stances to the new side of a incoming attack for a PASSIVE BLOCK will be good enough to reward a player's perfect reflexes.

We came to the same realization after watching the last video update. Currently a stance switch is a parry, and has passive block in that stance direction (upped stances to 7 again).
Monkeys!

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #153 on: February 29, 2016, 05:19:41 am »
I'm not to keen on being able to understand the building of the mechanics so I'm sorry if what I suggest isn't doable.

Is it possible with this system to make dual weapon stances that can only passively block/parry? With left mouse button controlling one hand the right mouse button controlling the other hand for attacks? Obviously it isn't a must have at the moment, yet further down the line if it is doable I'd love to see it implemented.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #154 on: February 29, 2016, 08:04:48 am »
I'm not to keen on being able to understand the building of the mechanics so I'm sorry if what I suggest isn't doable.

Is it possible with this system to make dual weapon stances that can only passively block/parry? With left mouse button controlling one hand the right mouse button controlling the other hand for attacks? Obviously it isn't a must have at the moment, yet further down the line if it is doable I'd love to see it implemented.
Wowser. Need to make mod of this, after release, where you have control each hand independatly, no matter your weapon.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2016, 02:51:32 pm »
+2
add jump kicks pls both to crpg and mbg, effect= 50% knockdown

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #156 on: February 29, 2016, 04:23:26 pm »
add jump kicks pls both to crpg and mbg, effect= 50% knockdown
(click to show/hide)
only if we reduce kick duration, kick reach and add a 50% chance that you get knock downed yourself because you jump with a complete medieval armor+weapons+shield and land on one foot

kicks are already op, the last thing we need now is a server full of people doing jump kicks as their main choice of attack

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2016, 04:45:59 pm »
+1
Kicks are OP? They barely do anything and you're far more likely to miss and put yourself at risk.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »
Kicks are OP? They barely do anything and you're far more likely to miss and put yourself at risk.

maybe in usual battles against multiple foes, but when it comes to 1 on 1 fights, they´re pretty nasty

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2016, 07:07:02 pm »
+1
I reckon being able to be knocked down should be in the game. Maybe from a shield bash or something.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2016, 10:22:59 pm »
So, I'm sorry for being so slow but I'm still confused as to what are the differences between changing your stance and blocking.

If I hit LMB and swipe to the left, I change to the "left stance". Is that change effective immediately?

From the moment that I enter "left stance", I get autoblock on every left attack, so it is my understanding that changing stances is virtually the same as blocking, except you don't have to hold LMB. And I guess there isn't a movement speed penalty to it either.

Now let's consider attacking. If I'm in the left stance, I can't do a right attack, but as far I can tell that's pretty much the only difference with how attacking works in Warband.

Is this correct?

Offline MacX85

• Baron
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2016, 10:53:33 pm »
I thought holding rmb plus swipe left will change you into left stance, while lmb will always initiate an attack movement.

Yeah, you're autoblocking every hit from the left but you'll lose stamina doing so. They said manually blocking by aiming and hitting rmb will result in a perfect block without stamina loss (and possibly less stun?)

Now let's consider attacking. If I'm in the left stance, I can't do a right attack, but as far I can tell that's pretty much the only difference with how attacking works in Warband.

You can do attacks within a certain range of angles. It's not that left stance will only allow for a plain left attack as in Warband, but still all attacks from the left will be passively parried if in the right stance which is a little weird.
I mean, the penalty for passively parrying would need to be quite high so you want to avoid it. Otherwise you'll only concentrate on being in the right stance rather than actively parrying.

Offline Jezbelle

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2016, 11:28:19 pm »
+1
n
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:46:35 pm by Jezbelle »

Offline MacX85

• Baron
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2016, 12:08:54 am »
I got you, but if I understand it correctly parrying will be a lot easier than attacking as for an attack you'll need to perform two actions: 1. get in the prefered stance and 2. strike from your prefered angle.
Now for a passive block all you need to to it being in the right stance.

So if your opponent is not mentally retarded he'll always be able to parry any attack you can throw at him, making the offensive play style dull since you can't just finish him off with a couple of well placed feints.

But then again that's basically how fighting against someone with a shield in Warband is like: Blocking is incredibly easy but the shield will break eventually, analogous to running out of breath from passively parrying all too often in MBG.
Maybe it's not that bad afterall :D

Offline Jezbelle

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2016, 12:15:36 am »
n
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:46:52 pm by Jezbelle »